Home

The BCS in this game is horrendous (read this)....

This is a discussion on The BCS in this game is horrendous (read this).... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2
The BCS in this game is horrendous (read this)....

In our OD, we are in year 7. We all took over 2* non-BCS teams and put them in the SEC. This particular year, I go 11-0 (ECU) and lose on the last week of the regular season to another user(Houston) who was 10-1 before beating me (lost 31-28), so he won the East division by virtue of head to head (finished 11-1). I was #1 at the time and he was #2. Here's where it gets ********. There was another user vs user game, North Texas(#10) vs Ball State(#6) in the West division. The NT guy was 8-3 and the Ball State guy was 10-1. The NT guy won, but Ball State won the West division still since he had the better conference record. I beat the NT guy earlier in the year 55-30. The aforementioned Houston guy beat the NT guy 45-7 earlier in the year (remember I lost to him 31-28). So what does this ******** game do? I drop to #5 with an 11-1 record and the NT guy jumps all the way to NUMBER 4 AHEAD of ME! So, in conference championship week, Houston beat Ball St in the SECCG, and number 2 and 3 in the BCS lose, guess who gets to play in the NC game at 9-3? That's right, North Texas. He gets another shot at the NC at 9-3 (lost to Houston guy 45-7), I'm 11-1 and BEAT HIM 55-30 a few weeks earlier and I get to go to the Capital One Bowl, while he gets a rematch for the NC against the Houston guy. I know this is just a game, but this is beyond stupid and another reason this game is flawed. Sorry, just had to rant. Anyone else experienced something this egregious?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The BCS in this game is horrendous (read this)....

The BCS in the game is worse than the BCS in real life. One time I came back from 17 points down in the Big 10 championship game to win and it put me in the Capital One Bowl.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

^liar if you won the big ten you would be in the rose bowl no matter what.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormisbruin
The BCS in the game is worse than the BCS in real life. One time I came back from 17 points down in the Big 10 championship game to win and it put me in the Capital One Bowl.
You can change bowl tie ins for BCS games...
Old 03-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND fan 84
^liar if you won the big ten you would be in the rose bowl no matter what.
You realize that you can change BCS AQs right?

Wow, you need to think your decisions through, like Manti Teo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

In my OD, Iowa (me) finished 12-1 w/ a loss to Maryland (user), who went 12-1 and lost to NC State (user), who went 13-0 and finished #1. Iowa and Maryland both beat Northwestern (user), who went 10-2 and didn't make the B1G title game. The final BCS standings were:

#1- NC State 13-0
#2- Northwestern 10-2 (L's to #3 & #4)
#3- Iowa 12-1 (L to #4)
#4- Maryland 12-1 (W's vs #2 & #3)

If that's not enough bullsh!t, I was #2 in the AP poll so I was hoping for a split NC if #1 lost, which he did. I won my bowl game 84-21, and moved down to #5 in both polls & the guy that had Maryland moved to #6 despite winning his bowl game too!! WTF?!?!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Dang. It's messed up for sure. I mean head to head should be the most obvious thing in deciding who should play for the NC. Especially when you are 11-1 compared to 9-3.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
Rookie

El Capahoe's Arena

OVR: 5

Happened to me two years in a row now...I'm playing as Tennessee and I was #3 in the nation and lost to #2 USC in week 8 and I dropped back to #9. I went on to win my week 9 game against unranked Georgia and actually dropped BACK to #10 with three 2 loss teams ahead of me and I beat two of them earlier in the season. We are now in week 11 I'm 10-1 and #5 in the nation but Virginia Tech is #4 with 2 losses and one of those coming from me beating them 38-3 earlier in the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »