Home

Upcoming WBC Roster

This is a discussion on Upcoming WBC Roster within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Upcoming WBC Roster

Hey Guys the WBC already started and I just got the game.

For those interested... I'm creating a 2013 WBC Roster.

Here's the details!

As you may be aware, you can only have 25 players in an exhibition match-up or Playoff mode and each WBC team has up to 28 players. I will still include those 3 Extra players and put them in the minors. Just in case someone wants to use them and as reserve.

I know most of you would Love to use the WBC teams in the New Playoff mode... and that's how I came up with a system to allow the best teams to square off in the playoffs without eliminating each other for being in the same pool.

I'll try to make myself clear!

In playoff mode you can only choose the teams based on who "won" the division, wild card...etc and there's ob, Obviously is a separation in leagues.

For example: My initial plan was to distribute the 4 brackets by league. 2 brackets in the AL, and the other 2 brackets in the NL.

AL EAST = Bracket D (USA, CAN, ITA, MEX)

AL WEST = Bracket C (DR, VEN, PUR, ESP)

NL EAST = Bracket B (TPE, NED, KOR, AUS)

NL WEST = Bracket A (CUB, JPN, CHN, BRA)

As you can see this would not work at all with Postseason mode, as you must choose a AL/NL Central champ.

What I'm going to do it's create my own Brackets based on Rating and Popularity, by putting the strongest team and the weakest of the the original bracket in one division... therefore maximizing the percentages that the real best teams still match up in the later rounds. (by default, some of the the divisions must have one team more than others)

New Brackets will be as followed:

Bracket A (AL EAST)

Yankees - USA

Blue Jays - Canada

Rays - Italy
__________________________________________________ _____________

Bracket B (AL CENTRAL)

Tigers - DR

White Sox - Spain

Royals - Mexico

Bracket C (AL West)

Astros - Venezuela

Rangers - PR

Bracket D (NL East)

Marlins - Cuba

Phillies - China

Braves - Brazil
__________________________________________________ ______________

Bracket E (NL Central)

Cardinals - Japan

Brewers - Australia

Cubs - China Taipei
__________________________________________________ ______________

Bracket F (NL West)

Dodgers - Korea

Giants - Netherlands

Ratings will be based on Scouting report and stats for the teams with players not in the Majors.

Also, the Ratings of the teams not participating(Red sox, Padres...etc)are going to be put down.. until after 16th best team in the classic... that way you'll know the strongest team ratings in the WBC

Stay tuned.

Last edited by berenjena; 03-07-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Grammar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Upcoming WBC Roster

I'll be watching this, there was some interest in a WBC roster from other users too. Hope you can complete them before the WBC Finals!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
Pro

With Lawrie out now... the Canadian team is looking putrid... their roster is looking pretty bad outside of Taillon, Mornoue, Votto and a couple of good relievers.

Edit: the lastest report is that He may comeback for the second round... I'm leaving him in their roster.

Last edited by berenjena; 03-07-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

FYI. There are a few Dominicans who will be playing in second round as well (Beltre)

Is Miguel Tejada in the royals roster ? He was 4- 4 in a DR exhibition game the other day
Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Berenjena i think DR fits better with texas due to the colors of the uniforms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
Pro

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't done D.R yet. so I'll switch them up with Puerto Rico. I don't want to pay too much attention to the uniforms though as it may complicate things.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeuni
FYI. There are a few Dominicans who will be playing in second round as well (Beltre)

Is Miguel Tejada in the royals roster ? He was 4- 4 in a DR exhibition game the other day
Really? I'll put him on the roster from the start then, and let people decide what they want to do with him.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

Hey man, I'm actually creating my own WBC roster, but it's a little different. I'll probably create around 12-16 countries and then start an online league. It's not quite the wbc because I'm basically just putting who I feel the best players available for each country. For example, the Nats are USA with Verlander, Kershaw, Tulo, Braun, Trout, Kemp, Hamilton etc. Texas is the DR with Cano, Pujols, Bautista, Venezuela is Houston with King felix, Miggy, Cargo, Cincy is Canada with Votto etc, Philly is Cuba, which I'm using a lot of current Cuban MLB players because their already in the game and then creating some of their top players like Gourriel, Despaigne, Laza.. Mexico is StL with Agone, Gallardo etc, Taiwan is the Cubs, Korea is the Royals, Italy the dodgers, Australia is Oakland, Puerto Rico is Toronto, Netherlands= San Fran. For teams like Korea and Australia with not many current MLB players I will just create their roster and rate them accordingly. I might even do Colombia as San Diego, event though they didn't qualify for the real wbc they have some good prospects like the Solano brothers and Theheran... I could just assign the weaker teams to the cpu if nobody claims them

So if any of you guys are interested in this online league let me know.. I'm going with USA, but all other countries are available. I should be done around opening day so all the prospects should be available by then. If anyone wants to help let me know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »