Home

SuperStars playing the whole 20mins

This is a discussion on SuperStars playing the whole 20mins within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
SuperStars playing the whole 20mins

2k should lower players stamina, to make it fair to player that plays with lower tier teams like the Cavs, Kings and Bobcats. My last game James and Wade played the whole game sprinting up and down the court without having the gatorade icon showing. I couldve won if my opponent used his bench..lol Yes i use my bench, my starters avg 15mis a game to get them all in double digit scoring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: SuperStars playing the whole 20mins

There's a reason they are superstars and people choose to use those teams. It's because they are better players and are able to do things that players on inferior teams can not, in this case play for longer without getting tired. What you are asking is essentially the same as me saying that they should lower the shooting attributes of players to make it fairer on teams with no good shooters.

That is simply not how the NBA works.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM3R4LYF3
There's a reason they are superstars and people choose to use those teams. It's because they are better players and are able to do things that players on inferior teams can not, in this case play for longer without getting tired. What you are asking is essentially the same as me saying that they should lower the shooting attributes of players to make it fairer on teams with no good shooters.
How old are you? First of all, who are the top 3 players in mpg this year? Just like we all expected, it's the superstar trio of Rudy Gay, Luol Deng and Nicolas Batum.
Your post makes absolutely no sense. The reason superstars don't get tired is because the stamina rating is not scaled down to match shorter quarters. This applies to any other player, too. But if you can run in circles holding turbo for full games, people like to do this with an overpowered star superman instead of Nick Collison. In theory, you could do this with anybody.

Quote:
That is simply not how the NBA works
Seriously? You compare the gameplay of 2k13 to the real NBA? Fine, let's see...What's "real" about players sliding on defense, unstoppable canned dunk animations, signature skills that boost your team's attributes after a dunk, lack of defensive contact, overpowered spin dunks, self-alleys and iso moves?

If you really want to play the realism card, let's just say that even Kobe and Durant don't dunk more than 2 times on average over the course of a 48 min game. So basically dunks happening more frequent than that "is simply not how the NBA works". Would you like that? Running straight into you defender until a big man helps out resulting in a lead pass to Griffin and Howard, holding turbo everytime you bring the ball up court, chaining iso moves without losing momentum...2k13 is NOT about real basketball.
And the reason you can exploit superstars online is that a lot of kids playing the game know exactly 2 things about basketball: 3pt-shots and dunks. That's it.

Last edited by mango_prom; 02-25-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
How old are you? First of all, who are the top 3 players in mpg this year? Just like we all expected, it's the superstar trio of Rudy Gay, Luol Deng and Nicolas Batum.
Your post makes absolutely no sense. The reason superstars don't get tired is because the stamina rating is not scaled down to match shorter quarters. This applies to any other player, too. But if you can run in circles holding turbo for full games, people like to do this with an overpowered star superman instead of Nick Collison. In theory, you could do this with anybody.

Seriously? You compare the gameplay of 2k13 to the real NBA? Fine, let's see...What's "real" about players sliding on defense, unstoppable canned dunk animations, signature skills that boost your team's attributes after a dunk, lack of defensive contact, overpowered spin dunks, self-alleys and iso moves?

If you really want to play the realism card, let's just say that even Kobe and Durant don't dunk more than 2 times on average over the course of a 48 min game. So basically dunks happening more frequent than that "is simply not how the NBA works". Would you like that? Running straight into you defender until a big man helps out resulting in a lead pass to Griffin and Howard, holding turbo everytime you bring the ball up court, chaining iso moves without losing momentum...2k13 is NOT about real basketball.
And the reason you can exploit superstars online is that a lot of kids playing the game know exactly 2 things about basketball: 3pt-shots and dunks. That's it.
The three players you mentioned, while not outright superstars are still very good players and when you look at other names in the top 10 of mpg you see players such as Kevin Durant (No. 2), James Harden (No. 5), Lebron (No. 7), Kobe (No. 8) and Melo (No. 10). The top portion of that list is composed of superstars, all stars or very good players. If what the original post is asking for is stamina to be scaled back for shorter matches then that is fine by me and makes sense and I apologise, but the way I read the post it made it seem like he suggested that they simply lower the stamina rating of players so it's fairer for lesser teams who don't have great players with high stamina in real life.

Also, I understand that NBA 2k13 is not an accurate depiction of the real NBA, but that does not mean that lesser teams should be able to compete consistently with greater teams simply to make it easier to use those teams as I understood the post to mean.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Real or not the bobcats should get crushed by the heat and play their stars almost 20 minutes. If you want to compete, use a good team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #6
Banned

Online is ******, pick up and play; insert quarter to begin.

Offline, you can adjust the Fatigue Rate, of course.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM3R4LYF3
The three players you mentioned, while not outright superstars are still very good players and when you look at other names in the top 10 of mpg you see players such as Kevin Durant (No. 2), James Harden (No. 5), Lebron (No. 7), Kobe (No. 8) and Melo (No. 10). The top portion of that list is composed of superstars, all stars or very good players. If what the original post is asking for is stamina to be scaled back for shorter matches then that is fine by me and makes sense and I apologise, but the way I read the post it made it seem like he suggested that they simply lower the stamina rating of players so it's fairer for lesser teams who don't have great players with high stamina in real life.

Also, I understand that NBA 2k13 is not an accurate depiction of the real NBA, but that does not mean that lesser teams should be able to compete consistently with greater teams simply to make it easier to use those teams as I understood the post to mean.
I agree with everything you've said. The problem for me is not even that star players might tire a bit slower than role players (even though I think most NBA players are conditioned well enough to play >35 mpg on a regular basis), but that you can do all the arcade stuff without any penalty to your player's fatigue.
Even Lebron doesn't sprint everytime he brings the ball up court. It would tire out any player rather quick. The same with dribbling. Does a guy like Kobe spam 10 iso moves on every possession? Doesn't make sense, you can't hit a jumpshot at a consistent rate after tiring yourself with 20 crossovers and spins in a row. So I agree with your point that superstars might have a slight edge in terms of stamina, but that's not what 2k has in mind developing 2k13, it's simply to please arcade fans who want to play high-definition NBA Jam.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
MVP

The problem is your playing online. If im the Heat online, im not taking Lebron out either

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »