Home

Rebuilding a team - Where do you start?

This is a discussion on Rebuilding a team - Where do you start? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Rebuilding a team - Where do you start?

When you start your franchise/CCM, what is the most important position to you/your style of play? Personally, I look at needs in this order of priority:

QB, OL, WR, RB, DT, DE, LB, CB, S, TE, FB, P, K

Interested to see what positions are more important to you guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Finren84's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Rebuilding a team - Where do you start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick
When you start your franchise/CCM, what is the most important position to you/your style of play? Personally, I look at needs in this order of priority:

QB, OL, WR, RB, DT, DE, LB, CB, S, TE, FB, P, K

Interested to see what positions are more important to you guys.
It all depends what team you are building obviously. I play in a league with the steelers and have Big Ben. Didn't need a qb, but we are in year three and he is getting up there in age so I will need to get a qb, next year to develop him. I play a balanced offense but I want speed in my receivers, I did trade mike Wallace but I got a good picks for him to add depth. I also have big maulers on the front so I can run straight at the defense. Mendenhall has become a beast for me so I drafted some young guards. I switched my defense to a 4-3 this year and spent majority of my draft picks on defense. I went LE, then a speedy ROLB I also added a speedy SS in the draft also. A speedy running back for change of pace, and also a solid WR with good CIT. Perfect for the slot, not too fast but has good hands. I would say for me though defense is a big priority. Offensive players I can usually snag through free agency. Drafts have some awesome studs on defense I always like to pick up. Next draft goes, RE then MLB, then look at a QB.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

RT / RG / OL

Since the pass rush comes form the CPU D LE / LOLB / LDT, you need solid players on your right side...

OL in general, (IMHO) is the key to a successful Madden rebuild...

If you have time to find open receivers, then moderate talent at those positions (esp. if they can run block) are fine...

If you can pass, you can run and if you can run you can use playaction, control the clock, keep your D fresh and win...

OFTEN...

If my OL is in the 85 to 90 range, then 75s at the skill positions can work...

OL and D (LE / LDT / MLB / SS / 3 CBs / ROLB / FS in aprox that order) are MY keys...
Old 02-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

You MUST have a QB, and at least one good receiver. I also find myself needing a good receiving tight end. After that, I look at what the team needs most.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Agree with all of these points. Don't worry about high end WRs. They're the easiest position to fill IMO. A good TE does help. I also like a good blocking FB to pave the way for my HB but I know I'm in the minority.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

My order of priority: RB,QB,WR,OL,CB,DE,LB,DT,TE,S,K,FB,P

I'm more of a rushing type of guy. I usually try to do around,
69% rushing and 31% passing.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

i try & build around a ball-hawking, man cover D, that can bring pressure w/o the blitz.

OL & DL, secondary, LB, HB, QB, TE, WR
Old 02-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Defense first, and start with CBs, can never have enough good ones. O-Line, and D-Line are key as well. Offense I usually go with last, not sure why, but I hate having a crappy D, so I go with D first, but try to balance my drafts overall. I don't usually dip into free agency, but on occasion I do. I always try to target a number of positions in the draft I want to upgrade.

Long story short, build from the trenches on both sides, but get top flight CBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »