Home

2013 OSFM: Cleveland Indians

This is a discussion on 2013 OSFM: Cleveland Indians within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
2013 OSFM: Cleveland Indians

Roll Tribe!

Feel free to post.

I felt that after all we did this offseason it was disrespectful not to have an OSFM thread yet!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2013 OSFM: Cleveland Indians

Hard not to be excited with the off-season this team has had.

We should be vastly improved both offensively and defensively (with the recent addition of Bourn). The starting pitching still scares the hell out of me, but I'm banking on a bounce-back year from Masterson and Bauer making an impact at some point - even if he's not on the opening day roster. Plus, how much worse could Ubaldo possibly be? If he, Myers and McAllister can just be average we'll have a shot to win a lot of games.

We're still not on par with Detroit from a pure talent standpoint (few teams are), but anything can happen if we can just stay in the race through September, grab one of the wildcard spots and get hot at the right time.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Given the accolades Lindor has gotten from scouts around the league he definitely deserves an A+ potential with very high fielding ratings to start off with. Bauer definitely deserves an A. Dorsyss Paulino probably deserves a B+ potential as he has been listed on a few top-100 prospect lists this off-season.

Here is a good place to start for putting the teams minor league system together for OSFM:

http://www.mlbdepthcharts.com/2012/1...l#.UR5gvqVlm2A

Has a great run down of all the notable players in the system.

Here are the top 10 prospects according to Keith Law:
1. Francisco Lindor, SS (7)
2. Trevor Bauer, RHP (25)
3. Dorssys Paulino, SS (58)
4. Danny Salazar, RHP
5. Jose Ramirez, 2B/SS
6. Tyler Naquin, CF
7. Mitch Brown, RHP
8. Kieran Lovegrove, RHP
9. Ronny Rodriguez, SS
10. Tony Wolters, 2B/SS

() denotes ranking in top-100 list.

Also an interesting quip about Danny Salazar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Law
Right-hander Danny Salazar came back from Tommy John, and gradually built up his velocity to where he was touching 99 mph and sitting 94-96 by year-end, with two average secondary pitches. He is not huge and needs to show he can pitch with that kind of raw stuff for a full season before I'd rank him as a top-100 guy.
This guy should get a B potential imo but be a very raw talent in the OSFM set.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #4
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't think Lindor's an A+ but certainly an A... A+ should be reserved for Hall of Fame type talent.

But anyway, Cubs fan here but I'm gonna be playing a franchise with the Tribe this year. The moves they've made along with the challenge of competing in a division with a stacked defending champ intrigues me. Plus, the Tribe has always been my #2 team (family influence). A poster above mentioned starting pitching which made me wonder, what happened to Josh Tomlin? I saw him pitch early last year I think it was and was very impressed with the outing I saw. I knew he went down with an injury but now this year I'm not hearing anything. Was the injury major and he's still out? Or just not the same guy that I happened to see that day?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:27 AM   #5
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

He had TJS in September I believe. He just got placed on the 60-day DL today to make room for Bourn and will miss this upcoming season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #6
Pro

dbacks_Nation's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm curious to see how Bauer is rated by SCEA. Kid should definitely be a solid "A", but I'm afraid that the Dbacks constant bashing of players regardless of skill level due to their own backwards personal agenda might have affected public perception.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'd imagine Bauer will be an A. Hopefully SCEA wouldn't take something like public perception into account.

Lindor is an easy A

Paulino I guess should be a B (high B). I'd love to play a franchise with him as an A, but that's probably a bit much at this point

There's a bit of a drop off after those 2 (plus Bauer)

Other possible B's in my opinion:
Mitch Brown
Ronny Rodriguez
Danny Salazar
Jose Ramirez

A couple other of my personal fav tribe prospects are Trey Haley & D'Vone McClure but I don't know what their potentials should be. A guy like McClure I think has a high ceiling but is a LONG way off

Just a couple thoughts
Old 02-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
Forgot about Naquin in that group of possible B's

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »