Home

MLB 13 The Show Worries

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Worries within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15
MLB 13 The Show Worries

I have been reading some forums and a lot of people are saying that they are disappointed and that the ratings and progression are messing up. I Won't get to play the game until around March 9th and I am a little worried. I have always loved the show and I hope these are minor problems that people are exaggerating. Are there really these problems? Or is it a good game but people are making a mountains out of a mole hills?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 13 The Show Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser
I have been reading some forums and a lot of people are saying that they are disappointed and that the ratings and progression are messing up. I Won't get to play the game until around March 9th and I am a little worried. I have always loved the show and I hope these are minor problems that people are exaggerating. Are there really these problems? Or is it a good game but people are making a mountains out of a mole hills?
Guys have said they want to see movement in ratings.
Surprises and not the usual hum-drum auto pilot franchise.
You're going to have to watch your players now...closely.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
MVP

kmoser's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Guys have said they want to see movement in ratings.
Surprises and not the usual hum-drum auto pilot franchise.
You're going to have to watch your players now...closely.

M.K.
Knight165
Ok. I like that older players decrease faster because, well, isn't that what they do in real life? Yes. So I like that they incorporated that into this years game. They are saying it is like a 20 point decrease from ST to opening day and it makes me wonder if its messed up.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Ok. I like that older players decrease faster because, well, isn't that what they do in real life? Yes. So I like that they incorporated that into this years game. They are saying it is like a 20 point decrease from ST to opening day and it makes me wonder if its messed up.
It's not like that for all players, but some drop incredibly quickly. i only play RTTS so it's not that bad for my experience, but I would like to see players able to take a shot at some hitting records, but with the rating drops it looks like unless you're up at 19 and hitting 40 HR's every year or 225 hits, all the records are safe.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
No...it's by design.
It could be 20....could only be 5....or none.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
MVP

kmoser's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No...it's by design.
It could be 20....could only be 5....or none.

M.K.
Knight165
Someone said D jeter and A-rod decreased 20 points from ST to Opening day. They are old but they are still very good. Well jeter is, a-rod I can understand.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

Play the game for yourself. Sometimes the forums are your enemy I told myself this year I'm staying away from the bug threads and worrying about my own time with the show. Then when a patch drops I'll be seeing stuff fixed that I might not have noticed.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
You think jeter's still good but at his age you just never know when he might go in a slump and not come out of it. Could be this year, could be next, you just don't know... But it will happen at some point. Mlb players tend to not have a gradual falloff, instead they tend to hit a brick wall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »