Home

Very first MLB: The Show game. Any tips/tricks you wished you would have known?

This is a discussion on Very first MLB: The Show game. Any tips/tricks you wished you would have known? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
Very first MLB: The Show game. Any tips/tricks you wished you would have known?

Is there any rosters (I've heard rumblings about one) to download? Should I wait to start my franchise?
I know in NCAA 13, you wait the first couple days for some one to put out the named rosters.

In general, any wisdom you guys have that a newcomer could use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
Rookie

D0GGERT D0G's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Very first MLB: The Show game. Any tips/tricks you wished you would have known?

Yes there are rosters, OS does one every year with full minor leagues and such

And also, be glad that you finally saw the light and left 2K
Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
Banned

royals852's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Very first MLB: The Show game. Any tips/tricks you wished you would have known?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillzKillz719
Is there any rosters (I've heard rumblings about one) to download? Should I wait to start my franchise?
I know in NCAA 13, you wait the first couple days for some one to put out the named rosters.

In general, any wisdom you guys have that a newcomer could use?
OSFM rosters wont be out till a week before opening day at least. Possibly sooner and no later than opening day. Those rosters are amazing. Every minor league player in real life. If you dont care much about real players being called up after a year or two in. Then you could go ahead and start now. But you would have to restart to have the real players.

And dont swing at everything. To many times a find myself in the 5th inning with the opposing pitcher at 30 pitches total and 25 strikes. Its easy to swing away. For me atleast. But once you realize you are doing it. Its easy to stop.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0GGERT D0G
Yes there are rosters, OS does one every year with full minor leagues and such

And also, be glad that you finally saw the light and left 2K
Yes! I figured Christmas time would be the perfect time for a PS3.
All the games I've gotten so far are collections and games that only the PS3 has. (Uncharted, God of War, Heavy Rain, etc.) And of course I knew I could finally get MLB: The Show!

Being ignorant, 2k isn't that bad. Without looking at MLB 12:The Show, 2k12 was alright. But all the new things I see with 13 and the things that I have been missing, 2k almost looks like a joke and I'm beyond stoked to get this game and finally have a fun baseball game to play!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals852
OSFM rosters wont be out till a week before opening day at least. Possibly sooner and no later than opening day. Those rosters are amazing. Every minor league player in real life. If you dont care much about real players being called up after a year or two in. Then you could go ahead and start now. But you would have to restart to have the real players.

And dont swing at everything. To many times a find myself in the 5th inning with the opposing pitcher at 30 pitches total and 25 strikes. Its easy to swing away. For me atleast. But once you realize you are doing it. Its easy to stop.
Would playing RTTS for the first month its out be a good option?

Awesome. Plate discipline pays off. Got it!
I assume it works the same for pitching as well? Don't throw 25 strikes on 30 pitches or you'll get rocked more often than not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

Oh, and is online even worth a shot?

I know I'm dealing mostly with guys that play offline, but online even worth trying? Or should I spend my time tweaking, or not tweaking even, but just getting used to the game in general vs. the CPU?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
Rookie

D0GGERT D0G's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Oh, and is online even worth a shot?

I know I'm dealing mostly with guys that play offline, but online even worth trying? Or should I spend my time tweaking, or not tweaking even, but just getting used to the game in general vs. the CPU?
Online is ok, kind of laggy though compared to other games
Old 02-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Would playing RTTS for the first month its out be a good option?

Awesome. Plate discipline pays off. Got it!
I assume it works the same for pitching as well? Don't throw 25 strikes on 30 pitches or you'll get rocked more often than not?
RTTS is the perfect way to play for the first month. You really don't need the other minor leaguers to be real. It's supposed to be focused on you.

I wouldn't say you would get rocked by throwing 25/30 strikes. In fact, depending on the difficulty you choose, you might not even be able to constantly throw strikes. The way to get rocked is by throwing the same pitch or using the same pattern over and over again, allowing the batters to catch on.

You should still try to throw strikes most of the time. Now, if you set a guy up with two straight strikes, it's always a good idea to throw something out of the zone and get him to swing at it. Just like you would in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »