Home

Operation Sports Full Minors 2013 (Available around Opening Day)

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Full Minors 2013 (Available around Opening Day) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Operation Sports Full Minors 2013 (Available around Opening Day)

Guys...
Here are the links for the charts to use for editing of the O.S.F.M. 2013 edition.
As of now...we'll be using the charts from 2012....but get everything in order as far as setup as these may be changing once we get the game and do some simming to check on progression.

A position player chart
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CNnCq9kH#gid=0

A pitcher chart
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CNfuz-kN#gid=0

B position player chart
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CNbi8ckI#gid=0

B pitcher chart
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CM64vLcG#gid=0

C position player chart
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CLLameUN#gid=0

C pitcher chart
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CLPhydEN#gid=0

Rate D potential players as you think they will play with no progression.

GUYS.....THERE IS A ROSTER IN THE VAULT...NAMED POTENTIAL ROSTER BY YANKSDANIEL99
IT CONTAINS THE A/B +/- players on the Orioles and the Red Sox
Download and export those players to import for use for your various A/B level prospects(the high A is for the top..top prospects....etc)
Thanks!

Any questions...feel free to ask and thank you to all those who are helping out in any way shape or form!

FOR FACES ONLY:
seanjeezy
MJHSpanda57
Willard76
MoestaE
thelegion902
Throwback
bodhiball

FOR RATINGS
RidinDwnKingsley
seanjeezy
LINK TO THE O.S.F.M 2013 WORK CHART
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...4ZnhyLUE#gid=0

PERCENTAGE COMPLETE
94.7%(estimated cumulative completion rate...not completed teams)

EDITABLE PLAYER WITH SERVICE TIME
SS Fisher Asuncion on the GIANTS is editable with service time of 1.033 only bad thing is he is C potential.

3B Parker Moore on WHITE SOX is editable with service time of 3.015 only bad thing is he is C potential.

CF Eric Manuta on WHITE SOX is editable with service time of 4.019 only bad thing is he is C potential.

RP Rafael Perez on TWINS is editable with service time of 5.157 only bad thing is he is D potential.

IN FREE AGENTS:

RP Justin Hampson is editable with service time of 2.027 only bad thing is he is D potential.

M.K.
Knight165

Last edited by Knight165; 03-31-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Operation Sports Full Minors 2013

Hey Knight, I've talked to Bat about the progression system (since he has the game) and I believe the years away section is going to need an overhaul... You might want to check with him on the specifics, but A players rapidly progress in just a few years. The example he gave me was Jesus Montero going from an 85 to a 91 in a year and a half and in three years he was a 99.

Also, now that the official thread is open I can go over some general guidelines for pitch edits if there isn't enough info provided:

1. The velocity displayed in the edit player screen is the average velocity, so if you give a guy a 95 mph fastball he will actually range from 93-98. There's usually 4-5 points before you actually see MPH change, think of those as increasing average velo by ~.2 MPH. 99.9% of scouting reports give fastball velocity so there shouldn't be any issues finding info, but just in case, the average MLB fastball was ~91 MPH, the MiLB average is probably a little less.

2. Fastball/Changeup differential was always something that plagued the SCEA rosters in the past and OSFM was no different. There seems to be a common belief that a changeup isn't good unless its ~10 MPH slower than the fastball and that's simply not true. The average MLB differential was ~7 MPH and its probably a little less in the MiLB.

3. Slider movement should be based on velocity - 50+ movement should be reserved for slow sweeping sliders (10+ MPH differential from fastball).

4. Don't be afraid to assign the variants - RFB, CIR, SCV. Running fastballs and circle changes should be two of the most common pitch types, most pitchers get some kind of horizontal movement on their 4-seams and changeups.

5. Be generous with movement - your average moving fastball/curveball/changeup/splitter should be in the 55-65 range, movement should scale with velocity.

Once again these are generic guidelines if not enough info is provided. Most free reports only give fastball velocity and if you're lucky, the velocity for the pitcher's best offspeed pitch.

Here's my pitch edits spreadsheet, tabs are self-explanatory, I'm currently through the Cardinals for the MiLB section: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GclUxOVE#gid=2

I've also been updating my spreadsheet with minor league pitch f/x data, I should have that ready to go by release and I'll post a link when its ready.

I'm also posting the working list of A's and B+'s, Knight said the number of A's should be in the 45-55 range:

I'll now be posting updates as I continue to edit faces for the top 100. Next to the player's name will be the name of the person editing and the status of said edit

Spoiler

Spoiler

So that's 50 A's and 64 B+'s, the B+'s are more flexible but the number of A's should preferably be kept to a minimum. I didn't bother with the B's or B-'s since those are more of your solid and average major leaguers and the list would be too long.

when you guys are done editing prospects that fall within the lists I posted, please upload them to the vault (preferably in bulk) so Panda and I can do the face edits. Also pm me your psn... Thanks!

Last edited by seanjeezy; 03-28-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Here are a few tips to editing.

-Set up your entire team ahead of time....meaning figure out how many A/B/C/D of each player you will need.(position player and pitcher....just go with that to start...don't worry about individual positions)
-Go to the ROSTER CONTROL screen and export at least one of each POTENTIAL(pitcher and position player) and then import over the current fake players until you get the proper mix.

SAVE YOUR ROSTER at this point and it will be your base.

If myself,Ridin and seanjeezy have already figured out who the A/B +/- players are...we will provide you with their names on the default roster and you will use those to be the guys to import so that we get the right progression for particular players.
(for example....if we were creating Mike Trout...we would want to make sure we use an A potential player that has the largest projected growth path...)
Don't worry too much about this...it will be easy once you have the name.

Now it's just editing.

If you use a list...it's much easier to keep track of who you have done and who needs to be added.

Don't worry too much about the "fill in"(C's/D's) until we get closer to finish....the teams don't really take shape until ST(real life) is winding down.

Once you have a bunch of players...you can send me the link to the file(or you will upload it to the Vault using a nondescript name(NO OSFM in the title) and just PM me your PSN name and the roster name...and we can grab the players in bunches.(10 or 15 at a time)
You can just complete it and send it as well....your choice.

Take your time...it is a slow process.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Hey Knight, I've talked to Bat about the progression system (since he has the game) and I believe the years away section is going to need an overhaul... You might want to check with him on the specifics, but A players rapidly progress in just a few years. The example he gave me was Jesus Montero going from an 85 to a 91 in a year and a half and in three years he was a 99.

Don't bother looking at OVR....I need to see specific individual ratings jumps....

We may need to remove a year or two from the top.....

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

OVR: 4

Knight,
Do we know if a pitcher's control and movement will increase as they gain experience, or should we rate them at their projected peak levels?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe
Knight,
Do we know if a pitcher's control and movement will increase as they gain experience, or should we rate them at their projected peak levels?
Projected peak levels.
I didn't look to see if the control + jumped this year.

I didn't even get a chance to look at the individual pitch progression(there has never been any yet) to be honest....but I don't think it's changed.

Good points seanjeezy.

Guys...if you have any questions on pitches(pitchers) seanjeezy is the one to ask for sure(I hope you don't mind I just lobbed that at you sj....but you've got the best handle on it)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

If anyone would like a blank spreadsheet to enter ratings onto I have one I can share on Google Docs.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 03-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
If anyone would like a blank spreadsheet to enter ratings onto I have one I can share on Google Docs.
I'm interested in this spreadsheet.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »