Home

Season Stat Limiting?

This is a discussion on Season Stat Limiting? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Season Stat Limiting?

In our first season of CCM I set really high individual season records for 127 pass td's and 63 sacks.

We are now in year 3 and I have now have more than 127 pass tds and also more than 63 sacks with my guys but it only shows 127 and 63 in the stat totals and it will not let me re-break the record.

Has anyone else seen this?

I know that the numbers are ridiculous, not really the point of the thread. I just don't like what looks like a limit put in place by EA. It seems like EA will only let you get to that high one time, which is ridiculous. Let us play our CCM however we want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Season Stat Limiting?

Try some tougher sliders there bud.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Yea, I expected that response. I play in a CCM with guys who are not the greatest. We play all madden with basically default sliders. If I were to use the more difficult slider sets then most of the guys would get killed and lose interest.

Its also not really the point of the thread
Old 01-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Maizpan's Arena

OVR: 3

The EA programmers probably placed limits on each statistical category in order to conserve memory. When they decided which limits to use they used numbers that are easy for the computer to process. Hence you see.

2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 etc... used alot in programming.

Since computers begin counting at 0, you see 63 as the maximum number of sacks and 127 as the maximum number of TDs. I'm sure all of the statistical categories have their own limits. This is purely theory so if their are any professional programmers out there feel free to correct me.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizpan
The EA programmers probably placed limits on each statistical category in order to conserve memory. When they decided which limits to use they used numbers that are easy for the computer to process. Hence you see.

Since computers begin counting at 0, you see 63 as the maximum number of sacks and 127 as the maximum number of TDs. I'm sure all of the statistical categories have their own limits. This is purely theory so if their are any professional programmers out there feel free to correct me.

Computers also only count up to 1.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

That actually makes a lot of sense
Old 04-19-2019, 08:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

I had just tweeted the EA Madden team about this. I have my stats exported to a website for historical purposes and such. I also added a Records page and for some reason, in Madden the best was 127 TD's but on my website, it was about ~10 higher or so.

I think your theory is true because when I export data, I noticed for example, defIntReturnYds they use 255 for -1 return yard.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:25 AM   #8
Rookie

Yeah, i'd have to agree on this theory, it's something I've noticed frequently too, where the numbers are always one less than those magical computer numbers since it technically starts at 0 not 1.

You'll even see oddities with stats if you were in a franchise and had three years of crazy QB stats like that, you probably won't show up in the career rankings and then when you finally do, it'll list your QB's current season stats only, so say 16 touchdowns from that season you're in, rather than the 400some career touchdowns he has.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »