Home

Miracle Healing!

This is a discussion on Miracle Healing! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon10 Miracle Healing!

It's a miracle!

I had decided not to renew Chris Cooley's contract because of chronic poor health. Last year he was never actually forced to sit out but his overall health was hovering just above 70% and his torso health got down to 10% at one point. I held him out of most practices and a couple of games but he never got significantly better.

At the beginning of this year he was up to 85% but soon began to trend downward each week. By week 6 he was down to 78%. He got hurt in the week 6 game and missed the second half.

Now he's healed! his torso is 85% and his overall health is 89%, quite good for an over 30 player!

I know there are random events but I thought I was supposed to get a little popup to get my attention. That's what happened when a group of my players organized a study group and increased their play knowledge. I've even seen this kind of thing on the ticker when it applied to other teams, but I got nothing, just a healed player!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Miracle Healing!

Sweet! Gotta love it when that happens!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Rookie

bblack1207's Arena

OVR: 1

I Love The Accounting Error Thing Even More Where They Erase Your Next Years Penalties. Happened To me Twice In One Career. Good Stuff.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
Rookie

Sigh! By week 15 Cooley's health was back in the mid 70s. I sat him out for games 16 and 17, then we had a bye and even though Chris was up to 78% he got hurt in the first half!

And now I've signed him for 2 more years!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
Rookie

The saga continues.... Chris was in great shape again after the off season. Then he began to repeat his rapid decline.

He has DUR 86, Inj 87 and Tough 78. He's 32.

Do any of these factors account for his rapid health deterioration?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
Rookie

RougeRogue's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler Dealer
The saga continues.... Chris was in great shape again after the off season. Then he began to repeat his rapid decline.

He has DUR 86, Inj 87 and Tough 78. He's 32.

Do any of these factors account for his rapid health deterioration?

Well, damn, I've not been around these parts for a LONG time -- good to see some familiar names are still around here!

I recall doing some research on injuries, quite a while back -- let me see if I can find some of it for you. Here we go:
This short thread details some of the semantics involved with health/durability/injury/toughness:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ifference.html

And, as pointed out many times, the quality of your trainer can be vital to keeping a healthy team throughout the season; here's how you can help out that trainer, to get even better:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-program.html

Too, if you're feeling guilty about acquiring a few too many draft picks through trades over the course of a season, a good way to dispense with some of them is to trade for heavily injured, poor-quality players that you immediately put on IR, as described in that second link -- fantastic for giving your trainer good practice, resulting in good skill points, for a coach that is one of the toughest to develop, otherwise.

Last edited by RougeRogue; 03-06-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler Dealer
It's a miracle!

I had decided not to renew Chris Cooley's contract because of chronic poor health. Last year he was never actually forced to sit out but his overall health was hovering just above 70% and his torso health got down to 10% at one point. I held him out of most practices and a couple of games but he never got significantly better.

At the beginning of this year he was up to 85% but soon began to trend downward each week. By week 6 he was down to 78%. He got hurt in the week 6 game and missed the second half.

Now he's healed! his torso is 85% and his overall health is 89%, quite good for an over 30 player!

I know there are random events but I thought I was supposed to get a little popup to get my attention. That's what happened when a group of my players organized a study group and increased their play knowledge. I've even seen this kind of thing on the ticker when it applied to other teams, but I got nothing, just a healed player!!!
Ok it happened again, and I'm not talking about the "Random Event". I was trying to nurse Alex Barron through the season by skipping practices and parts of game. He got hurt for 2 quarters in the 13th game and the next week he was mostly well. (86% vs. the 74% he had been down to.)

IIRC in Cooley's case I had a 99% rated trainer and currently I have a trainer rated around 50%. Neither had the ultimate trainer's special skill.

So if you have a guy with a nagging injury you need for him to be hurt for part of a game!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
Rookie

deckofcards77's Arena

I like the Game Changer when an olympian wants to join your team. I got some HB named Stevie Dunlap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »