Home

What would you guys do?

This is a discussion on What would you guys do? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What would you guys do?

About halfway through my 3rd season in dynasty my starting QB went down (Boise State, QB was Patti). He is a 92 overall in his junior year. I look at the injury report and he is out for the season with a broken vertebrae. Wow.

So... I am trying to run a fairly realistic season/dynasty... what should I do? I feel like I should drop him from the team the next season as it is not realistic to expect a QB to come back from a broken back in a year.

What would you guys do? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What would you guys do?

Well how often do you see broken vertebrae? Not saying it doesnt happen. But EA really did a horrible job this year with injuries. Every other play in my dynasty a star player of mines got hurt. So i turned injuries off. Keep the guy on your squad. Let em finish
Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
Rookie

bherman13's Arena

Broken vertebrae happen. And you can't expect to be running around the field any time soon. If you want to play it realistically, I don't see how you can play him next year.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

In real life he would get a medical redshirt, so even if has already been redshirted, edit him to not have a RS and RS him next year.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for the advice. I like the medical redshirt idea... I'll work it like that! Well played guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Just figured I would update... I couldn't edit his redshirt so I dropped him from the team. Still ended up with a great season but it didn't feel the same.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

"The hit in the first quarter of a loss to Wake Forest on Oct. 8 of last year broke the T-5 and T-6 vertebrae in Thompson's back. He was not paralyzed."

Started the first game of the year and had 687 yards on 91 carries in 8 games. Then he tore his ACL.

So me personally I would have kept him and played him next year.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by .MgB.
Just figured I would update... I couldn't edit his redshirt so I dropped him from the team. Still ended up with a great season but it didn't feel the same.
I had the exact same situation, I lost my QB in game one for the season with a torn shoulder. I went to edit his class down one year, and can't. Too bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »