Home

2013 OSFM: Minnesota Twins

This is a discussion on 2013 OSFM: Minnesota Twins within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13
2013 OSFM: Minnesota Twins

Well it's getting closer to baseball season and with many other teams' forums going up, I decided to get the ball rolling for the Twinkies. I worked on the rosters last year with moose616 and I definitely would wanna work with him again this year. I'm basically going to do a roster rundown first of all levels and then evaluate prospects for '13 and beyond. But I'll get that started tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

Re: 2013 OSFM: Minnesota Twins

Twins 40-Man Roster
*Players NOT in MLB 13 are italicized

Pitchers
#31 - Alex Burnett
#61 - Jared Burton
#30 - Kevin Correia
#38 - Cole DeVries
#58 - Scott Diamond
#52 - Brian Duensing
#50 - Casey Fien
#32 - Kyle Gibson
#62 - Liam Hendriks
#74 - B.J. Hermsen
#60 - Pedro Hernandez
#65 - Trevor May
#34 - Mike Pelfrey
#15 - Glen Perkins
#57 - Ryan Pressly
#64 - Tyler Robertson
#20 - Josh Roenicke
#51 - Anthony Swarzak
#71 - Caleb Thielbar
#72 - Michael Tonkin
#43 - Tim Wood
#49 - Vance Worley
Catchers
#41 - Drew Butera
#18 - Ryan Doumit
#23 - Chris Herrmann
#7 - Joe Mauer
#82 - Josmil Pinto
Infielders
#8 - Jamey Carroll
#20 - Brian Dozier
#5 - Eduardo Escobar
#25 - Pedro Florimon
#33 - Justin Morneau
#27 - Chris Parmelee
#24 - Trevor Plouffe
#83 - Daniel Santana
Outfielders
#80 - Oswaldo Arcia
#12 - Joe Benson
#63 - Aaron Hicks
#19 - Darin Mastroianni
#16 - Josh Willingham

Spring Training Invitees
*Players NOT in MLB 13 are italicized

Pitchers
#68 - Bryan Augenstein
#53 - Nick Blackburn(Injured - Will not be ready for Spring Training)
#21 - Samuel Deduno
#76 - Deolis Guerra
#47 - Rich Harden
#70 - Shairon Martis
#66 - Alex Meyer
#17 - Lester Oliveros
-- Rafael Perez
#67 - Luis Perdomo
#39 - Anthony Slama
#59 - Esmerling Vasquez
#39 - P.J. Walters
Catchers
#77 - Eric Fryer
#73 - Kyle Knudson
#81 - Danny Lehmann
#84 - Dan Rohlfing
Infielders
#85 - James Beresford
#13 - Jeff Clement
Chris Colabello
#1 - Ray Olmedo
#79 - Deibinson Romero
#80 - Mark Sobolewski
Outfielders
#48 - Brandon Boggs
#26 - Brian Dinkelman
#22 - Wilkin Ramirez
#11 - Clete Thomas

Expect pitchers who are non-roster invitees to have a fair shot at a spot on the Opening day roster. Sam Deduno did fairly well last year and if he can have better control, would be a nice addition to the rotation in 2013.

Anthony Slama will most likely be in Triple-A to start the season, but possibly expect him up in the bigs for a 3rd time this year if the bullpen needs an arm. Slama was amazing for the Red Wings last year posting a 1.28 ERA with an outstanding 14 K/9 ratio, but did not get a shot with the Twins. We'll see how he fairs in 2013.

Rich Harden has been given another shot by the Twins and will be battling for a potential 5th spot in the rotation this spring. He missed all of 2012 with a shoulder tear and this may be his last chance to pitch in the bigs. The 5th spot is anyone's job to win, and he will battle along many others for this opportunity.

This has been the roster breakdown, next post will be for prospects.

EDIT - 2/16: Updated numbers and added RP Rafael Perez to the non roster invitee list.

Last edited by MauerMorneau09; 02-16-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

1) Miguel Sano, 3B, Grade A-: I think he will be a monster power hitter. Questions about defense persist, and we'll have to see what his batting average looks like, but I am optimistic that he will make the necessary adjustments as he moves up.

2) Oswaldo Arcia, OF, Grade B+: Another masher. Upside isn't quite at Sano's level, but he'll be ready sooner. Venezuelan Jason Kubel.

3) Byron Buxton, OF, Grade B+: Would rank ahead of Arcia on pure tools, but Buxton has enough rough edges for me to put Arcia ahead at this point. Tremendous speed/power combination but probably four-five years away. Will battle Sano for top ranking entering 2014.

4) Alex Meyer, RHP, Grade B+: Acquired from the Nationals for Denard Span. Impressive high-ceiling arm is something that the Twins need, could develop into a number two starter if he maintains the greater mechanical consistency he showed in 2012 compared to his college days at the University of Kentucky.

5) Aaron Hicks, OF, Grade B: Substantial progress refining his hitting skills last year, tapping into his power more readily. Patience, speed, defense are also assets. Broader skill base than Arcia, but bat isn't as potent.

6) Eddie Rosario, 2B-OF, Grade B: A personal favorite, should hit for average, draw walks, and produce moderate power. Not sure he sticks at second base. Plays with intensity.

7) Kyle Gibson, RHP, Grade B: This assumes the reports out of the Arizona Fall League are accurate. Appears fully recovered from Tommy John, throwing hard like he did before injuries began hampering him in '09.

8) Jose Berrios, RHP, Grade B: One of my favorite pitchers from the 2012 draft. Throws hard, throws strikes, good secondary pitches, nice delivery, athletic and strong, good makeup. Complete package. Just needs innings.

9) Max Kepler, OF, Grade B: German outfielder took huge step forward, tapping into his power and maintaining his plate discipline. Transition to full-season ball might be a challenge but I'm optimistic that the progress is real.

10) Trevor May, RHP, Grade B-: Acquired from Phillies in Ben Revere trade with Vance Worley. Another high-ceiling arm to match with Meyer, he struggled with control in Double-A but has the arm to be a number three starter if his command comes together. Relief is also a possibility.

11) Travis Harrison, 3B, Grade B-:
He probably doesn't stay at third base, but the bat looks promising to me. Reports from Appy League are oddly subdued, but he mashed in high school and has mashed as a pro so far. Gets the benefit of the doubt right now.

12) Mason Melotakis, LHP, Grade B-: One of several lively relief arms drafted in 2012.

13) Luke Bard, RHP, Grade B-: Impressive fastball/slider combination. Bard and Melotakis have the most complete packages of the large group of relievers the Twins drafted in '12.

14) Joe Benson, OF, Grade C+: At this point the placement on the list becomes problematic, with slots 12 through 20 being plausibly ordered in many different ways. Benson's tools (power, speed, defense) continue to stand out. The grade is generous but I'm willing to write off his poor '12 season due to injuries. He really needs to take a step forward in '13, given the outfielders coming up behind him.

15) Jorge Polanco, 2B-SS, Grade C+: Big bonus ($750,000) signee from Dominican Republic in 2009 took a huge step forward with strong season for Elizabethton thanks to better strength and physical maturity. Very good with the glove at second base. 16) Niko Goodrum, SS, Grade C+: Made incremental progress refining his tools. Needs to take a step forward in '13 as he moves up to full-season baseball after two years in the Appy League.
17) J.T. Chargois, RHP, Grade C+: Another relief arm from 2012 draft, has closer potential (as do Bard and Melotakis) and should move through system rapidly.

18) Zack Jones, RHP, Grade C+:
Another bullpen prospect from 2012 draft, performed well at Beloit and touched 100 MPH in instructional league, though secondary pitches need some work.

19) Michael Tonkin, RHP, Grade C+:
Another relief prospect whiffed 97 in just 69 innings in A-ball this year due to improved command of 92-95 MPH fastball and nasty slider. Pitching well in Arizona Fall League.

20) Adam Walker, OF, Grade C+:
Outstanding raw power, also a skilled basestealer with good overall tools. Strikeout rate is very high, and questions about contact are enough for me to be cautious with the grade until we see him at higher levels.

21) D.J. Baxendale, RHP, Grade C+: Excellent pro debut, polished, would rank higher if he threw harder, but knows how to pitch and will make short work of A-ball.

22) Nate Roberts, OF, Grade C+: Has been held back by injuries and was old for the Midwest League, but has a smooth swing, excellent plate discipline, can swipe a base, and is tearing up the Arizona Fall League.
23) Corey Williams, LHP, Grade C+: Another relief prospect features plus stuff from left side, still working to refine command, extremely tough on left-handed hitters.

OTHERS TO CONSIDER: A.J. Achter, RHP; Hudson Boyd, RHP; Tyler Duffey, RHP; Deolis Guerra, RHP; B.J. Hermsen, RHP; Chris Herrmann, C; Pedro Hernandez, LHP; Tyler Jones, RHP; Felix Jorge, RHP; Austin Malinowski, LHP; Angel Mata, RHP; Levi Michael, INF; Amaurys Minier, SS; Josue Montanez, LHP; Josmil Pinto; C; Ryan Pressly, RHP; Bruce Pugh, RHP; Taylor Rogers, LHP; Daniel Santana, SS: Caleb Thielbar, LHP; Kennys Vargas, 1B; Jason Wheeler, LHP; Alex Wimmers, RHP.

Next up: The Twins minor league rosters rundown. I will have that on OS either tonight or tomorrow morning.

source: minorleagueball.com
Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

I almost forgot, I wanted to give MY opinion on what the opening day lineup should be for the Twins.

Minnesota Twins Projected 25-Man Roster

Lineup
1. Darin Mastroianni - CF
2. Jamey Carroll - 2B
3. Joe Mauer - C
4. Josh Willingham - LF
5. Justin Morneau - 1B
6. Ryan Doumit - DH
7. Trevor Plouffe - 3B
8. Chris Parmelee - RF
9. Brian Dozier - SS

Bench
Drew Butera - C
Pedro Florimon - SS
Joe Benson - OF

Rotation
1. Scott Diamond
2. Vance Worely
3. Mike Pelfrey
4. Kevin Correia
5. Rich Harden

Bullpen
LRP - Anthony Swarzak
MRP - Alex Burnett
Casey Fien
Ryan Pressly
Josh Roenicke
SU - Jared Burton
Brian Duensing
CP - Glen Perkins

Last edited by MauerMorneau09; 01-20-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
Rookie

theSmilingAssassin27's Arena

OVR: 0

Looks good man! I'd be happy to help out with anything if you need it, I should have a lot of free time in about a week or so, but you seem to have a stranglehold on this thing so far. I've heard they're willing to rush Buxton along if possible, so he may be sooner than 4 or 5 years, possibly '16?...all speculation at this point. Haha it's also pretty crazy how far Wimmers has dropped down their list.

Last edited by theSmilingAssassin27; 01-24-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSmilingAssassin27
Looks good man! I'd be happy to help out with anything if you need it, I should have a lot of free time in about a week or so, but you seem to have a stranglehold on this thing so far. I've heard they're willing to rush Buxton along if possible, so he may be sooner than 4 or 5 years, possibly '16?...all speculation at this point. Haha it's also pretty crazy how far Wimmers has dropped down their list.
Yea dude I haven't heard anything about moose so you can definitely help! I don't think doing this thing on my own is gonna be easy so help would be appreciated! Yea some of this prospect talk is really crazy right now
Old 01-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Looks like my Twins are in good hands again this year
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 01-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #8
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerMorneau09
1) Miguel Sano, 3B, Grade A-: I think he will be a monster power hitter. Questions about defense persist, and we'll have to see what his batting average looks like, but I am optimistic that he will make the necessary adjustments as he moves up.

2) Oswaldo Arcia, OF, Grade B+: Another masher. Upside isn't quite at Sano's level, but he'll be ready sooner. Venezuelan Jason Kubel.

3) Byron Buxton, OF, Grade B+: Would rank ahead of Arcia on pure tools, but Buxton has enough rough edges for me to put Arcia ahead at this point. Tremendous speed/power combination but probably four-five years away. Will battle Sano for top ranking entering 2014.

4) Alex Meyer, RHP, Grade B+: Acquired from the Nationals for Denard Span. Impressive high-ceiling arm is something that the Twins need, could develop into a number two starter if he maintains the greater mechanical consistency he showed in 2012 compared to his college days at the University of Kentucky.

5) Aaron Hicks, OF, Grade B: Substantial progress refining his hitting skills last year, tapping into his power more readily. Patience, speed, defense are also assets. Broader skill base than Arcia, but bat isn't as potent.

6) Eddie Rosario, 2B-OF, Grade B: A personal favorite, should hit for average, draw walks, and produce moderate power. Not sure he sticks at second base. Plays with intensity.

7) Kyle Gibson, RHP, Grade B: This assumes the reports out of the Arizona Fall League are accurate. Appears fully recovered from Tommy John, throwing hard like he did before injuries began hampering him in '09.

8) Jose Berrios, RHP, Grade B: One of my favorite pitchers from the 2012 draft. Throws hard, throws strikes, good secondary pitches, nice delivery, athletic and strong, good makeup. Complete package. Just needs innings.

9) Max Kepler, OF, Grade B: German outfielder took huge step forward, tapping into his power and maintaining his plate discipline. Transition to full-season ball might be a challenge but I'm optimistic that the progress is real.

10) Trevor May, RHP, Grade B-: Acquired from Phillies in Ben Revere trade with Vance Worley. Another high-ceiling arm to match with Meyer, he struggled with control in Double-A but has the arm to be a number three starter if his command comes together. Relief is also a possibility.

11) Travis Harrison, 3B, Grade B-: He probably doesn't stay at third base, but the bat looks promising to me. Reports from Appy League are oddly subdued, but he mashed in high school and has mashed as a pro so far. Gets the benefit of the doubt right now.

12) Mason Melotakis, LHP, Grade B-: One of several lively relief arms drafted in 2012.

13) Luke Bard, RHP, Grade B-: Impressive fastball/slider combination. Bard and Melotakis have the most complete packages of the large group of relievers the Twins drafted in '12.

14) Joe Benson, OF, Grade C+: At this point the placement on the list becomes problematic, with slots 12 through 20 being plausibly ordered in many different ways. Benson's tools (power, speed, defense) continue to stand out. The grade is generous but I'm willing to write off his poor '12 season due to injuries. He really needs to take a step forward in '13, given the outfielders coming up behind him.

15) Jorge Polanco, 2B-SS, Grade C+: Big bonus ($750,000) signee from Dominican Republic in 2009 took a huge step forward with strong season for Elizabethton thanks to better strength and physical maturity. Very good with the glove at second base. 16) Niko Goodrum, SS, Grade C+: Made incremental progress refining his tools. Needs to take a step forward in '13 as he moves up to full-season baseball after two years in the Appy League.
17) J.T. Chargois, RHP, Grade C+: Another relief arm from 2012 draft, has closer potential (as do Bard and Melotakis) and should move through system rapidly.

18) Zack Jones, RHP, Grade C+: Another bullpen prospect from 2012 draft, performed well at Beloit and touched 100 MPH in instructional league, though secondary pitches need some work.

19) Michael Tonkin, RHP, Grade C+: Another relief prospect whiffed 97 in just 69 innings in A-ball this year due to improved command of 92-95 MPH fastball and nasty slider. Pitching well in Arizona Fall League.

20) Adam Walker, OF, Grade C+: Outstanding raw power, also a skilled basestealer with good overall tools. Strikeout rate is very high, and questions about contact are enough for me to be cautious with the grade until we see him at higher levels.

21) D.J. Baxendale, RHP, Grade C+: Excellent pro debut, polished, would rank higher if he threw harder, but knows how to pitch and will make short work of A-ball.

22) Nate Roberts, OF, Grade C+: Has been held back by injuries and was old for the Midwest League, but has a smooth swing, excellent plate discipline, can swipe a base, and is tearing up the Arizona Fall League.
23) Corey Williams, LHP, Grade C+: Another relief prospect features plus stuff from left side, still working to refine command, extremely tough on left-handed hitters.

OTHERS TO CONSIDER: A.J. Achter, RHP; Hudson Boyd, RHP; Tyler Duffey, RHP; Deolis Guerra, RHP; B.J. Hermsen, RHP; Chris Herrmann, C; Pedro Hernandez, LHP; Tyler Jones, RHP; Felix Jorge, RHP; Austin Malinowski, LHP; Angel Mata, RHP; Levi Michael, INF; Amaurys Minier, SS; Josue Montanez, LHP; Josmil Pinto; C; Ryan Pressly, RHP; Bruce Pugh, RHP; Taylor Rogers, LHP; Daniel Santana, SS: Caleb Thielbar, LHP; Kennys Vargas, 1B; Jason Wheeler, LHP; Alex Wimmers, RHP.

Next up: The Twins minor league rosters rundown. I will have that on OS either tonight or tomorrow morning.

source: minorleagueball.com
These are from minor league ball?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »