Home

Message to EA SPORTS about the NBA LIVE series

This is a discussion on Message to EA SPORTS about the NBA LIVE series within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Message to EA SPORTS about the NBA LIVE series

EA SPORTS, this is a message to you guys from a very loyal NBA LIVE fan!

NBA ELITE 11: What you should have done.
NBA ELITE 11 (In July) looked to be a great game that was going to compete with NBA 2K11. Then, when the demo released it was HIGHLY criticized by the media and fans. I watched many videos on the game and saw that EA SPORTS wanted to "revolutionize" basketball gaming. You guys did not have to do that AT ALL. NBA Live 10 was a great game! You guys made great progress from NBA Live 09. Then for some reason you guys decide to scrap NBA Live 10 and start over and make NBA ELITE 11. If you guys had kept the NBA Live 10 gameplay and fixed up some of the problems with it (like alley-opping problem, losing control of your player going out of bounds) and added all the other modes and presentation changes you were going to make in ELITE (like ESPN Presentation, Become Legendary Mode, commentary) this game would have DEFINITELY competed with NBA 2K11. NBA ELITE 11 would have been a huge success if they kept the NBA Live 10 gameplay and fixed it up. Now, I'm not saying that it would have sold more than NBA 2K11 but, it would have sold more than NBA Live 10 did. Think about it, A LOT of NBA fans (that want to buy an NBA video game) would be saying NBA ELITE 11 has great gameplay and beautiful ESPN presentation and more, maybe I should skip on 2K and buy NBA ELITE this year.

NBA LIVE 13: What were you doing EA?
EA SPORTS, I am very curious about what you guys were doing for 2 years making this game. I saw the leaked gameplay footage for this game and the presentation was phenomenal and the commentary was superb but, the graphics were horrible (except for the wonderful face models). It looked like in NBA LIVE 13 that, you guys either started from NBA Live 09 or you guys just tried to fix up NBA ELITE 11. There were no type of dribble animations, there was no type pf flow in the gameplay. Jay Howard is a famous NBA Live supporter on YouTube and he has been putting out ideas for you guys to put into NBA LIVE 13 and most of them were great ideas. Why didn't you guys use them. The concept of this game (from what I heard at E3) is great! It seems though that you guys could not put it together. It's weird because at E3 I watched many interviews with the executive producer on the game named Nick Wlodyka. He said that they (EA SPORTS) will be releasing new information about NBA LIVE 13 in "the next month or two" after E3 and they released NOTHING AT ALL. No gameplay, no screenshots, no features, NOTHING. So something must have happened after E3 that made EA SPORTS not say anything more about this game which is very fishy. It is really time to start listening to the fans EA SPORTS.

NBA LIVE 14: Suggestions for the future
For NBA Live 14 you guys should keep improving on the presentation and commentary (which is amazing). LISTEN TO THE FANS (especially Jay Howard)!

NBA Live 10: What you should do RIGHT NOW for it!
RELEASE A ROSTER UPDATE FOR THIS SEASON! If you want people to keep supporting the NBA Live Series and not go to 2K, release an updated roster for NBA Live 10, the fans want it. We love NBA Live!

Jay Howard YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/THEVENTWITHJAYHOWARD

NBA LIVE 13 video showing Nick Wlodyka saying "No announcements around demos either, all of that stuff expect to hear about that in the next month or two" SKIP TO 3:02 TO HEAR HIM SAY IT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJYB4CxPp74
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Message to EA SPORTS about the NBA LIVE series

we are not getting new rosters for live 10
Old 02-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

I think elite had promise they didn't switching up the controllers. also, I agree with you on needing to fix the alleys in live
Old 02-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Re: Message to EA SPORTS about the NBA LIVE series

@ MIPG1 I think all of us here @ Operation Sports agree with everything u just wrote this game is great! To your last point about updating all current Rosters to NBA Live 10 would have been the best solution for us loyal fans to NBA Live 10 to give us something to look forward to for NBA Live 14, but once again we were ignored & they cut off online play which was still decent online for those still playing for ranks. I would give EA Sports it's deserved respect if they were to completely shock us & bring back online play & updated rosters til the end of this 2012-2013 NBA Season for NBA Live loyal fans maybe throw in updated courts, Jerseys, shoes, etc. toss in Brooklyn & all that good stuff... @ EA if 1 Man can do it (Bigg D) with a few helpers here & there I'm pretty sure a well qualified team of professionals can make this happen u guys have all the tools to do so! In closing it would be in my opinion a nice gesture for your loyal fan base of NBA LIVE 10 & everything good about the game, will it happen unlikely I thought u once coined the phrase "Sports it's in the game!" I believe EA Sports it's time to listen to the fans on this 1 give us half the season left & the playoffs reward us for all these years & build on that I don't think it's too much to ask for is it???
Old 02-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

locked...no "hey EA" threads
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »