Home

MyTeam NBA2K14 Wishlist

This is a discussion on MyTeam NBA2K14 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
MyTeam NBA2K14 Wishlist

I was on YT and seen a 2k myteam wishlist vid By Two Brother Gaming.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUe_-gZ2PFg

So, I guess it about that time of year the devs are work on their next project. Why not make a thread then.

IMO MyTeam is the best 2k game mode to date, but like every thing it has some flaws and can be frustrating at times. MyTeam has great potential. With a few changes for 2k14 MyTeam can reach its potential.

Here some ways I think MyTeam can improve for NBA2K14

First and for most you should be able to play custom MyTeam matches vs friends or who ever you want to play. There should be no vc gain or loss form these matches. We should be able to choose difficulty and game style for these matches. Robby brings up a point in his vid, wager matches for VC or player. I have a few ppl on my friend list on xbox that also play MyTeam. We go back and forth compering teams and talking smack on who has the better team and who would win in a MyTeam game. To bad were just suck with R2P games fo now. Let's be frank most of the ppl you get matched up with in R2P games are BAD at the game. The way R2P games are set up now, doesn't lends it self for competitive games and that to bad.

The Market, where to start..................our friend over at 2k havn't been very punctual with keeping the market updated. I don't think that would change, so that's why they should abandon the current system. Locking injured player and locking player wile their in a game.

That's just a couple of things for now

Feel free to share your idea and way you believe 2k can improve MyTeam

Hopefully 2k don't drop the ball in 2k14 and MyTeam is improved
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Banned

CUTigers2324's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MyTeam NBA2K14 Wishlist

I personally think MyTeam is pretty close to perfect, but there are a few notable things that should be improved. First, you should be able to play your friends - that seems elementary. Next, and perhaps most importantly, the market system NEEDS to more accurately reflect players' overalls. LeBron James should not be the same price as Jrue Holiday. Horford shouldn't be the same price as Dwight - there should be an echelon of players, those rated 90 and above, that are above gold and cost a minimum of 40,000 VC. This would prompt more variety in the mode. Third, I think it's imperative that the ability to trade be set up...I have a TON of gold legends that I'm sure many people would want. I'd trade most of them for Horace Grant. It's be great if I could trade for him.

The incentives should probably change too...right now unlocking MJ feels sort of like an endgame. Maybe add tournaments for VC and legend prizes, or give a reward for going 12-0 in first seed? I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with the mode in 2k14 - it has the potential to be pretty awesome.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers2324
I personally think MyTeam is pretty close to perfect, but there are a few notable things that should be improved. First, you should be able to play your friends - that seems elementary. Next, and perhaps most importantly, the market system NEEDS to more accurately reflect players' overalls. LeBron James should not be the same price as Jrue Holiday. Horford shouldn't be the same price as Dwight - there should be an echelon of players, those rated 90 and above, that are above gold and cost a minimum of 40,000 VC. This would prompt more variety in the mode. Third, I think it's imperative that the ability to trade be set up...I have a TON of gold legends that I'm sure many people would want. I'd trade most of them for Horace Grant. It's be great if I could trade for him.

The incentives should probably change too...right now unlocking MJ feels sort of like an endgame. Maybe add tournaments for VC and legend prizes, or give a reward for going 12-0 in first seed? I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with the mode in 2k14 - it has the potential to be pretty awesome.
I actually think a "Wheel of Fortune" would be pretty cool. Some packs would have a wheel ticket. This ticket would allow you to get a player...the players are on the board and the wheel is spun. Do I get a legend? Do I get a scrub? Its up to luck...

Or possibly a legend tourney...in stead of playing for bird magic and MJ, you can enter in to a bracket for Nique or Hakeem.

Or a more intuitive pack system where it wont give you repeats. I hate repeats. I cant begin to tell you how many times I have pulled Mark Aguirre or Abdul Rauf (who seems to not be obtainable at the moment)
Old 02-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
MVP

Tournaments for legend would be a great addition. 40k vc for superstars and 60k for top legends sounds right
Old 02-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch
Agreed. There needs to be something added to make this mode last longer next year. I had a couple ideas.
1. Chemistry-get a boost for guys that play together IRL. Coolege or pro.
2. Either a Salary Cap or exspiring contracts. Cap could be rating based or Tier based. Like X number of Gold etc.
3-make fatigue matter. Longer games or more of a drain per minute. At least you would have to use more players.
4-Penalize guys for playing players outside their primary or secondary position with a ratings drop.
Not sure where 2K will land but this mode needs a lot of refining.
Interesting ideas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Make the packs a bit more expensive and guarantee there will be a player in each one. Let me play friends in an exhibition. Don't allow 3 pt cheesers to have a chance. Make legends value higher than 500 vc. Let me see someone's lineup before I'm forced to play them.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

All I want is a legendary trade house and the difficulty to go up. Idk if its on pro or what but the amout of 3's has GOT to go down. Played a dude that went 27 for 51 on me from behind the arc. That's crazy because first of all the threes are so easy that someone feels comfortable shooting over 50 threes in a 20 minute game second of all he made 27 lol love the mode but it gets frustrating. Well also I think the salary is frustrating for the lack of VC you get. It's not worth putting gold skills on a gold player because you only get 250 for a game
Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

You should also get more vc for winning rtp games and just for playing them too as you advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »