Home

RttS Impressions and Questions

This is a discussion on RttS Impressions and Questions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RttS Impressions and Questions

For those that were lucky enough to get MLB 13 The Show before the rest of us (lucky son of a guns), could you please post only your IMPRESSIONS of the Road to the Show mode if you have the game, and feel free to answer any questions relating to that non MLB owner.

This is just to give all those that have seen the RTTS blog a chance to receive more information and opinions on all of the new additions to this year's game mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: RttS Impressions and Questions

My impression? Wait for the game to come out.... You won't be dissapointed... All i can say... It has so many positives that it overshadows the negatives if a few... Of course thered always room for improvement... Looking forward to MLB 14: The Show on PS4 that should rock!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

I just played RTTS for a couple hours last night so just to get feel for things, so I will give a few impressions. Completely different look and feel just like you are there, very nice hitting camera angles ect. Hitting well if you think you going to hit alot of opposite field hits you are mistaken because it makes you feel like real pull hitter mostly right field and center I suppose if you can wait on the ball maybe some left field hits, that is the first thing that jumped out at me. My very first hit as a Springfield Cardinal AA was a 3 run HR over the right field fence. Graphics are really nice and the presentation is really cool, it looks completely different than 12 in a good way. The graphics to me seem more sharp and detailed if that is possible and looking forward to checking out more of the cool stuff they have here. For those that enjoy the RTTS it is a real treat , IMO have they have outdone themselves on the RTTS. The sounds of the game are there make for a nice touch and less commentary makes for a real exciting feel.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

Brace yourself for a different experience to 12. The lack of commentary is huge, i'm not sure if it's good or bad yet. The new material is great but I hit monster homers and the silence that greets them really hurts, even a dry line about a homer is better than nothing. The big moments need something to top them off and with the commentary being used when you're not on the field the game feels a bit flat.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

thaSLAB did a fairly thorough writeup of his RTTS impression which should be useful to learn what's new:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2044753948
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
thaSLAB did a fairly thorough writeup of his RTTS impression which should be useful to learn what's new:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2044753948
Yeah, for me it feels like a whole different RTTS experience, just the look and presentation right off you can tell they really worked hard to upgrade this alot and give it a more ingame personal feel. Watching the game first person from the dugout was cool just like you would be waiting for your turn to hit. There more real sounds of the game players , coaches and fans and alot less commentary only when needed.
When I was playing the RTTS last night ( Sprinfield Cardinals ) , my first at bat ,my first hit in AA was a 3 run HR to right field, as I am rounding the bases a comment pops up about my first hit was a HR in AA and the announcers commented on it as well, very cool touch.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by BSUFAN; 03-01-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
Yeah, for me it feels like a whole different RTTS experience, just the look and presentation right off you can tell they really worked hard to upgrade this alot and give it a more ingame personal feel. Watching the game first person from the dugout was cool just like you would be waiting for your turn to hit. There more real sounds of the game players , coaches and fans and alot less commentary only when needed.
When I was playing the RTTS last night ( Sprinfield Cardinals ) , my first at bat ,my first hit in AA was a 3 run HR to right field, as I am rounding the bases a comment pops up about my first hit was a HR in AA and the announcers commented on it as well, very cool touch.
This is what I love to hear. Personally I enjoy the reacton from the crowd and the recognition from the commentators. It makes it for a much more enjoyable experience.

I haven't been big into fielding much, because I prefer the enjoyment of increasing my power to hit nothing but homeruns.. haha lame I know.
This year the new fielding cameras, trails and manual fielding will get me involved for sure.

I guess what I am more curious about that anything are all of these presentations that everyone keeps talking about. I see the post game interview and things of that nature, do the actual created player speak into the mic with dialogue or is it just like a cut scene to add production value? Anything else they might not have shown in the RTTS blog that you could care to elaborate on?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxin12
This is what I love to hear. Personally I enjoy the reacton from the crowd and the recognition from the commentators. It makes it for a much more enjoyable experience.

I haven't been big into fielding much, because I prefer the enjoyment of increasing my power to hit nothing but homeruns.. haha lame I know.
This year the new fielding cameras, trails and manual fielding will get me involved for sure.

I guess what I am more curious about that anything are all of these presentations that everyone keeps talking about. I see the post game interview and things of that nature, do the actual created player speak into the mic with dialogue or is it just like a cut scene to add production value? Anything else they might not have shown in the RTTS blog that you could care to elaborate on?
I didnt see any interview thing at the RTTS level but I saw some at the MLB level .At the end of each RTTS game they have player of the game with a topps card and his stats, The beginning of each game is a cool presentation and a different announcer ( not the main three ) announces a 4 game series with a team then the next game it like game 2 of the 4 game set , players run onto the field , warm up ect all in all a real neat experience so far. More stuff to come that I haven't seen yet.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »