Home

Boston Celtics Dynasty - Rebuilding the Green!

This is a discussion on Boston Celtics Dynasty - Rebuilding the Green! within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29
Boston Celtics Dynasty - Rebuilding the Green!

The Story!

Ok guys I am finally starting my Boston Celtics Dynasty and I should tell you a few things first. I play 14 game seasons. This is because I like to play every game and play a few seasons without getting bored. I play every team in the East once and then its playoffs. It is harder/easier in its own ways but I love that feature about NBA 2k13. Playoffs are 1 game and done like in the NFL because I also like the fact that you cant take a game off. Just my little twist on my franchise. I play 8 minute quarters and on All Star difficulty with default sliders. I used the top rated Draft class on 2k share (Cant remember name since it was a while ago) and will be playing on the Xbox 360.

Now, I will be simulating up to the All Star game/Trade Deadline (today's current date - Feb 18, 2013 so I will start there). The Celtics at the break only had a dreadful 2 wins and was last in the East, so GM Danny Ainge was fired and the Celtics hired a Canadian born boy Tyler Spencer to take over the reins. He has the difficult challenge of rebuilding a Celtics team who are very old and have a lot of great players who the fans dont want to see leave.
The 1st order of business for the new GM was announcing that everyone except Rajon Rondo is on the trade block and he wants to rebuild the entire roster, stockpiling draft picks and young talent (while not cheesing as much as I can, but remember Im not perfect and I will try my best). Remember folks this is mainly for fun and hopefully a decent read for some guys here. I know I love a good association read so hope Ill be one followed by some of you. Don't forget, comments/advice (good or bad) is welcome from anyone!. I will try and keep it simple with not many tables and fancy charts because I am busy just like most of you but I will do my best!

NEXT UPDATE: Trades made in year 1 at the deadline, NBA Draft, and Free Agency!

Last edited by BlueJays09; 02-18-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Re: Boston Celtics Dynasty - Rebuilding the Green!

Trade Deadline - Season 1:
Well, the Celtics are off to their complete rebuild so I will name the deadline trades and the reasoning behind each for each team.

1) Celtics trade Paul Pierce, Avery Bradley, Brandon Bass to the Utah Jazz for Al Jefferson, Gordon Hayward, Marvin Williams, Utah '13 1st Round Pick
-
Wow, new GM Tyler Spencer comes in with the 1st deal of the trade deadline and its a massive one sending captain Pierce and team favorite Bradley to the Jazz. The Celtics will view Jefferson's game until the end of the season and he will become a UFA. The Celtics will determine if they want to bring him back or not, and Marvin Williams was an expiring contract used to make the deal work. The Celtics did this because they really like Gordon Hayward and the pick and see those being great for the rebuild. The Jazz traded Foye earlier in the season and Bradley becomes a great part of their success as the Jazz make it to the NBA Championship! Piece did not want to leave Boston but said if so wanted it to be to a contender. Utah was currently in 7th in the West
and felt this made them an immediate contender. Bass will serve as depth at the PF/C spot.

2) Celtics trade Kevin Garnett, '13 2nd round pick to the LA Clippers for Eric Bledsoe and Deandre Jordan.
- Well another biggy for Boston, who after dealing Pierce were able to get KG to waive the no trade clause to go to LA only. The Celtics get a very nice young PG/SG in Bledsoe who will likely start at the 2 for Boston next year and can also play the PG. Jordan becomes a great defensive Center that the Celtics feel can be a great piece. The Clippers get an All Star big who can help their 1st place team go after a title and a nice upgrade on offense over Jordan.

3) The Celtics trade Jason Terry, 2014 2nd Pick to the Bulls for RIP Hamilton, 2013 1st round pick.
-
Terry brings The Bulls a very nice SG who can shoot and help their team a lot in a playoff run, and their pick will likely be around 20 so not that big of a deal to them. The Celtics get RIP who will be let go at seasons end, and the pick which they were after.

Last edited by BlueJays09; 02-18-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

NBA Draft, Free Agency - Offseason 2013
Well here we are, finished 2nd last in the NBA with a 3-11 record and a nice draft pick. The Philadelphia 76ers surprisingly won the NBA Title over the Utah Jazz (I know shocking lol).
After the draft lottery Boston had Pick 2, Pick 15 (fr. Bulls) and pick 25 (fr. Jazz). They also made a draft day trade:

Celtics trade Jeff Green to the Toronto Rapotors for the 6th overall pick in the draft.
- The Celtics get a very nice pick and had a tough decision who to start at SF for them this season between Green and Hayward. The Celtics felt that Hayward was their man so Green wanted out, and The Raptors wanted him to play PF after dealing Andrea Bargnani.

Here is a summary of the Boston Celtics Draft Picks:
Pick 2 - Nerlens Noel
- Noel will be a great addition to Boston after Mohammed went number 1 to the Hornets. The team isn't sure if they will start him or bring him off the bench, but they think he will be a stud for sure.

Pick 6 (fr. Raptors) - Alex Poythress
- After dealing Green, the Celtics felt that this young man was the perfect replacement playing SF/PF and will be a great spark off the bench and a crowd favorite for sure.

Pick 15 (fr. Bulls) was traded to the Cleveland Cavilers for SG/SF Alonzo Gee and a '14 2nd rounder
- The Celtics wanted to add another bench option and didn't see anything they liked so felt the young Gee was the right fit for them. Ben Maclmore was selected (only rated 63 overall 1.5 star potential and cant shoot - VERY WEIRD since I expected him top 3). I was going to draft the guy but once I seen all his shooting was like D rated I said yea no thanks, must have been the draft package I downloaded from 2K share.

Pick 25 (fr. Jazz) -
Elijah Johnson
- Slim picking there almost a 2nd rounder, so took Johnson who we feel we will try and develop into a backup PG for our team.

Free Agency:
The Celtics were not big players in Free Agency and decided they were happy after the draft. They let Al Jefferson go listen to other offers and decided to just fill their depth.

- Signed Chris Copeland to a 2 yr/3M Contract. We feel Copeland can provide some depth at the end of the bench and be solid in case of injury.

- Signed Kyle O'Quinn to a 2 yr/1.5M Contract. Kyle is a young player who will provide C depth to this team.

- Signed AJ Price to a 1 yr/490K contract. Will provide bench depth and a 14th player.

NEXT UPDATE: 2014 Season!

Last edited by BlueJays09; 02-18-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #4
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Celtics Open Season with a Loss to the Bulls

Rajon Rondo and Derrick Rose fighting for a lose ball in the Bulls 91-78 win over Boston

This could be a long season for Celtics fans as the team lost the season opener and their home opener to the Chicago Bulls by a score of 91-78. Derrick Rose was amazing scoring 39 points and sealed it in the 4th Quarter as the Bulls outscored Boston 31-15 in said quarter. The game was great going into the 4th as the Bulls only led by 3 but the Bulls and Rose were way to much for the rebuilding Celtics, and dominated them in every way in the 4th. Here is the box score:

Boston Celtics:
Gordon Hayward - 21pts 6reb
Rajon Rondo - 15pts 7ast 1stl (7TO)
Eric Bledsoe - 10pts 4ast 1stl
Alex Poythress - 9pts 3reb 1blk
Jared Sullinger - 6pts 3reb 2stl 1blk
Nerlens Noel - 5pts 3reb
Deandre Jordan - 5pts 11reb 4blk
Courtney Lee - 4pts 3reb 1stl
Elijah Johnson - 0pts 1reb
ChrisCopeland - DNP DC
Kyle O'Quinn - DNP CD
Alonzo Gee - INJURED (DTD)

Chicago Bulls:
Derrick Rose - 39pts 6reb 5ast 4stl
Luol Deng - 13pts 5reb
Joakim Noah - 11pts 6reb
Jason Terry - 8pts 2stl
Carlos Boozer - 6pts 6reb
Marquis Teague - 4pts 2ast
Kirk Hinrich - 2pts
Ish Smith - 2pts 3reb 3ast
Chris Kaman - 2pts 2reb
Jimmy Butler - 2pts 4reb 2stl 1blk
Taj Gibson - 2pts 11reb
Kenny Boynton - 0pts

Game Notes:
The Celtics had good production from Hayward who scored 21 points and was the best player for Boston. Poythress impressed in his debut and put up some highlight reel dunks in the loss. Noel and Sullinger were terrible, getting dominated by Gibson and Boozer. Jordan pulled down 11 rebounds and was a block monster sending 4 shots back. The Celtics will have to cut down on their Turnovers (Rondo - 7) and 4th Quarter play if they want to win any games this season.

NEXT UPDATE:Boston Celtics vs. Detroit Pistons
Old 02-18-2013, 01:36 AM   #5
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Celtics Win 1st Game in Close Match vs. Detroit!

I know its only the Detroit Pistons but wow what a game this was. The Boston Celtics took the game 86-84 in a very close matchup that saw Gordon Hayward hit the game winning shot at the buzzer with 2 seconds left. Hayward was the player of the game finishing with 25 points in the victory. Boston played without Gee, Sullinger and Lee who all have minor injuries. Noel drew the start and played well in his 1st start and may put pressure on GM Tyler Spencer to make a move.

Boston trailed most of this game until the 4th when they turned it on, much the opposite of last game. They trailed 47-38 at the Half and it wasn`t looking good. The Celtics went on a roll in the 4th and was up 2 with 20 seconds left. Newly acquired PG Chris Paul via Free Agency had the ball in his hands and with 4 seconds left on the clock hit a floater after driving the lane. With 4 seconds left Boston inbounded at half and to Gordon Hayward. He took a couple steps in and with a little juke got some space and knocked it down from the top of the key as the buzzer sounded, Celtics Win! Here is the box score:

Boston Celtics:
Gordon Hayward - 25pts 2reb 1stl
Eric Bledsoe - 22pts 4ast 1stl
Rajon Rondo - 13pts 13ast 2stl
Nerlens Noel - 10pts 4reb 3blk
Alex Poythress - 8pts 6reb 2ast
Chris Copeland - 4pts
Deandre Jordan - 2pt 11reb 2stl 1blk
Kyle O`Quinn - 0pts 3reb 1blk
Fab Melo - DNP CD
Elijah Johnson - DNP CD
AJ Price - DNP CD
Alonzo Gee - INJURED (DTD) - back next game
Jared Sullinger - INJURED (DTD) - out 2 games
Courtney Lee - INJURED (DTD) - out 2 games

Detroit Pistons:
Chris Paul - 18pts 6ast 3reb 1stl
Andre Drummond - 17pts 3reb 1blk
Rodney Stuckey - 16pts 5reb 4ast
Brandon Knight - 9pts 3ast
Jonas Jerebko - 8pts 6reb
Greg Monroe - 7pts 9reb 4ast 2stl 1blk
Slava Kravtsov - 2pts 2reb
Kyle Singler - 2pts 2reb
Jason Maxille - 2pts 6reb
Jose Calderon - 2pts
Khris Middleton - 0pts
Kim English - 1pts 1reb

Game Notes:Despite 3 guys out of the lineup, Noel stepped up and played very well for Boston playing great defense on Monroe and also scored 10 points on efficient shooting. Rumor has it GM Tyler Spencer is looking for a deal for Jared Sullinger who may be pushed out by Noel and is having back problems already. Alonzo Gee will be back for Boston next game and they are looking forward to see what he brings to the table.

NEXT UPDATE:
Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2013, 01:49 AM   #6
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Bledsoe, Celtics power past Bucks!

The Boston Celtics improve to 2-1 after a 88-78 victory against the Bucks, which gives them 2 straight wins after the brutal season opener. Bledsoe was the player of the game scoring 22 points and has seemed to work on his jump shot over the offseason. The game was tied 44-44 going into the half and 63-63 going into the 3rd, but once again Boston`s strong 4th Quarter was the reason for the victory. Sullinger, and Lee missed the game but are expected back next game. Here is the box score:

Boston Celtics:
Eric Bledsoe - 22pts 6reb 3ast 1stl
Gordon Hayward - 20pts 4reb 3ast 1stl
Nerlens Noel - 10pts 6reb 2blk
Alonzo Gee - 9pts
Rajon Rondo - 8pts 15ast 3reb 3stl
Alex Poythress - 7pts 1reb 1stl
Deandre Jordan - 7pts 10reb 1stl
Chris Copeland - 3pts
Kyle O`Quinn - 2pts 4reb
Fab Melo - DNP DC
Elijah Johnson - DNP CD
AJ Price - DNP CD

Milwaukee Bucks:
Monta Ellis - 27pts 5reb 4ast 2stl
Ersan Ilyasova - 11pts 5reb
Ekpe Udoh - 10pts 5reb
Beno Udrih - 8pts 4ast
Larry Sanders - 6pts 8reb
Doron Lamb - 4pts
Tobias Harris - 4pts
Luc Mbah a Moute - 4pts 6reb 2stl
John Henson - 2pts 2reb
Ray McCallum - 0pts 2ast
Randy Morris - 0pts 2reb 1blk

Game Notes:
The Celtics got great games from Hayward and Bledsoe both scoring over 20 points for the second straight game. Nerlens Noel started again for Boston and put up decent numbers but it was his defense on Sanders which was impressive. In 2 games hes limited Sanders and Monroe, 2 nice young bigs to under 10 points and off the offensive glass. There is a rumor that a big deal is about to go down and GM Tyler Spencer thinks it could be done before next game with Sullinger coming back from injury.

Injury Update: Eric Bledsoe and Nerlens Noel will both miss the game vs. Charlotte which would be devastating to the Celtics. Looks like Sullinger will be back in the starting lineup and Gee should start at SG

NEXT UPDATE: Boston Celtics vs. Charlotte Bobcats

Last edited by BlueJays09; 02-18-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:16 AM   #7
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Celtics get Josh Smith in 3-Team Blockbuster!

Wow, just 3 games into the season, and the Celtics make a massive splash in a 3 team deal with the Hawks and Rockets. They felt having Rondo and Bledsoe at the 1-2 spots was bad because they had to many cold spells so they went out and traded Rondo to Atlanta. Here is the deal:

Celtics Give: Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger, Courtney Lee, AJ Price, 15 1st (BOS)
Celtics Get: Josh Smith, Jeff Teague, James Anderson, John Jenkins, `14 1st (ft. HOU)

Hawks Give: Smith, Teague, Jenkins
Hawks Get: Rondo, Patrick Patterson, AJ Price

Rockets Give: Patterson, Anderson, `14 1st (HOU)
Rocket Get: Sullinger, Lee, `15 1st (fr. BOS)

The Spin:
Boston had to give up a lot but they felt it was time to trade Rondo. They got back an All Star in JSmooth and they got a better shooting and scoring PG in Teague. They also recieved Houstons 1st rounder this year for their 1st next season and 2 depth wing players in James Anderson and John Jenkins. With Noel playing great ball, they wanted him to get more minutes so Sullinger was expendable.

Atlanta gets one of the top PG in the NBA in Rondo along with Patrick Patterson who will be the 6th man for the team with the signing of Dwight Howard and Horford moving to PF. Rondo, D12 and Horford is scary and they will be a top contender in the East.

Houston gets 2 solid pieces in Sullinger, and Lee for Patterson. They feel Sullinger can be a great replacement for Pat and they needed wing depth which Lee will provide with his 3-point shooting and defense. The swap of the picks made the Rockets deal sweeter as they may have a 15-20 pick this year and they like the chances Bostons will be lower the following season.

Notes for game vs. Bobcats:
After last game, it was announced that Noel and Bledsoe will miss the game vs. Charlotte. Both are out for the game with a strained back and hamstring respectfully.
The starting lineup will be Teague, Hayward, Poythress, Smith, Jordan, and it looks like James Anderson may be in for a lot of run off the bench along with Gee. The team though about starting Gee over the rookie but really like Poythress's size and defensive skill. Gee will still get his share of minutes. Kyle O'Quinn will pick up most of Noels minutes off the bench, and Poythress will play some PF as well.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #8
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Whew, all caught up. Nice trades, good updates ... I wonder if Rondo will take his game to another level now that he's been traded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »