Home

Boston Celtics - Dawn of a New Era (NBA 2K13 Association)

This is a discussion on Boston Celtics - Dawn of a New Era (NBA 2K13 Association) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Boston Celtics - Dawn of a New Era (NBA 2K13 Association)

Hello everyone, I'm here with a 30-team controlled NBA 2K13 Association from the perspective of the Boston Celtics. Having been a Celtics fan my entire life, I am going to try and change this team to fit both the long term (rebuilding) and short term (playoff run) goals of GM Danny Ainge. Props to Bedwardsroy19 for his AMAZING roster that I have used and will use for this association! I will be playing around 10-20 games a season, and I will be controlling injuries, coaching and league rotations for maximum realism. As for draft classes, I will be using fictional draft classes from SwaggerCoach's project (see in 2K Rosters). Scouting reports for said classes can be found there as well. Throughout the season, I will be counting on readers to provide insight on trades, storylines, signing free agents, etc., and I hope you guys have as much fun reading this as I have writing it!

NFL - New England Patriots

MLB - Boston Red Sox

NHL - Boston Bruins

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks

Last edited by rondodimes; 02-21-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Boston Celtics - Dawn of a New Era (NBA 2K13 Association)

I'll be following.

Looking forward to it!

psn - CeeGee
Old 02-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
Rookie

When GM Danny Ainge created the Big 3 by signing Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, Celtics fans around the world cheered and knew they were in for a terrific season. And they got EXACTLY what they asked for, as the new-look Celtics defeated the Lakers in 6 games to win the NBA Finals.

Since then, however, things haven't looked AS great...

With the departure of Ray Allen and future Hall-of-Famer Brian Scalabrine, as well as an aging Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, the Celtics are in need of a overhaul soon. Ainge has made it clear that the team is going for yet another title run this year, and with a plethora of young, athletic players to support the core of this team, it seems possible.

Still, despite the recent Celtics woes, the team is driven by a fiery spirit in Doc Rivers, a large, loyal fanbase, and a past that has seen legends such as Bill Russell and Larry Bird. With this drive to win, it seems as if the Celtics will simply NEVER die away!

The league has noted the astounding play and athleticism of Boston's young players, such as Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, and rookie Jared Sullinger, who was drafted despite his risky value. Ainge also hopes to slowly develop the raw talent of Fab Melo, who was a force on the defensive end at Syracuse.

However, stud point guard Rajon Rondo has been cited for his lack of leadership, arrogance, and even selfishness. Teams across the league desire Rondo, and we could be seeing some major moves by the deadline...

So here we are, an unassumingly deep Celtics roster with some trade chips scattered here and there, as well as the presence of aging veterans Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. Can the Celtics go for another title this year? Will major moves be made soon? Am I asking too many questions? Let the association begin!

MLB - Boston Red Sox

NHL - Boston Bruins

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
I'll be following.

Looking forward to it!
Thank you, greatly appreciate it! As you know, I follow yours pretty seriously too, and I'm gonna try and make this association as realistic, interesting, and fun as possible!

MLB - Boston Red Sox

NHL - Boston Bruins

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
Old 02-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
Rookie

With the season about to begin, the Celtics roster looks fairly deep. The backcourt especially contains a great deal of defensive talent. However, Doc Rivers will most likely limit Garnett's minutes to preserve his health for the playoffs. Be on the lookout for potential frontcourt lineup changes as young players like Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo slowly emerge.

Boston Celtics Depth Chart - 12-13
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGRajon RondoAvery BradleyLeandro Barbosa
SGJason TerryCourtney Lee
SFPaul PierceJeff Green
PFBrandon BassJared SullingerChris Wilcox
CKevin GarnettJason CollinsFab Melo

MLB - Boston Red Sox

NHL - Boston Bruins

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
and future Hall-of-Famer Brian Scalabrine
^ CLASSIC!!! hahah

psn - CeeGee
Old 02-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
Rookie

The first month of the season is over! The Celtics are off to a sub par start, mainly because Rondo's been out for a few weeks with a strained quad. However, the team has pulled off several tremendous victories ( including a 115-80 win over the Nets) due to the solid play of Pierce (21 ppg, 5 reb, 5 ast) and Garnett (15 ppg, 10 reb, 1 stl, 1 blk). However, Ainge has repeatedly stated that the C's can't keep relying on these aging stars. Guys like Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, and Courtney Lee have got to take up the scoring burden at times. Here are the standings up until December 1st:

NBA Standings - Updated: Dec 1, 2012
EAST PLAYOFF RACEWLGB
Bulls104--
Raptors116
Heat95
Knicks96
Bucks96
76ers97
Nets87
Celtics98
Wizards77
Bobcats78
Hawks59
Magic49
Pacers511
Pistons413
Cavaliers115
WEST PLAYOFF RACEWLGB
Thunder134
Nuggets125
Lakers105
Warriors105
Trail Blazers106
Jazz106
Hornets77
Suns89
Spurs89
Rockets78
Kings78
Mavericks79
Clippers69
Grizzlies59
Timberwolves411

The Raptors have pulled off a surprisingly terrific start, due to the all-around fantastic play of Rudy Gay, Andrea Bargnani, and DeMar Derozan. Meanwhile, in the West, the Spurs, having lost Ginobili for a couple weeks to an injury, as well as the Clippers, who lost Griffin to injury, are off to a rocky start. These early games often determine a team's record, and if playoff-caliber teams like the Spurs, Celtics, and Clippers don't step up, we could be in for an interesting postseason...

MLB - Boston Red Sox

NHL - Boston Bruins

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Nice!
Will you incorporate the trading of Barbosa for Jordan Crawford?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »