Home

Best trade you've made for an average or young player

This is a discussion on Best trade you've made for an average or young player within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
Best trade you've made for an average or young player

Im the Buffalo Sabres in my Be a GM season and I've actually made 3 average trades that are really paying off for me.

The first move that I've made was I moved Ville Leino to the Red Wings for Drew Miller and a 3rd round pick.

I then used that 3rd round pick and packaged it with Kevin Porter and went out and got Beau Bennett from the Penguins. Half way through the year he has 11 goals and is a great 3rd line player while i can also use him on the 2nd line.

The 3rd move Ive made seems a little crazy and the only reason I went for it was because the Flyers sent this guy down to the minors for some weird reason. I traded Nathan Gerbe, Mike Weber and a 3rd round pick and got Sean Coutorier. Hes been a huge addition for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

OVR: 10
Couturier is a life long minor leaguer and Gerbe is a stud bc of his speed. Crazy that you would trade one for the other, much less package the 2. I've watched Couturier play for the last 3 years live and, trust me, he's no Gerbe. But, to each his own.

Gerbe is the Sab's leading scorer I'm my '14 chise
Old 03-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
Pro

Dougie_G_93's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best trade you've made for an average or young player

"Couturier is a life long minor leaguer "

Fairly obvious after that statement you don't have a clue........
Old 03-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie_G_93
"Couturier is a life long minor leaguer "

Fairly obvious after that statement you don't have a clue........
He's been playing since '07 and hit the NHL for the first time last year. Where did I go wrong?
Old 03-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Pro

dubbs88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkeeper
He's been playing since '07 and hit the NHL for the first time last year. Where did I go wrong?
Coutourier was drafted 8th overall by the Flyers in 2011. He was born in 1992, and wasn't even playing junior hockey in '07. Played last year as a 18-19 yo rookie (he has a late December birthday). And productively put up 27 points in 77 games, while playing responsibly in his own zone (+18). Young centers usually aren't that strong in their own end. Not saying he is going to end up a superstar, especially with progression in NHL 13, but he should be an outstanding NHL player for years to come. Wish my Oilers found a way to draft him.

As far as speed goes in this game, once you play the higher difficulty levels, it isn't as much a factor. I personally stuggle with smaller players, because I like to hit, give me a guy with size and average speed any day over the speedy tiny guy who can't hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
Pro

sabres32's Arena

if my Sabres had a chance to get Courtier in reality, I'd be all for it. Dont get me wrong, Gerbe is loved here and he plays like hes 6'4 not 5'4.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
Pro

sabres32's Arena

I wonder if I could trade Kaleta straight up for Cooke, aka scum bag for scum bag...except I would way rather have Cooke on my team.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
Just started!

Stamkos57's Arena

Traded Heatley, Setoguchi and a 1st for Eberle...In season 3 my roster is stacked (these were all fair deals except for Picking Vokoun up for Hackett, that was a steal since i traded him and got a fair bit), but Eberle is on my top line with Koivu and Parise and is currently an 85 with plenty of potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »