Home

NEW PS3 LG FORMING

This is a discussion on NEW PS3 LG FORMING within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
Banned

GatorBait617's Arena

OVR: 3
NEW PS3 LG FORMING

I'm starting a NCAA PS3 LG with rules,rosters & sliders found here on OS I will also be hosting it on OS too. My lg will different I will be using Mr. Nation's Relegation's realignment it will be a fun an exciting lg with great game match ups every wk. I'm looking for 6-12 COACHES that will be active in my lg. My psn is PICHON617 send me PM here or to my psn.

THIS LG IS NOT FOR CHEESIERS ITS FOR SERIOUS GAMERS ONLY

Last edited by GatorBait617; 01-17-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Banned

GatorBait617's Arena

Re: NEW PS3 LG FORMING

League Rules
Rules Appendix
Section 1: Overview, Settings, Advance Times, Rules for Posting in Forums
Section 2: General Gameplay
Section 3: Gameplay Rules
Section 4: Special Rules vs CPU
Section 5: 4th Down Rules
Section 6: Abusive Play
Section 7: Coach Inactivity
Section 8: Scheduling Games vs Opponent
Section 9: Scouting Reports

Section 1

Overview
The rules of the NCAA 13 PS3 AFL are geared towards the sim style player. League
owners can vote to modify rules if a rule change is requested by 4 or more owners via
this site or the league commissioner feels a change should be brought to league owners
for a vote. We believe that sim gameplay and integrity are more important than winning
at any cost. We want to win, but we want to do it the right way. We want sim gameplay
from playcalling to player movement on the field. We do not pad stats and believe in sim
play vs both human and cpu opponents

Settings
-7 minute quarters, 15 sec runoff, All American
-Competitive Sliders

Advance Times
(All times Eastern)
Tuesday 10:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 pm

Rules on Posting in Forums
-You are encouraged to report abusive play or post on any topic league related that you
wish as long as it is expressed in a mature way, void of name calling and cursing. It is
not necessary to curse or name call when expressing yourself in an intelligent manner.

Section 2

Gameplay

User Catching And Switching Defenders
This is a controversial topic and rule but it is a rule. I think that ratings of the players
should matter in games more than the stick skills of users pressing buttons. It makes
roster building more important. It makes individual player match ups in games matter
more. It makes you better as a QB because you have to make better reads. I would
think purists would understand that.
User Catch Rule (offense)- You are not to switch on a receiver while a pass is in the air.
A pass play should not be a battle of stick skill but instead be a test of ratings between
the receiver and the defender. User Catching on offense will result in a ban from this
site regardless of how long you have been a member.

Defense Switch Rule-Like on offense, you are not to switch defenders while a pass is in
the air. Once a receiver has the ball in his hands, you can then switch. If the ball is
thrown near the defender that you started the play with, then you can use that player
that you are still controlling to attempt a User Interception. The idea of the rule should
be not to have a battle of stick skills, but instead to let the players ratings take care of
some of the action on the field. Failing to follow will result in a ban from this site
regardless of how long you have been a member.?
?
Section 3?
?
Gameplay Rules?
-Your connection should be wired, not wireless and try not to have other things
streaming on your connection.?
-Display good sportsmanship at all times. Do not run up the score if you are up big at
the end of a game. If you are up late in the game, and the game is out of reach, run the
ball to run the clock out and be a good sport.?
?
-You should not milk the play clock. Most snaps should occur with 10 seconds or more
left on the play clock. There will be adjustments some time that prevent that from
happening but you should understand what I mean. You should not milk the clock until
the game is under 3 minutes left in the 4th qtr.?
?
-You should not milk the play clock in first half until inside the 2 minute warning in the
2nd qtr.?
?
-If your opponent is still using timeouts, you are not expected to just let him back in the
game. If he has not given up or conceded defeat, you should not either.?
?
-If your opponent is not stopping the clock with a timeout, run the ball and get the game
over. Nothing more frustrating then getting beat down and then having someone trying
to run up score or compile stats.?
?
-Play in a style that is true to your team. If you have a pocket QB, use him as a pocket
QB,?
?
-We are not going to dictate to a player about frequency of running and passing. If you
know what a player is going to do, then you should be able to stop it. However, owners
should try to include a little of pass and run in their offense. 80 or 90 percent of one or
other is not an attempt to play realistic football . There will be games where you pass a
lot more than you run. It should not be that way all the time.?
?
-If you are someone who blitzes every play or virtually every play, you will not last long
here. It is not realistic. You should not blitz more than 50 percent of the time.?
?
-Any player manually moved pre snap should be the player you control for that play.
Defensive Lineman or Cornerbacks should not be manually moved before the snap.
The only movement for defensive lineman pre-snap should be what is done while using
shift feature. (You can move a LB only if you are lining him with a WR, only against
someone in WR position to show some sort of coverage against that WR and any player
that is manually moved must be the player that the user stays with until the ball is
snapped) Defensive linemen should never be manually moved pre snap.?
?
-The Safety can be manually moved before the snap as long as you control that player
for that play and the movement is in a SIM style.?
?
-Any player that is manually moved must be the player that the user stays with until the
ball is snapped. Movements should only be forward or backward. Do not move your
safety on the line and do not move him to the other side of the field manually.?
?
-Player movement after the snap should be realistic. Running all over the field (ball
hawking) is not allowed, and is not sim. Defenders play lanes, zones or man on a
receiver. They don't run around aimlessly because an NFL QB would pick that apart. All
movements after the snap should be done in a fluid, sim fashion.?
?
-Players should not be manually moved pre-snap on kicking attempts, this includes punt
returns as well?
?
-Glitch plays will not be allowed?
?
-No huddle should not be used in first half with more than 1:30 remaining?
?
-QB Sneak is not allowed?
?
-When at the LOS, offensive user is only allowed to use fake snap count once per play.
Multiple fake snaps are not allowed?
?
-Goal line offense and defense formations should only be used inside your opponents
10 yard line?
?
-Fakes on FG, XP, or Punt attempts are not allowed at any time.?
?
-Surprise onside kicks are not allowed at any time?
?
-Onside kicks are only allowed in the 4th qtr when down by 9 or more points with less
than 5 minutes left and when losing anytime in the 4th qtr with 3 minutes or less. It is
common sense.?
?
Section 4?
?
Special Rules vs CPU?
ALL RULES THAT YOU OBSERVE VS HUMAN OPPONENTS SHOULD BE
OBSERVED VS CPU OPPONENT.?
?
-You do not get to restart any game vs CPU for any reason without approval from the
commish and you must also provide a pic of the screen to even be considered, and
even then, you may not be allowed to restart. That means if you begin the game, if you
quit or you are DC'd for any reason, then the game must be simmed. If we see games
vs CPU started multiple times, you will be removed from the league.?
?
-One of the most important things to remember is to play sim vs the cpu as well as your
human opponents. If you are blowing a team out, bring in your back ups. Do not pad
stats. That is not realistic, totally not a sim action. We monitor box scores each week.?
?
-You must remove starters at QB and HB any time you are up by 21 or more points vs
CPU. If the CPU cuts the lead back to less than 21, you can put those starters back in.?
?
-No HB should go over 200 yds rushing vs CPU. HB must be benched vs cpu once
reaching 200 yds. ?
?
-You are not allowed to blitz vs CPU at anytime when up by 21 or more points.?
?
-You should not win any game vs CPU by more than 24 points. This includes super
simming games. This means that you must do whatever it takes to prevent your team
from beating the CPU by more than 24 points. (running out of bounds on obvious
scores, kneeling early in the game, WHATEVER it takes)?
?
-You should do whatever you can to keep your team's score less than 40 points in
games you are winning big (20 or more points). We do not want to see 40 and 50 point
games for a team vs CPU. It makes the league look bad and it makes you look like
someone who exploits the CPU, which is a violation of our rules.?
?
-The same rules that apply vs humans apply vs cpu. If I see in box scores that you won
by 30 or 40 points and you are not trying to run out clock and using backups, I will boot
you without even asking you about it. You will be banned from the league and will be
banned from this site. It will be obvious which owners are trying to pad stats and not
abiding by the rules. I will not give second chances. You will be banned.?
?
-If it is clear that you are padding a particular player's stats then we will ban that player
for a period of time in order to get the stats under control and back to normal. The
player would have to be released to FA pool to ensure he is not playing. No other team
can sign the suspended player from FA pool. You will get to place him back on your
roster once the suspension is served.?
?
-All of the above rules are common sense. It is not our fault if you do not possess
common sense. You will be removed for violating our rules.?
?
Section 5?
?
Rules for 4th Down?
?
4th Down Rules vs Human?
-You should not got for it on 4th down when winning?
-4th Down Rules vs Human- When it is ok to go for it?
-4th and inches: In your opponent's territory (HB or FB dive, QB sneak, not allowed in
this situation)?
-4th and 1: Only when losing by 9 or more points in the 4th quarter. (HB or FB dive, QB
sneak, not allowed in this situation)?
-4th and 2 and winning: Should never go for it on 4th down and winning.?
-4th and 2 and losing: Anytime in 4th quarter you are down by 10 or more points or
anytime in 4th qtr when you are down by 9 or more with less than 5:00 remaining.?
-4th and 3 or more: You should punt or kick on 4th and 3 or more unless you are losing
by 10 or more points in the 4th quarter or you are losing and there are 5 minutes or less
left in 4th qtr.?
?
4th Down Rules vs CPU?
-The only time it is acceptable for you to go for it on 4th down vs cpu is when trailing by
9 or more points in the 4th quarter. Any other time is considered abuse.?
?
Sim players know how and when you should and should not go for it on 4th down.
Rarely do NFL teams go for it on 4th and more than 1 unless losing late. I am leaving it
up to the owners to police each other and post on site any abuses so we can remove
owners who do not play in a sim style and you will be removed from the league. Owners
who are reported multiple times may be banned from league. Box scores will be
checked to make sure you are not abusing the CPU.?
?
Section 6?
?
Abusive Play?
-Abusive play should be reported to the Commissioner via a PM. A copy of the
complaint will be sent to the alleged abusive owner and it will put in the Owners File
thread.?
?
-Report abusive play when you win and when you lose so your complaints are not
mistaken for being a sore loser.?
?
Disconnecting/Quitting?
-Intentionally disconnecting from a game will result in being banned.?
?
-In the event that one owner has been disconnected because of server issues, game
should be stopped and restarted. Do not finish vs CPU to get a cheap win unless the
circumstances of the game call for you to continue which should be approved by
Commissioner first.?
?
-Quitting during a game can result in a ban.?
?
-You only get to start a game vs CPU 1 time. That means if you begin the game, if you
quit or you are DC'd for any reason, then the game must be simmed. If we see games
vs CPU started multiple times, you will be removed from the league.?
?
-If you have an abuse issue, you should make your opponent aware of the issue in case
he is unaware he is violating a rule and contact the Commissioner as well, but just
quitting it not acceptable. Pause the game and meet in our league forum to discuss. I
will not hesitate in removing anyone displaying this childish behavior from our league.?
?
Section 7?
?
Owner Inactivity?
-Any owner who is inactive and fails to play his game without any contact with
commissioner may be dropped from his team.?
?
-Also, inactivity on league site can result in loss of ownership?
?
-Any owner who is inactive on psn or league site for 72 hours (3 days) and has not
contacted commissioner, could then lose their team.?
?
-Any owner who quits league without notifying Commissioner is not eligible to return?
?
Section 8?
?
Scheduling Games vs Opponent?
-Owners need to set up a time to play and post in forum. If one owner fails to show for
game without notifying opponent or the commissioner after agreeing to time is subject to
losing his team. If neither owner has attempted to schedule game in the scheduling
forum on this site then game will be simulated an both owners are subject to suspension
or being banned.?
?
-Games should be scheduled on league site and should be scheduled to start by 9:00
pm on advance days during the week to ensure we can advance at 9:00 pm on Tuesday
and Thursday. Games on Sunday should be scheduled by 9:15 pm for the advance time
of 10:00pm. (All times Eastern)?
?
-Please add all owners to your friends list on psn so you can see when each other is on.?
??
Section 9?
?
Scouting Reports?
?
-Owners are required to do scouting reports on opponents. Reports should detail
opponents habits on offense and defense. They only take 30-60 seconds to complete.
These reports are vital to keeping our league clean from exploits and cheap play. ?
?
-Owners must complete at least 2 scouting reports in a 7 day period. Owners failing to
take the time to do this will be suspended or banned.?
?
Section 10?
Recruiting?
?
-The number of scholarships you should award each year should be based on the
number of Senior Class players are on your roster during that current season and then
add 5 to whatever your number of Seniors are, and that should get you to your number
of scholarships. (Example: you have 12 Seniors on your roster, add 5 to that, 12+5=17,
you can add 17 scholarship players to your team via recruiting.

Last edited by GatorBait617; 01-18-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

LOL. What a terrible set of rules. You're basically taking the skill of the gamer out. Why not just sim the games?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
Rookie

lootskywalker's Arena

OVR: 0

noone will join this league these rules suck
Old 01-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #5
Rookie

djmtott's Arena

OVR: 0

I was thinking of joining, but I think I need to get my lawyer to look over this contract first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2013, 04:03 AM   #6
Banned

GatorBait617's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmtott
I was thinking of joining, but I think I need to get my lawyer to look over this contract first.
What is ur psn I will send u invite

Teams taken/BAMA/Oregon/Ohio st

Waiting on for more invite answers so choose ur team quick
Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait617
What is ur psn I will send u invite

Teams taken/BAMA/Oregon/Ohio st

Waiting on for more invite answers so choose ur team quick
He's joking bro.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #8
Banned

GatorBait617's Arena

I'm starting a NCAA PS3 LG with rules,rosters & sliders found here on OS I will also be hosting it on OS too. My lg will different I will be using Mr. Nation's Relegation's realignment it will be a fun an exciting lg with great game match ups every wk. I'm looking for 6-12 COACHES that will be active in my lg. My psn is PICHON617 send me PM here or to my psn.

THIS LG IS NOT FOR CHEESIERS ITS FOR SERIOUS GAMERS ONLY[/quote]

NEED 3-4 MORE GOOD COACHS

TEAMS TAKE OHIO ST, OREGON, BAMA, LSU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »