Home

Website updates: promising and frustrating

This is a discussion on Website updates: promising and frustrating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Website updates: promising and frustrating

EA has quietly been adding functionality to their OD web interface. Now you can redshirt players, cut players, and even do position changes from the web. That's great...except for the parts where those things don't work!

In particular, I've been frustrated to find that changing the positions of athletes doesn't work on the web. I've successfully shifted around several other players, and the interface gives you the information you want. But, when I request a position change for an ATH, he doesn't change. Frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
Rookie

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9
it does change. It just doesn't show up on the website. But when you log on from the console it does show that the athlete has changed positions

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Website updates: promising and frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBo513
it does change. It just doesn't show up on the website. But when you log on from the console it does show that the athlete has changed positions
Ahhh...that's good to know. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

It does work, but it's strange how it works.

Yes, the position changes will change their position for an ATH even though it doesn't show on the web.

It will NOT reflect the change to overall/position on the web if the rating they are moving to is the same as their overall as an ATH.

It WILL change their position/overall if the number is lesser or greater than their overall before changing.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

They need to fix the recruiting piece to show much exactly you are ahead/behind.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd689
It does work, but it's strange how it works.

Yes, the position changes will change their position for an ATH even though it doesn't show on the web.

It will NOT reflect the change to overall/position on the web if the rating they are moving to is the same as their overall as an ATH.

It WILL change their position/overall if the number is lesser or greater than their overall before changing.
Wow. That's strange.

At least they now have updated the site so that you can do all the offseason stuff that needs to get done, including position changes, cutting players, redshirts, etc.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Frustrating is absolutely the right word. There is so much potential with the website that I even started an OD with just one team so I could use it, but it is so buggy, slow and inconsistent it ended up just not being worth using.

They really, really need a one person "Online Dynasty" option where you don't have to be connected while you're playing on the console, and you can upload your dynasty to the server when you want and then download it back when you're done doing whatever you want on the website. It'd be really easy to cheese but it's one-player so that's not a problem. Nothing you couldn't do with a regular one person dynasty anyway.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Frustrating is absolutely the right word. There is so much potential with the website that I even started an OD with just one team so I could use it, but it is so buggy, slow and inconsistent it ended up just not being worth using.
SLOW is the most important part of why it is frustrating. I've found Safari seems to process things more quickly than Google Chrome, but it's all slow. Too much concern for fancy looks and not enough for usability.

Still, it's come a long way since the game's release and the site's initial release in NCAA 11. It still has a long way to go, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »