Home

NBA 2K14 Crew Mode:Bring This Mode Back!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Crew Mode:Bring This Mode Back! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Icon6 NBA 2K14 Crew Mode:Bring This Mode Back!

Ronnie Singh, 2K Sports Digital Marketing Manager, said (via Twitter):
Ronnie 2K 2K13
@Ronnie2K
Erick Boenisch confirms no Crew mode in
#NBA2K13 - ussportsdownunder.com/nba/play/nba-2…

18 Sep 12
Ronnie 2K 2K13
@Ronnie2K
My thoughts- I played Crew mode a lot in
#NBA2K11, really love that mode. But it was broken & if dev doesn't think it's ready, then it's not

18 Sep 12
Ronnie 2K 2K13
@Ronnie2K
Dev completely rebuilt online 2K12 & you can see progress. Hoping to take another step this yr. We can't put out a broken crew mode again

18 Sep 12
Ronnie 2K 2K13
@Ronnie2K
All the dev guys love that mode and know you do too. I am sure it'll return eventually, but dev determined it was simply not ready this year

18 Sep 12

Is it too early in the development process to request Crew Mode to be included in the next installment(NBA 2k14 and Beyond) of This franchise? Clearly the people want this mode back, and it's definitely in My honest opinion the best mode ever created in sports gaming.

Here's my take on it:

If i play MYCareer and work on my Myplayer, theres not much to do with him once he gets to an overall 99. That Blacktop mode with the myplayer was ok, but it had its limitations. I actually prefer the MyPlayer Pickup Games over the Blacktop because it was actually 5 vs 5 compared to this watered down 3 vs 3.

The MyCrew Mode allowed us ballers who enjoyed playing online competitively a chance to go against other crews of made up Myplayers with our own unique flavor. We could choose our own Jersey colors, Team Logos and band together with friends to compete for the best team online. We used to say online was the future...Well the future is NOW!

I, along with a great number of OS community members have awaited 2 LONG years for this mode to make its return. Although i understand you guys over at 2k sports might feel that crew mode was broken, 2 years is too long to Omit a mode as fantastic as that. Whatever you guys do, please fix what you think is broken with this mode, and give us a LOT more OPTIONS when you bring CREW MODE BACK.

My Crew Playoffs
My Crew ALL-Star Games
My Crew Player of the week/Month
Update Leaderboards for crew Daily
Allow us total Customization for crew mode(From Multiple Home & Away Jerseys, Home and away socks/Shoes..etc)
Introduce a new option like MYSTADIUM or MY Arena:
a)Allow us to Design our Home Court from the Team Logo, to where advertisements are placed, to lighting of Our Court...TOTAL CUSTIMIZATION.
B)Give us a wager system based upon who Wins. Say for example, At the starting Line Up screens Both team captains Place a wager(VC) on how much they want to place on the outcome of the match.

Team A =100 VC
Team B= 100 VC

The winner takes all, and depending on If you wanna spin on it, apply Dynamic Goals within Crew Matches to multiply the pverall VC earned during that match.

C)Introduce MY Rivals-Every so often in Crew Matches, I'd actually meet up with someone really good. I might have even seen them somewhere on the leaderboards. Anyway, this mode would allow there to be great Rivalries in Crew Mode. Imagine Losing to someone by a buzzer beater, or being taking out to the shed and having your team blown out by 30 points, or even worse, Someone on the other team going KOBE BRYANT on your *** and going off for 81 points on you? Yeah...This your chance to pay them back and even the odds. You can wager VC as usual, BUT now the stakes are HIGHER. DOuble the VC or nothing at all. THIS IS the future of ONLIne GAMING!!!

Oh yeah, the same way you guys have it where in Mycareer where a team with a losing record has an empty stadium and team with a great record is filled to the stands, apply that in Crew mode as well.

Last But not least...Bring back Shot-Blocking that was so great in NBA 2k10 & NBA 2k11. I don't know where you guys went wrong, but blocking was botched in 2k12' and terribly implemented in 2k13. FIX THIS ASAP.

Also before i forget...The Left stick(XBOX 360) feels labored when moving around. I know this i your first go round with the dribble stick going to the right stick, but PLEASE for god sakes, make it more loose and fluid. It feels so slow when you move left & right..Pulling off dribbles is fine, but if you cant speed burst, or run out of those dribbles moves, whats the point?

One last thing....Stop nerfing the Jumpshots, the steal animations and foul calls through patches. They usually are fine on release date, but you guys over at 2k sports always find a way to mess this up...Im a die hard fan and I along wth a plethora of Community members pray that you read this and don't mess these up next year and moving forward....And FOR GOD SAKES ALLOW US TO SAVE ONLINE SETTINGS AND PLAYBOOKS FOR CREW AND ALL OTHER MODES.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Crew Mode:Bring This Mode Back!

I Agree With Mostly Everything Said Above!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
You all know that MyCareer Blacktop was a setup to see if someone could "hack it" and look at where we're at. No hacks, but now VC buyers are basically the hackers if they abuse the crap out of it. some myCareers can 7'6 centers with great shooting stats, maxed speed, and all this level 3 skills with Adidas gear. If we don't get to buy VC, it makes Crew a bit fair and last time I heard for NBA players, you have to earn your way into the court. Not buy into it.

Also, great ideas!

An idea I have is that we have a mode in Crew to like a "NBA 2K14: myCREW Challenge" we have like a year long season til the playoff starts and 16 of the top ranked crews play each other like IRL and have seeding like RL (Alternating "East" and "West") and we have the playoffs and best Crew member wins $20,000 like the $1,000,000 MLB 2K Perfect Game challenge. (for both Xbox and PS3)

Last edited by MarvinOida; 01-15-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

OVR: 0

No way they should bring it back until they balance the offense and defense. Could you imagine if they had crew this year? Just imagine all of the cheese that goes on in myteam and quick ranked matches but 100x worst because maxed out ratings. Since you can purchase VC EVERYONE is going to be maxed out from day 1 with the cheesiest sig skill combinations.

It would be a 3 point/eurostep glitch, spin, up and under, dunk, turbo, reach in fest.

In 2k11 it was MUCH easy to stop pple from cheesing and to punish them when they dont play smart basketball.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #5
Chi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
No way they should bring it back until they balance the offense and defense. Could you imagine if they had crew this year? Just imagine all of the cheese that goes on in myteam and quick ranked matches but 100x worst because maxed out ratings. Since you can purchase VC EVERYONE is going to be maxed out from day 1 with the cheesiest sig skill combinations.

It would be a 3 point/eurostep glitch, spin, up and under, dunk, turbo, reach in fest.

In 2k11 it was MUCH easy to stop pple from cheesing and to punish them when they dont play smart basketball.
True true, but anything and everything that can be abused, would be abused in the future anyway. If 2k14 lowered the cheese of some things in this game, people would find the next best thing...They wouldn't be able to prevent it.

I'd like to see it make a return, and i'm sure it will...Maybe not in 2k14, but maybe 15? Next gen consoles anyone?

I rather them keeping working on the online and have it down before they put crew back in though, maybe they can put a 5v5 blacktop to hold players over?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi

I'd like to see it make a return, and i'm sure it will...Maybe not in 2k14, but maybe 15? Next gen consoles anyone?

I rather them keeping working on the online and have it down before they put crew back in though, maybe they can put a 5v5 blacktop to hold players
over?
Just so you know, The Wii U is already out. The Next generation systems are dropping THIS YEAR(Sony & Microsoft respectively) So, NO, i don't believe we should wait another 2 years for crew mode to make its return. Two years is long enough to figure out what works, what doesn't work, and what can be improved, in an otherwise awesome game mode. I'm sure(If you're on XBOX 360) You all noticed the glitches as far as the 8ft point guards, or the 25 ft point guards. No? how about the Hop step abuse, or the pump fake foul spam? How about running left, running right, then running left again, just to get open?How about Unstoppable drifters? Well if 2Ksports addresses these issues, along side a myriad of other things people tend to notice from 2k11, then maybe we might have ourselves a great game.

Also, How is having a 5 vs 5 Myplayer blacktop a substitute for crew? Crew actually meant something. It was unique in its own right...i wanna hit game winners, buzzer beaters, I'd Love to hear the crowd chant M V P...M ..V..P while i'm at the free throw line sinking clutch buckets to put my team ahead for good. I want the ref to call fouls when I'm going to the paint, not just watch people spam the X button(Xbox360) and get away with murder. I dont wanna be on the "Ringers" or the "Ballers". They sound so cheesy. reminds me of the old MTV Rock n Jock Basketball games..Those were so terrible.. For those of you too young to remember, an easy search on youtube will get you up to speed....matter of fact, hold on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkTIeTGZpbQ

Yeah, that's pretty much what the Myplayer blacktop has become. Come on 2K? Lets get back to 2k1o & 2k11 My player Pick up games. Regular 5 vs 5 basketball and if you're gonna bring in an announcer, at least get the legit dude from the rucker EBC. Not this cheesy dude screaming.."Hey, you over there...is That BLing on your neck? THat dude is SHINING" or "FUEGOOOOOO" ugh....get rid of him ASAP!!!!

any and all positive feedback to this thread is welcome. Come on guys, add your comments to this, so we can make sure that Developers dont "FORGET" about crew mode. Simply put, We will not fall for the okie doke this year...BRING BACK CREW MODE.PERIOD.

Last edited by Mrleaderboards; 01-15-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Just some things I would like for a future Crew mode:

- If a human player fouls out of the game, he should be kicked out of the game. Period. He should not be allowed to just take control of the human CPU. That would punish people who just want to reach all game. Also, lower the maximum fouls to five, seeing as most games will be five minutes per quarter.

- Show the playart if we decide to call plays. Don't just show a bunch of flashing clear circles. Also, give us the option whether we want to see the play art or not. Some of us might be able to run our offense more fluidly if we just see what play is being called and just get into our positions.

- Give us the option to choose our inbound plays in a timeout.

- MOST IMPORTANT POINT: DO NOT let people take their offline MyPlayers online. I think this is what you were planning anyway, but this is just a reminder. All Crew players should all start off with the same low ratings. How should they be allowed to improve them? Well that brings me onto my next point, which is almost as important.

- 2nd MOST IMPORTANT POINT: DO NOT allow people to buy skill points or VC to make their crew player better. Not only does this mean that ppl shouldn't be allowed to use real money to make their players better, they shouldn't be allowed to use SP or VC they've earned from other modes. In fact, SP should NOT exist in this mode, and VC should only be used to buy player accessories (none of which you should provide any silly boost like getting Jordan shoes shouldn't give you +10 Dunk or Speed).

The ONLY WAY your player should be able to get better is through games, and to a MUCH lesser extent, pick up games. Each player should be able to choose their player's height, weight etc., but NOT their playstyle. All PGs should be given exactly the same stats, same with SGs, SF's etc.

Physical stats should be COMPLETELY randomised. In fact if it were up to me, I would have Crew be split into two modes, Arcade and Sim. On Sim, even your height and weight, etc. should be randomised, because in real life, you can't just arbitrarily choose your height and weight, can you?

The way the player should be able to increase his stats is to do particular things in a game, and those things should directly correspond to what stats get increased. So no more of this hitting 10/10 from 3pt and gaining SP to spend on your dunk rating. NO. If you do something like that from 3, you should get something like a +10 3pt rating. FIFA already does this with a "Be a Pro Mode", and WWE does something like this in its career mode, so 2K already has games to copy this idea from.

Ratings should also be able to DECREASE, if you have a series of bad games. The ratings should be DYNAMIC.

Oh yeah, another thing. NO signature skills on this mode WHATSOEVER. It needs to be completely organic. I want the CPU logic to interfere as LITTLE as possible.

This is what Crew mode, in a word, needs to be: COMPETITIVE.

It should not be another dunk and cheesefest. Nearly every online mode on this game is already that. 2K really needs to some original thinking with this mode, and be able to properly implement it on the first try.

There need be no more complaints of people complaining about having to play the CPU when people play off-ball defense, because this time they really will be going 1 on 1.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Another day another unnecessary crew thread...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »