Home

To those worried about current bugs...

This is a discussion on To those worried about current bugs... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
To those worried about current bugs...

For those currently expressing concern about the current bugs such as pitch stutter, too few strikeouts during sim, and others, I would like to remind you

1. Every year I read these forums and see posts such as the game is broken or the bugs make it unplayable and every year SECA shows up and fixes them and the show ends up being the best game out

2. We are dealing with a rare group of developers who actually take community input and work specifically on the things the community wants fixed.

3. Most importantly.... It takes big big balls to attach your name to something, especially in an online forum where the rest of us can hide behind usernames. That is what this development group has done. They could hide in the shadows like most other developers but they put their name and face on their work and they should be commended for that. These guys are proud of their work and they should be.

Not trying to be aggressive or put anyone down. I also understand that expressing concern is resonable this post is focused on those who immediately complain. I Just think we should give this crew the benefit of the doubt on some of these minor issues and give them some time to work it out as we all know they will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: To those worried about current bugs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1176
For those currently expressing concern about the current bugs such as pitch stutter, too few strikeouts during sim, and others, I would like to remind you

1. Every year I read these forums and see posts such as the game is broken or the bugs make it unplayable and every year SECA shows up and fixes them and the show ends up being the best game out

2. We are dealing with a rare group of developers who actually take community input and work specifically on the things the community wants fixed.

3. Most importantly.... It takes big big balls to attach your name to something, especially in an online forum where the rest of us can hide behind usernames. That is what this development group has done. They could hide in the shadows like most other developers but they put their name and face on their work and they should be commended for that. These guys are proud of their work and they should be.

Not trying to be aggressive or put anyone down. I also understand that expressing concern is resonable this post is focused on those who immediately complain. I Just think we should give this crew the benefit of the doubt on some of these minor issues and give them some time to work it out as we all know they will.
last years vita version didnt recieve any patch support, hope that this will be different this year.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd be worried if it was EA, but it's not. The Show guys usually get their stuff straightened out.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 03-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I for one am not worried...these devs from what I have seen are the best in the business imo!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #5
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
I'm worried because there are so many of them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm not worried either about a patch coming out, I'm just curious as to when it'll come out. I hate the thought of starting a franchise and having the patch coming out soon after. Also, remember, the game has only been out for 2 1/2 weeks
Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

It still begs the question how it happens to begin with on such a large scale. Do they not even play the finished product for more than five minutes before sending it off? It's not like hardly anyone is seeing the stutter or anything...
Old 03-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68pj
It still begs the question how it happens to begin with on such a large scale. Do they not even play the finished product for more than five minutes before sending it off? It's not like hardly anyone is seeing the stutter or anything...
Because there comes a point in development where you see to set priorities on what needs to be done and what can ship. I'm not saying that the stuttering is an issue, because it obviously is, but you don't know what issues they ran into in later stages of testing that *did* get fixed. Developers do not operate on unlimited resources or manpower, and I hardly doubt that having the game be delayed - especially since it is a sports game - was a possibility.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »