Home

Penalty Fix that makes no sense...but works

This is a discussion on Penalty Fix that makes no sense...but works within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Penalty Fix that makes no sense...but works

I do not understand how or why this works but for some reason it does.
I started my season and set some sliders. Played the first game and had excellent penalties called both ways. Following few games no more than 1 pp for me a game sometimes none. So I tweak the sliders and played a game....once again good amount of penalties called again. following games nothing. I restart my season set the sliders and first game great amount of penalties following several game...no calls. I did this 2 more times with the same results. So I restarted my season and decided to try the following:
I set my sliders played game one. good amount of calls. Before each game I move one slider up or down a notch. Usually something fairly meaningless like goalie passing (I have set at 1 or 2) and save my settings, then play the game. Im 10 games into my season and I average 3 PPs agame and 3 or more against. I get a good variety and also 5 on 3s and 4 on 4s.
I know this makes no sense but its working. Any ideas on how or why?
p
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Penalty Fix that makes no sense...but works

You wont know until you dont touch the sliders for 3-4 games in a row and see how it works. It could be by chance some games dont have a lot when you dont touch them.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Just a question but why do you need a workaround when the penalty issue was basically fixed with tuner 1.04?
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
Rookie

wickedflyer's Arena

You might be on to something here jake19ny. I've been playing Be a GM mode for awhile now with the updated tuners and all. Been getting a lot better penalty calls than before they kind of fixed it. But there are still those games where there will be 5 penalties called and they're all on one team or only 1 or 2 total per game. Which in my opinion penalties in NHL 13 are still not fixed correctly. Anyway, I tried what you said before each of my last 2 games I played last night and let me tell you they do seem to work. My first game it was 5 PP for my team and 3 for CPU and the next game it was 3 for me and 4 for CPU. Also in my first game there were two 5 on 3's which is very rare for this game. It seems like there are a lot more variety called too. I actually saw an Obstruction Hooking call which I don't think I've seen at all in NHL 13. Just seems a lot more varied and calls for both teams, which I like to see. I just moved the Goalie Passing slider up 1 notch during the game. I'm gonna try a few more games today and see what happens.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #5
Rookie

wickedflyer's Arena

Yeah this seems to be working!! I played 2 more Be a GM games tonight adjusting the goalie pass slider up or down and save right as I'm going into the game. I'm playing on AllStar settings and 10 min periods. My first game I had 7 PP and the CPU had 4. There were two 4 on 4 situations too. My second game I had 5 and the CPU had 4 with a 5 on 3 at one point. Awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Birthday - I did that already. My one season I went as far as 20 games played and only had the good calls in my first game. after that it was horrid. 29 PPs in 20 games played

Bwiggy - I dont think the issue was fixed right at all. I do however use tuner 1.04 and with my wacky way of doing it Im seeing good amount of calls and a good variety.

Im glad someone else is having success with this. I know it makes no sense but it works and now I know Im not crazy....LOL
Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Gotta try this...

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 02-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #8
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17

Great that it works, but it is no solution. Too much work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »