Home

Soooo...... I didn't think would do it! But...

This is a discussion on Soooo...... I didn't think would do it! But... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
Rookie

deedabest's Arena

OVR: 0
Soooo...... I didn't think would do it! But...

So today I found myself looking through games to trade in and decided to give Madden an extra try before i get the dreaded 9$ return on my investment. Im a franchise/CCM kind of guy. My initial experience with Madden was fair.... That sounds right! Given it didn't have patches and was really RAW if you ask me. But, now i can find myself trying to be immersed in the game.

But, something was definitely missing. I didnt feel that same thing i felt last Gen. So i decided to make a list of what i missed about last Gen that was never implemented in this one. And since the announcement of PS4 maybe they will bring it back.

1. Offseason Mode

Yes, offseason mode. I think a good footbal game is part rpg. In last Gen's offseason mode it had, stadium upgrades, relocating, renaming, coach hiring and firing, hire trainers and generate revenue for yor team this was awesome!

2. College Allstar Game/senior bowl

If they had an Allstar game and still had the weekly updates from college of different star or storied athletes CRAY!

3. Small juke with the R1/L1, LB/RB

You used to be able to do a small subtle juke or a double juke with these buttons. You should just bring that back as well.

4. Training Camp

Man in know it probably takes up a lot of disc space but, this feature was because you implemented it with scouting so you could preview what you were potentially getting in the draft. Seeing the ratings are one thing but actually using the player gives you that edge.

5. Weekly team gameplan and plays other opponent likes to run

This will allow you to make the game alot more harder and immerse you further into the game.

I don't know these are just my thoughts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Finren84's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Soooo...... I didn't think would do it! But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedabest
So today I found myself looking through games to trade in and decided to give Madden an extra try before i get the dreaded 9$ return on my investment. Im a franchise/CCM kind of guy. My initial experience with Madden was fair.... That sounds right! Given it didn't have patches and was really RAW if you ask me. But, now i can find myself trying to be immersed in the game.

But, something was definitely missing. I didnt feel that same thing i felt last Gen. So i decided to make a list of what i missed about last Gen that was never implemented in this one. And since the announcement of PS4 maybe they will bring it back.

1. Offseason Mode

Yes, offseason mode. I think a good footbal game is part rpg. In last Gen's offseason mode it had, stadium upgrades, relocating, renaming, coach hiring and firing, hire trainers and generate revenue for yor team this was awesome!

2. College Allstar Game/senior bowl

If they had an Allstar game and still had the weekly updates from college of different star or storied athletes CRAY!

3. Small juke with the R1/L1, LB/RB

You used to be able to do a small subtle juke or a double juke with these buttons. You should just bring that back as well.

4. Training Camp

Man in know it probably takes up a lot of disc space but, this feature was because you implemented it with scouting so you could preview what you were potentially getting in the draft. Seeing the ratings are one thing but actually using the player gives you that edge.

5. Weekly team gameplan and plays other opponent likes to run

This will allow you to make the game alot more harder and immerse you further into the game.

I don't know these are just my thoughts
The training camp is one I would like to see. Even after the draft, instead of going straight to preseason, let him go through some drills to help the player get better. Like if you have a rookie qb, have him go through some qb drills to help his accuracy and awareness. I think it would be a fun part of the game
Old 02-23-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
Rookie

RobertBrazil's Arena

OVR: 3

for #3. In my opinion when you are NOT sprinting it should be the 'hop step', but when you ARE sprinting it should be a 'cut' ( I'm assuming this is what your referring too from last gen madden ). Currently all we have is the 'hop step' in madden 13 as our 'juke'.

Last edited by RobertBrazil; 02-23-2013 at 01:28 AM. Reason: added 13.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertBrazil
for #3. In my opinion when you are NOT sprinting it should be the 'hop step', but when you ARE sprinting it should be a 'cut' ( I'm assuming this is what your referring too from last gen madden ). Currently all we have is the 'hop step' in madden 13 as our 'juke'.
or just make it pressure sensitive like the jukes on Madden 2004 for PC

press down the W or R key (for left or right, respectively) to juke. Press it hard for a hop step and lightly tap it for a quick burst juke.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Yes compleetly agree. Cc could be so much more fun. Bring all the stats back like why cant i see previous superbow winners and mvps and stuff like that.
And were is the scouting combine!
CC need to be more inmens. Pre season now is just resign, scout, draft, done offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
Rookie

deedabest's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Yes compleetly agree. Cc could be so much more fun. Bring all the stats back like why cant i see previous superbow winners and mvps and stuff like that.
And were is the scouting combine!
CC need to be more inmens. Pre season now is just resign, scout, draft, done offseason.

Yea, i miss that also. MVP and breaking records were more celebrated last Gen. If they found a way to get the intro right with more stats sort of like NCAA last Gen that would make the presentation sound. And i kind of mixed the combine with training camp. Cause it was the same drills just thats how they were scouted. Only flaw was depending on the difficulty you could tell how good the player was.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #7
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

You can get $30 at GameStop right now. Just saying

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »