Home

End of Game Knee Downs

This is a discussion on End of Game Knee Downs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
End of Game Knee Downs

This may seem kind of small and insignificant. But when there is 30 seconds left in the game and you call a knee down, and your opponent is out of timeouts, I would really wish it would cut to a scene of the teams converging on the field for hand shakes ect. And end the game, instead of having to wait half a minute for the clock to hit zero.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: End of Game Knee Downs

Right on. There is zero emotion on that field, and the models are lifeless. EA needs a producer on Madden that wants to make what we see on TV and at real games happen in their game.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

That sounds like a good idea but only if there's an option to toggle it. I don't think any part of the game should be automatically cut off before the clock hits zero unless the user explicitly allowed it to happen. But I get what you're saying, that last 34 seconds is pointless to the majority of players.

It's an extra nuance that could be implemented but I doubt it'll ever happen.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
That sounds like a good idea but only if there's an option to toggle it. I don't think any part of the game should be automatically cut off before the clock hits zero unless the user explicitly allowed it to happen. But I get what you're saying, that last 34 seconds is pointless to the majority of players.

It's an extra nuance that could be implemented but I doubt it'll ever happen.
I do not agree with you, people want the game as realistic as possible, this is what happens in real life.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: End of Game Knee Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
I do not agree with you, people want the game as realistic as possible, this is what happens in real life.
The truth is that what happens is that teams have a choice. The offensive team could either run a play, kneel it again, or just walk away. They virtually always choose to just stand up and mingle on the field. They are not, however, required to do so.

The truest to life option would be to give the user the same choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
Rookie

They should do what they do in NCAA....if you have the ball under two minutes you should have the choice to run down the clock, how hard can it be to implement, it had always driven me crazy in madden
Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

Agree, they should give you a choice depending on the scenario. Like a blowout or if it's impossible for the other team to comeback then you can press a button to end the game early
Old 02-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'd rather nor see what that'd look like with the current engine. It'd be a robotic, clumsy mess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »