Home

The problem and solution how to fix Madden

This is a discussion on The problem and solution how to fix Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
The problem and solution how to fix Madden

As far as gameplay goes i think the way to fix madden is simple .

There are a few SIMPLE changes that will help take away a lot of gimmicky cheesy things such as *** d , money routes , rocket catches , nanos , etc ...

We all know offense is just too easy when in reality even Tom Brady cant be accurate on every single throw nor can calvin johnson make every catch .
Therefore , make passing more erratic and catches harder to make . Make the user have to USER catch at certain angles . Make skill take over the game .

This would take care of 2 big things .

The use of the running game because people would be forced to run more as they cant just rely on knowing they can get a first down every time they throw the football . Make that 3rd down be a big deal if you complete that pass because in the NFL its very hard and it should be in madden too . It would also stop everyone for going for it on 4th down because your not sure your qb will be deadly accurate like how he is in madden 13 .

It also prevents EA from having to have physic dbs , super jumping lbs , and people complaining about the lack of defense in general . You wouldnt need nano blitzes fag D and everyone could enjoy a realistic game of NFL football because right now this game is a bout as realistic as NBA jam .

If theres a better solution id love to hear it .

What are your thoughts guys or maybe you can add to this .

Last edited by CMH; 03-08-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: The problem and solution how to fix Madden

I agree about the passing game needing to be more realistically challenging and have stated the same thing in the past. I too would like to see there being more actual skill to "stick skill" and creating a process for bringing in the catch instead of the seeming win/loss, catch/drop currently in the game. Not enough bobbles, although they did add the ability to strip the pass away in M13.

Even though I don't know exactly how they could add in a better pass and catch system, I believe it has to start with the throw and the football being complete untethered, independent of the receiver and everything for that matter. The football needs to be programmed to be a separate entity, sprite or whatever it's called, on the virtual field, just like the players are, with it's own physics. As I typed that, I am thinking an independent football may really be the foundation to the type passing system being discussed in this thread.

I am just speculating but if the football were independent then all catch animations would just be catch attempt animations. Meaning those animations could play out separate from whatever the football is doing so they both would determine if it's a catch or not, more organically instead of what seems to be rather predetermined now. I get the impression in Madden that according to what seems best in the situation, the program triggers either a catch or a drop animation which results in the football seeming to be tractor beamed or drawn into a players hands. I could be completely off base with this but it seems that with the football independent, it would allow the players to actually interact with it, like they do each other.

I think this is what Taz was explaining to me about another game having a separate physics engine for the football.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 03-08-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MANARMY
As far as gameplay goes i think the way to fix madden is simple .

There are a few SIMPLE changes that will help take away a lot of gimmicky cheesy things such as fag d , money routes , rocket catches , nanos , etc ...

We all know offense is just too easy when in reality even Tom Brady cant be accurate on every single throw nor can calvin johnson make every catch .
Therefore , make passing more erratic and catches harder to make . Make the user have to USER catch at certain angles . Make skill take over the game .

I don't know about user catches, I think that is a bad move personally, but I agree I would like to see throws that the receiver can't get to(or just off his fingertips) and less catches right in the bread basket that they can't bring in. I would also like to see some throws where the wr and defender have to run and fight for position to reel in. Less of them standin in one spot for 6 seconds waiting for the pass to come down to that pinpoint spot they are standing. That is one thing that makes the game feel like its on the SNES system, not a PS3(or 360). I would also like to see balls placed that were knocked away by defenders realistically. Right now, most of the balls knocked down were balls that could be intercepted 90% of the time,lol. Its just very old programing, and absolutely no thought put into it IMO.

This would take care of 2 big things .

The use of the running game because people would be forced to run more as they cant just rely on knowing they can get a first down every time they throw the football . Make that 3rd down be a big deal if you complete that pass because in the NFL its very hard and it should be in madden too . It would also stop everyone for going for it on 4th down because your not sure your qb will be deadly accurate like how he is in madden 13 .

I think if the QB wasn't so on the money, this would effect this and open up a more stanble running game. Thats if fumbles made more sense. Sometimes I hate to run because covering up makes no difference. You just fumble because the computer decides it needs or wants one, not because it made sense to what happened on the field. Which opens up the issue of the huge unrealistic hits need to go away. Its so arcade. I can't stand when any old player comes up and delivers a shoulder that sends my powerful running back backwards on his back. While the defender shruge it off like aint no thang. Maybe I let this slide if its a in their prime Lawrence Taylor, but when every single player can do, it is even worse.

It also prevents EA from having to have physic dbs , super jumping lbs , and people complaining about the lack of defense in general . You wouldnt need nano blitzes fag D and everyone could enjoy a realistic game of NFL football because right now this game is a bout as realistic as NBA jam .

I can't even tell you how tired I am of the LB's and defenders jumping up and grabbing balls that should have came down 10 to 15 ft over their heads. If you look at it, this year(madden 13) they made the qbs throws come down way early to mask the super LB look of Madden 12, but it is certainly still there. How about some over throws with a defender playing deep? That would sure look better and still give the computer that cheap INT it needs. Once again, I feel like they went with the first idea they came up with, and didn't think what would be the most realistic.

If theres a better solution id love to hear it .

What are your thoughts guys or maybe you can add to this .
I honestly think its a lack of polish, and a lack of talent.

Just look at post plays in Madden 13. Players move their heads straight to sideways instantly like a photo from straight on and sideways. Heads don't naturally look around, they just go from straight to sidewyas. Why? Because they don't care about those little tings. The thing is they all add up to a very very unpolished game. Many things are over looked, but to a person that notices these things, its just terrible.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
Banned

I agree 100% !
However the thing is , it seems that no matter what , they know ALL of these things and rarely if ever , do they get addressed properly. Everything is a band aid over a gunshot wound .

I think it all comes down to money every time in the end

Casual fans = more money , less realistic game
Sim fan = less money , better more realistic game .
Its obvious they way they've gone the last 20 years .
I will say they have tried to balance both but its obviously apparent its more about fun and money and less about real football and strategy .
Old 03-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

I think a possible solution for the ai is to get rid of dynamic player performance. It has way too much of a impact on the cpu quarterback play. It's a great idea, but it just doesn't work very well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 03:34 AM   #6
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bJaxson
I think a possible solution for the ai is to get rid of dynamic player performance. It has way too much of a impact on the cpu quarterback play. It's a great idea, but it just doesn't work very well.
Really, I never even notice it?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »