Home

Vita people, give me your opinion please?

This is a discussion on Vita people, give me your opinion please? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Rookie

raiderzride4free's Arena

OVR: 1
Vita people, give me your opinion please?

hey all, ive been a show junkie for about 6 years now. by far ,my favorite game every year. but this year, im considering taking my addiction to the next level. i am considering buying a vita for the sole purpose of being able to continue my franchise while away from home. (i travel often around the country for gigs) basically what i wanna know is, is the show worth buying for the vita? i havent played a baseball game on a handheld system since i believe like 09 on the psp, but i wasnt a huge fan because i couldnt play my real franchise and the controls didnt feel the same. just looking for people who play on the vita who could tell me if its realllly worth getting for both systems and purchasing a vita?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Honest...the vita is worth every penny for the show. If ur a huge baseball fan and show fan like me the you just can't enough if the show...the shoe looks marvelous on the vita. I love it..if the shows was the only game on the vita I would still buy the vita just to play it..so yes its forth it.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Vita people, give me your opinion please?

Gameplay wise, it's almost identical. Many presentations are cut, but if you are looking to play the game, then Vita version is almost as good as PS3 (though of course in detail, PS3 version wins).
Old 02-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
I just sold my vita along with MLB 12. I think the Vita actually hurt my game last year. I really struggled switching between the PS3/Vita. The short analog sticks are very hard to use precisely and are not designed for the quick twitch reflexes demanded by this game. Just my opinion, others might fare better.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

I picked up my Vita at launch primarily for The Show on the go and it did not disappoint. With all the talk about how the Vita is not selling well and is a failure, as long as there is a version of The Show every year, I'll be happy and consider it a wise investment. If they manage to get MLB.tv on the system this year, it'll be my complete baseball hub while the wife watches TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Gameplay wise, it's almost identical. Many presentations are cut, but if you are looking to play the game, then Vita version is almost as good as PS3 (though of course in detail, PS3 version wins).
More presentation has been added this year, so that's great.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 02-16-2013, 02:34 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

So worth it...played a ton of Show 12 on it and yet there is even more you can play other than the Show! I have put so many hours into my Vita I have paid for it 10 times over...

Only adjustment I had to make with the Show on Vita last year was I slowed the pitch speed a tick or two...the game reacted a little "slower" than the PS3 version last year...I've heard this year's version has improved in this area so it may play the same straight up!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #8
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_77
I just sold my vita along with MLB 12. I think the Vita actually hurt my game last year. I really struggled switching between the PS3/Vita. The short analog sticks are very hard to use precisely and are not designed for the quick twitch reflexes demanded by this game. Just my opinion, others might fare better.
It may be difficult switching btwn PS 3 and Vita, I dont own the PS 3 version so I cant comment on that but I'm using both Analog pitching and hitting and I have to say that its definitely possible even with the tiny sticks the Vita has. Analog pitching might seem difficult to impossible at the beginning but I bought the game 4 weeks ago (first time ever with the show) and by now I'm dominating on all star using the Analog controls and I'm thinking abt moving up to HOF pitching already.

I'm also one of those people who bought the Vita only to play The Show. I dont own a PS 3 but I always wanted to play that game and since I have a Xbox at home already and no handheld I bought the PS Vita.

The Show 12 is already a lot of fun on the Vita and the 2013 version seems to have some very nice improvements, like less framerate stuttering, home run trots + strike out cut scenes, smaller ball and graphics looking better overall (including the crowd!). So almost all reasonable points of criticism were eliminating or at least improved. And as I read its still the same game engine as The Show 13 on the PS 3 which is the best feature in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »