Home

Passing is horrible in this game.

This is a discussion on Passing is horrible in this game. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Passing is horrible in this game.

Why is it damn near impossible to pass it to an open man under the goal. Either it goes to the wrong guy, a soft lob that get picked off, hits the defender instead or throws at their feet. This game is so frustrating just trying to get a pass to an open guy.

Instead of that stupid fake pass **** that is just annoying it should have been the option for a fast or quick pass that could actually be useful.

Every time I have someone cutting to the basket or open under the goal the pass hits the defenders foot 90% of the time.

Icon passing passing is **** also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Passing is horrible in this game.

I agree..
Passing is real hard to me.
The defenders just pop on the pass line or his arms are like 4 feet to catch the ball. They move quicker some any human.
And the passes itselves are just not good, some average players can do passes I can't do with a good passer with the dimer sig skill.

I don't do passes into the paint anymore because I quickly understood it was just not possible
Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyinkilla
Why is it damn near impossible to pass it to an open man under the goal. Either it goes to the wrong guy, a soft lob that get picked off, hits the defender instead or throws at their feet. This game is so frustrating just trying to get a pass to an open guy.

Instead of that stupid fake pass **** that is just annoying it should have been the option for a fast or quick pass that could actually be useful.

Every time I have someone cutting to the basket or open under the goal the pass hits the defenders foot 90% of the time.

Icon passing passing is **** also.
Do you run plays or simply try to throw lead passes in freelance?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 1

My passing seems to be not bad when I drive to the paint I double tab B (im guessing O on PS3) do the spin and stall for a runner to the paint and pass to get an assist, although if I am in my own half and try to pass to someone outside the D in the corner normally the ball just flys over their head or is pick out of the air by the opponent.

Another thing I noticed is when I tell a player to post up in My Career and play it into them if they dont shoot instantly I dont get the assist, if they take more than 2 seconds I dont get the assist it annoys me greatly.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Uh...because if they made it EASY to just throw lead passes in the paint then everyone would do that and shoot 90% from the field.

I'm not saying passing doesn't need to be improved though...it does. Especially the icon passing. Too often when using icon passing your player throws a slow, wind-up bounce pass at someone's feet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Meh Im ok with the in paint passing.

I hate the passes around the arc though , especially on the drive and kick game.

They aren't zippy enough. You know chest passes etc...
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

And on the other side, the AI inside passes are just... over cheated. Unbelievable.
When your opponent is in the paint, no matter where he is, where you are, where the passing guy is, who the passing is, the pass will always arrive in your opponent's hands. Even if you're on the line, the ball will arrive (how? don't know)
And of course, it does pass in the paint+let the opponent score
Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I was feeling the same way, until I picked my spots, and who I use to pass with. Majority of the time it's with Rondo. Also if folks are struggling, jack up the passing accuracy in the slider section.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »