Home

I need more AI fouls in my game... pls help.

This is a discussion on I need more AI fouls in my game... pls help. within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I need more AI fouls in my game... pls help.

I've played about 20 games now with my sliders... I've been making small adjustments here and there, but for the most part I'm really happy with my sliders and how close they are in most every statistical catagory.

Fouls (and free throws), however, I'm way off.

NBAfree throws per game avg per team = 23
My sliders = 17

Which isn't too far off, i agree. I seem to be doing okay getting people to the line.

NBA fouls per game avg per team = 20
My sliders = 11

This number is about 50% of the real avg - and that's just too low, so I'd like to fix it if possible. My goal is to get more non-shooting fouls, but if I need to, i will be willing to sacrifice my ft attempts to get a more realistic average fouls per game.

I figured I'd focus on reach in fouls because A) other fouls seem more random and difficult to control. B) I could control reach in fouls in 2k12 - (but, i can't seem to do it in 2k13).

Relevent sliders for "reach in" (at least I think they may be relevent... not sure):

Fouls
Reach in = 100 (actually, all fouls are at 100)

Defense
Help defense = 100
Steal success = 45

Attributes
On ball defense = 50
Stealing = 50

Tendencies
Go for on ball steals = 100

Is there another slider I'm forgetting? Maybe something else i can do to increase reach in fouls?

Now as far as shooting fouls:

If I increase my contact shot frequency, this will increase fouls? I have those at 80 at the moment.

under tendencies, if i increase contest shots, im guessing this will also increase shooting fouls? currently 70

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I need more AI fouls in my game... pls help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdklein
I've played about 20 games now with my sliders... I've been making small adjustments here and there, but for the most part I'm really happy with my sliders and how close they are in most every statistical catagory.
If you want to increase fouls, then YES you should increase your Contact Shot Frequency sliders. I recommend putting both at 100.

There's not really anything you can do to get more reach-in fouls. In my experience, putting Go for On-Ball Steals above 55 gives me WAY too many reach-in fouls.

You're saying that you get 17 FTs per game. You'll definitely want to increase that number so that you're getting 5-7 more per game. Doing so will bump your Team Fouls up to 14 or 15 per game, which is pretty close to real-life.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #3
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
If you want to increase fouls, then YES you should increase your Contact Shot Frequency sliders. I recommend putting both at 100.

There's not really anything you can do to get more reach-in fouls. In my experience, putting Go for On-Ball Steals above 55 gives me WAY too many reach-in fouls.

You're saying that you get 17 FTs per game. You'll definitely want to increase that number so that you're getting 5-7 more per game. Doing so will bump your Team Fouls up to 14 or 15 per game, which is pretty close to real-life.
There are only 4 Main types of fouls in this game. Shooting, over the back, reach in and man running into the screener foul...in real life there are other fouls away from the ball such as grabbing( Holding and clutching ) and Using body or forearm to check players. These should be incorporated in new version of the game. Once that happens, you will get your 20 plus fouls a game.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 01-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
Rookie

Aight... thanks fellas.

I guess it will be another statistical anomaly that I'll just have to deal with.

Thanks to playing Madden for so many years, I've learned to accept them.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon12 Re: I need more AI fouls in my game... pls help.

I have had success by also having the cpu fouls 2 or 3 clicks higher than the user fouls.

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #6
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
and man running into the screener foul
I hardly ever get these from the CPU, while I commit about 2-3 of these a game kinda annoying.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Last edited by HighCmpPct; 01-27-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
Rookie

To get more shooting fouls, lower your On Ball Defense to about 40 and raise your Help Defense to 100. Also have your Go For On Ball Steal Attempts at 100.

Last edited by savantopus; 02-28-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

heres the fix for more reach in fouls and blocking fouls.

increase reach in fouls to the 100 for the cpu but you also have to raise your attempt steals slider for the cpu also. this will create more reach in attempts by the cpu.

to get more blocking fouls by the Ai controlled tems. the cpu blocking sliders must be higher than the user charging sliders.

have to say all my stats are spot on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »