Home

Raw 01/21/13 - #knees2faces

This is a discussion on Raw 01/21/13 - #knees2faces within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Raw 01/21/13 - #knees2faces

Despite last weeks massive victory over Sheamus,Heath Slater will have to wait for his title shot as Big Show enabled his rematch clause. But that's alright. According to his mother 3MB has a 10% chance to win the Rumble which is far better than the 3.3% chance everyone else has. Except for The Shield who would also have a 10% chance should they partake. Of course they'll be too busy taking out The Rock and Sock. If you still need an explantion for some reason and missed their segment on SD: http://www.wwe.com/videos/from-an-un...on-an-26085693

Of course the best chance to win the rumble is Lil' Jimmy because you can't eliminate what you can't see.

I believe Big Show used the rematch for a regular match so ADR has nothing to fear. Someone might get water poured on them. What a tragedy.

John Cena is likely to bully Dolph Ziggler again. Hopefully Big E will step up and remind John to be a star. Don't make them get David Arquette in there Cena. This one is on you if that happens again.

Team Friendship is set to face off with Team Rhodes Scholars at the Royal Rumble for the tag team championship. Individual matches probably on the card this week. After hugging a robot on SD they can't do much more right? Kane will be more likely focused on getting FOUR eliminations in the Rumble it self to break HBK's record. Maybe there'll be some Dr. Shelby involvement. His credentials are now suspect. Dr. Phil is expected to be in the corner of Rhodes Scholars.

Will The Rock show up for a 3rd week in a row? Maybe he'll throw something of CM Punk's into the river live pre-recorded via satellite. Ice cream perhaps. New,exciting and original. Maybe he'll feed Ryback a cookiepuss. The fans in...-San Jose,California- ...(hold for cheap pop)...will be sure to enjoy that. Except for the homeless starving children that really could've used that ice cream and will be trying to fish it out of the river following the show. BTW The Rock didn't even come back for the Tooth Fairy 2. They had to get Larry the Cable guy. Yah I didn't know there was one either. But that's because The Rock wasn't in it. Just like an actual wrestling match since April 1st,2012. He'll win an oscar for it anyway right? For publicity sake. Cause he's The Rock. And better than everyone.

Meanwhile in Canada we know better as this is currently going up in downtown Toronto:

Just a reminder should Punk fail to retain his title against The Rock at the Royal Rumble,much like when he failed to beat HHH when the title wasn't involved,someone else gets to take over the Raw thread making because I won't be watching it as long as Rocky is champ. I suggest making it a prize for the pool winner or runner up if the winner doesn't want to or just whoever has the most points and wants to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Raw 01/21/13 - #knees2faces

I've never heard of someone banning themselves from watching the WWE because The Rock is WWE champion. That's like completely contrary from most of the public.

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow nights show as well. And by the way, The Rock is scheduled to appear in person. I hope he wrestles in a ya know.. actual match.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I've never heard of someone banning themselves from watching the WWE because The Rock is WWE champion. That's like completely contrary from most of the public.

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow nights show as well. And by the way, The Rock is scheduled to appear in person. I hope he wrestles in a ya know.. actual match.
Two questions I must ask you.

1.) Why does the Rock deserve to be WWE Champion? It is clearly injustice that he can just show up and be #1 contender.

2.) Why would WWE waste a match with the Rock in for free?

Old 01-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
Two questions I must ask you.

1.) Why does the Rock deserve to be WWE Champion? It is clearly injustice that he can just show up and be #1 contender.

2.) Why would WWE waste a match with the Rock in for free?
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm with you. He doesn't deserve it all. I just hadn't heard of anyone that is that upset over it they'll not watch the WWE anymore. Seems like most are loving The Rock(maybe not on here I don't know, but in general).

As far as your 2nd question, from the standpoint that he could blow out his knee or something it isn't worth it. But it's kind of lame to me that he's going to walk into the ring at RR in a title match against Punk having not wrestled since April.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

If I kept watching that'd mean I'm supporting that crap. Which I will not. This would be worse than Arquette to me. Is it really that different at heart? A movie star that doesn't work there gets to walk in and win the title. At least he only had it 12 days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
If I kept watching that'd mean I'm supporting that crap. Which I will not. This would be worse than Arquette to me. Is it really that different at heart? A movie star that doesn't work there gets to walk in and win the title. At least he only had it 12 days.
Dennis Rodman had more matches in his WCW run than The Rock has had in the last 9 years. 2 matches from March 2004 until now... I can't believe there are so few of us that actually think it isn't the best idea to put the title on Dwayne.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
The Batman

soltrain's Arena

OVR: 16

Rock winning ****s on your whole roster. A guy comes in from being a movie star and beats a guy no one could beat for over a year? It'd be terrible.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

This is the only possible way I would even consider accepting Rock winning the WWE Title.

Punk truly goes over the Rock cleanly at the RR, or there is a ref bump and the shield helps out, somehow retaining. So the elimination chamber becomes Punk/Rock/Cena/The Ryback/Kofi/insert entertaining worker here, maybe Ziggler but I doubt it with him having the smackdown briefcase....So the match goes on, and when it's down to the end with either only Cena/Rock/Punk or Rock/Punk left...the lights go out or someone comes out from underneath the metal panel floor (ala hbk screwing taker)....and it ends up being the Undertaker, he comes in tombstone to Punk, lights go out and he's gone...either Rock pins Punk (then beats Cena if he's still left) or Cena pins Punk (wouldn't like that since he's lost numerous times) and then Rock pins Punk...somehow with Rock walking out with the strap....this sets up wrestlemania of Rock vs. Cena for the title with Cena getting his win back and the title...and Punk vs. Taker, Respect vs. Streak...that way WWE only has 5-6 weeks of house shows without a WWE Title match and don't lose too much money.

Taker win the match at mania, then maybe at extreme rules or the june ppv (since it's in chicago) Punk gets his win back...but I doubt Taker would work a PPV other than Mania...then they find hold over feuds, maybe ryback/punk or bryan/punk off the title...and have the shield mix in here and there...which eventually leads to Punk/Shield/Brad Maddox vs. 5 WWE guys at Survivor Series in a traditional SS match, which would lead to the end of the Shield, but then again WWE can't plan things out that long in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »