Home

What Is Your Plan For MLB 13?

This is a discussion on What Is Your Plan For MLB 13? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15
What Is Your Plan For MLB 13?

I made this thread just to see peoples different opinions on what they are planning to do in MLB 13. If you are gonna play franchise then tell what team you are going to use and what your plan with the team is going to be... e.g. I am going to make a franchise with the Astros and I will be rebuilding...
Also, if you are going to be playing RTTS then explain what position and type of player you are going to create.
If you want to tell about your plans with other game modes, say Diamond Dynasty or the new Playoff Mode, then go right ahead because I would love to hear what other people are going to do.
I am excited to see peoples opinions and what they have planned for MLB 13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #2
Banned

mizzou258's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Is Your Plan For MLB 13?

Gonna be playing franchise with the royals. See if i can get the current team to win now. Possibly trade from a 2b cause Chris Getz and Johnny
Giavotella suck. Ill also be doing a separate franchise playing as the royals and play a game every day they play one. Hopefully all 162.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 AM   #3
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

My first chise I always do with my Redsox before the OSFM come out and I do a RTTS (probably a SP) before they come out too. Then after I pick a bad team to do a chise with (in the past its been pittsburgh, oakland, ext), this year I'm thinking the Astros with their move to the AL and a young team would be fun to try and build up, then I also after they OSFM I'll make a hitter RTTS.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
Pro

basketballer0385's Arena

OVR: 5

A shortstop put in the draft for rtts five tool player and I might try and do an outfielder to try out the new catching animations and stuff

http://www.twitch.tv/baller0385
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
Banned

kylefoley94's Arena

OVR: 5

I will most likely wait until the OSFM roster comes out and then start a franchise with my beloved Red Sox and work to bring them back to glory. I also plan on offering Ellsbury a contract extension rather than trade him right away
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

I'll be doing one with the Rangers...Probably will trade Elvis at the trade deadline since Profar is in waiting..Will be trading him for a SP probably but I'll be happy with a rotation of Yu, Harrison, Colby, Holland & Ogando/Feliz..
Want to follow my Franchises? Join my discord: https://discord.gg/nHbNCWmmGs
Old 02-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Start a RTTS as a closer and try to make him the most dominate closer ever...then once the OSFM rosters drop start my franchise with my tigers and finally get them that World Series and hopefully play all 162 games!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

I see that most of you guys want to play all 162 games in franchise. The closest I've ever gotten to accomplishing that goal was in MLB 10. I was the Astros and I played every game up until the all star break. I played a few after that, but then something so terrible I can barely put into words happened: I accidentally deleted it.
Ever since then I have tried to play all 162 games but I never can do it. But I have a plan this year. I will play all of the first month or maybe a little more, but then I will use the play 1 sim 5 method. That way I will be with a different pitcher each time I play that one game. I think this will help me get through the season and hopefully many seasons. I'm excited to start but March 5th needs to get here faster.
This was kind of off the subject of the thread so I will tell what my plan is with this game:
I will create an Astros franchise and start rebuilding from the get go. The new scouting and training system should help me do that. I liked that they got Carlos Pena and they did the Jed Lowrie trade and got Chris Carter so I will have some power hitters to go along with Jose Altuve. Pitching will be a problem so I saw they signed Erik Bedard to a minor league contract, although I don't believe he will be in the minors, but in the starting rotation in the majors. I may make some trades around the trade deadline but I will have to see what happens. I'm also wanting to know who is going to be in free agency at the start of my franchise so I could sign someone to fill a hole.
I may make a middle Infielder in RTTS or a starting pitcher or both. That is what I usually do, but with the new catch control thing I may be an outfielder to just check it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »