Home

LOST CONNECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on LOST CONNECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
LOST CONNECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about you guys but I really can't put up with the LOST CONNECTIONS! It is happening to me a lot. Especially tonight!

Are you experiencing the same?

I've played the same game four times and have yet to finish it.

I've even gone to the extent of running a physical connection to my PS3. Still lost the connection.

Frustrated!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: LOST CONNECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otops
I don't know about you guys but I really can't put up with the LOST CONNECTIONS! It is happening to me a lot. Especially tonight!

Are you experiencing the same?

I've played the same game four times and have yet to finish it.

I've even gone to the extent of running a physical connection to my PS3. Still lost the connection.

Frustrated!!!
Seems like every year alot of folks have this same issue with this game time and time again!!Really troubling to see this happen so often on a consistent basics.Let me ask you; is this ruining your fun/online experience with this game?And if so, would this one issue alone stop you from buying M14 on the release date,or will you wait for reviews/feedback first.

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
Banned

I have experiencing the same thing last night.What a bad luck
Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
Rookie

Personally, I lost my connection a few times last year and it bothered me but this year has been absolutely ridiculous! There needs to be some kind of way where we aren't solely reliant on the EA servers.

I have to admit, I really have liked the CONNECTED CAREERS mode. It has allowed me to get back into gaming with my brothers who are all dispersed throughout the country. But I'm turning more and more sour every day.

Two nights ago I was playing my brother in Phoenix. (I'm in Orlando area.) It was a C.C. game. We lost connection five or six times and most of them came when he scored. Best of all, my side said the usual LOST CONNECTION message but on his side it was telling him the connection was dropped due to EXCESSIVE GRIEVING BY HIS OPPONENT.

To me, there has to be some kind of hosting system that is able to backup the game being played. Or, at least, one could dream.

Bottom line is that I've been getting more and more frustrated. Not to mention when I've had a good game I'm always tempted to SUPERSIM the last quarter to insure that the game counts. (Obviously, this shouldn't have to be done.)

Enough from me... I have to get ready for a cruise. Catch you guys later!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
Rookie

I realized I didn't answer your question about whether I would buy it or not.

I don't buy any games until I read on the forums. 100% of the time.

This is the first year I skipped out on NHL. I did this after reading the forums and hearing that the game was practically the same as the previous year. Broke my heart because I was pretty hellbent on getting it.

And... I'm currently doing the same thing with the new Nascar game. I read and watched a few reviews all showing promise but when I read in the forums there were a lot of complaints. Apparently there's a patch hitting soon. If it fixes most of the issues I will buy it. If it doesn't fix what people are complaining about I will go without for a second year in a row. (No big deal to me since I was only going to get it for my son since he really likes Nascar.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
Rookie

strghtcashhomey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otops
Personally, I lost my connection a few times last year and it bothered me but this year has been absolutely ridiculous! There needs to be some kind of way where we aren't solely reliant on the EA servers.

I have to admit, I really have liked the CONNECTED CAREERS mode. It has allowed me to get back into gaming with my brothers who are all dispersed throughout the country. But I'm turning more and more sour every day.

Two nights ago I was playing my brother in Phoenix. (I'm in Orlando area.) It was a C.C. game. We lost connection five or six times and most of them came when he scored. Best of all, my side said the usual LOST CONNECTION message but on his side it was telling him the connection was dropped due to EXCESSIVE GRIEVING BY HIS OPPONENT.

To me, there has to be some kind of hosting system that is able to backup the game being played. Or, at least, one could dream.

Bottom line is that I've been getting more and more frustrated. Not to mention when I've had a good game I'm always tempted to SUPERSIM the last quarter to insure that the game counts. (Obviously, this shouldn't have to be done.)

Enough from me... I have to get ready for a cruise. Catch you guys later!
I've been playing my buddies too, gotten disconnected and they tell me the Excessive Grieving message...what a joke.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strghtcashhomey
I've been playing my buddies too, gotten disconnected and they tell me the Excessive Grieving message...what a joke.
I know. My brother thought I was doing something to get out of the game. He was getting quite mad too.

(I'd be lying if I told you I was upset the first time. He was whipping my a**! But... After the forth time we finally simulated the game. Of course, I fixed it so he beat me.)

Either way... We shouldn't have to deal with problems like this. Especially when it is not on our end(s). I'm telling you, it happened two times last night while I was connected via CAT-5.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

EA servers dont work well, never really had.. I started doing a online CCM fantasy draft and i had the EA lose connection when i would be having a good game late, so basically the game didnt count.. So i gave up and stick with offline CCM only now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »