Home

So everyone's pulling pitches huh?

This is a discussion on So everyone's pulling pitches huh? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8
So everyone's pulling pitches huh?

Cause I'm not, and Im puzzled to why...
I have my difficulty on Veteran default(except CPU pitcher stamina and strikes rate), I see the pitch, square it up and push the ball to right field(with my RH RTTS hitter) my hit chart is LF-27% CF-26% RF-47%... I don't know what Im doing wrong, granted Im hitting great, I jsut want to be able to pull the ball without completely swinging randomly(btw I am avoiding Guess Pitch this year)

I just want to reach out to the community and ask for any tips?
One thing I noticed was I may be pushing the right stick a little to the right which would influence a "push" hit so Im trying to be more conscious able that...
But am I missing something? because all I've heard about the hitting this year is how everyone is pulling everything...
Thanks guys...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: So everyone's pulling pitches huh?

Interested in this aswell
Old 03-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I use timing only and started on vet and crushed 9 HR in 2 games. Put it to all star and was either early or late on almost every single pitch. got shut out and struck out 12 times against doubrant. im awful
Old 03-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
MVP

TGov's Arena

Im really trying to recognize pitches this year and I was using just Analog hitting but I really like using Analog plus zone so Im committing to it and this makes it a little harder too, I think thats why Im on Veteran hitting right now...
Like I said before, I can hit well but Im just pushing everything to the opposite field... I wonder if there's any type of "bat speed" attribute in the game. Seeing that Im playing mainly RTTS my player is a minor leaguer so his bat speed could be a little slow compared to pro ballers
Does anyone know anything like this in the game? maybe plate vision?
Old 03-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #5
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

I haven't touched RTTS in 2013 yet so I don't know for sure if that hit chart you posted is randomly assigned like I assume it is which means your naturally a slap hitter. You'll probably have to create another RTTS until you get a pull hitter if that's what you want to be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #6
MVP

TGov's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
I haven't touched RTTS in 2013 yet so I don't know for sure if that hit chart you posted is randomly assigned like I assume it is which means your naturally a slap hitter. You'll probably have to create another RTTS until you get a pull hitter if that's what you want to be?
Huh, didnt even think of that... Ive been playing the Postseason mode too but not that many games to really see how my timing is hitting... I wonder if its just my RTTS guy, interesting theory... Does anyone know if, in fact, this could be true? Do RTTS player randomly get assigned to be a pull/balanced/push hitter???

hmmm... interesting...
Old 03-09-2013, 04:09 AM   #7
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

I know that SDStudios said newly created players like for the June amateur draft get randomly assigned but with a realistic weight towards pull and balanced with some push hitters mixed in. A RTTS player can count as a created player, I think.

This is easy enough to test, just make a couple more RTTS hitters--you can do it quick and bypass trying to make it look like you (or Mr. T for the more imaginative) to save time.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:13 AM   #8
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

There was another thread about this, the tendency is sort of random so if you want recreate your RTTS player until you get a tendency you like. Just don't do any edits, save the RTTS, then enter a game and check the tendency. If you like it quit and load your save. If not remake your generic player, then save over the last save file. Repeat until you get what you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »