Home

CC coach mode rules

This is a discussion on CC coach mode rules within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
CC coach mode rules

I like to take mediocre teams and turn them into Super Bowl champs. In past years I would create a cupcake team and do it that way. Since you can't create teams this year I've done it with the Browns, the Jags, and the Chiefs. But it never takes more than a year or 2 to win the Super Bowl. So I'm jus wondering what are some "house rules" you guys use when doing this to make it harder? Not so much as gameplay rules (although I am looking for a good sim slider set) but more towards management rules. Any input you have will be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Rookie

redlasers123's Arena

OVR: 4
Some i use is no more than 2 first round picks per draft and only one can be top 15. Always punt on 4th down except if you know it will be your last drive or two of the game. Only trade during the off season and dont sign more than 1 starter per free agency, and he has to be a max of 80 ovr. As for gameplay, thats more about the sliders and you can find a few difficult ones if you look for them. Also, play on fast speed if youre up for the challenge
Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CC coach mode rules

First rule: use coach mode. I could play the game, but that would be much worse. Even using coach mode, I noticed that the hybrid playbook made me unsoppable, so I started over. Other than that, I only sign players that fit my scheme, if possible. Currently I am turning the Browns into a zone run offense and it is hard to come by players that fit. However, I have never seen a zone run receiver or TE, so I use a "second" scheme to fill the blanks. I usually don't trade for players at all, but had to trade for K. Walter, because Massaquoi and Cribbs got hurt at the same time, but appart from that I do not sign free agents to trade them afterwards. If I add players to the trading block, I never chose the best offer. I send players to teams that I am not playing and go for the offers that offer only one draft pick instead of 2 or 3. If I come by additional picks, I rather use them on undrafted players, instead of trading them for better picks in the future. In the off season I do sign free agents, but only those that I actually need to improve.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
But it never takes more than a year or 2 to win the Super Bowl.
After the season-ending CCM rosters came out I went to start a new CCM with my Cowboys, and I simmed through the first season so it would be as if I was starting from right this very moment.

Madden decided to rub salt into my bloody Dallas wounds by having them go 15-1, winning the SB with the #1 offense and #3 defense.

I was so hurt that I turned my PS3 off immediately.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #5
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the ideas. I've tried doing coach mode but I like playing the games too much. Now my question is which team should I use? Like I said I've already done the browns, jags, and chiefs.
Oh and if any of you have good offline sim sliders you are using I'm looking for a good set

Last edited by whughes; 02-27-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »