Home

Madman Sliders - Let Player Attributes Take Over the Game

This is a discussion on Madman Sliders - Let Player Attributes Take Over the Game within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Exclamation Madman Sliders - Let Player Attributes Take Over the Game

So the thought behind this, is these players all have attributes. So what are these gameplay sliders doing, what is their purpose and what do they mean? I figure that they intend well, but they don't mean what it needs to for someone dedicated to playing as authentically as they want. So I took those thoughts while looking at the sliders screen, and I did this:

Check them out on display at its finest, in an example, see what's in store when you put these sliders in your game.

Quote:
NOW FOR MY GRAND FINALE, THIS SHOWCASES MY NEW RATINGS BASED DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAY AT ITS FINEST ALONG WITH AMAZING PULL HITTING PHYSICS FROM ROLLINS WHOSE DOUBLED ME UP ONCE AGAIN *DAILY DOUBLE* *DAILY DOUBLE* . JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH FOR YOUR SELF
http://youtu.be/k4Jnjw-3GZ8
I chronicled my entire first experience with this new gameplay and have composed a blog all about the change I felt and observations I saw in this game.

I want you guys who dare to and are brave enough, to try it yourselves as well and I'd love to see the feedback about this. The result I've seen is groudbreaking and it even addresses some key inquiries and wishes I've seen asked about for the up-coming release of MLB 13' The Show. I hope other people see it the way I have, please let me know what you think. Even if you can't play them physically just going off what you have been able to observe, what do you think, and do you have any questions or tests you want to see made of these..

madman sliders with pitcher fx (pitcher fx version recommended)
*note: Hitting Difficulty: Legend , Pitching Difficulty: Legend (for my testing)*

Human Contact: 0
Human Power: 0
Quote:
(to date after 1 night of testing, Freddie Freeman has 1HR @ HOU, R. Howard had a near HR @ Citi Bank http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqMpUAqlEac)
Human Timing: 0
Stride Difficulty: 5 (default)
Human Foul Frequency: 0
Human Solid Hits: 0
Human Starter Stamina: 0 - formerly 5
Human Reliever Stamina: 0 - formerly 5
Human Pitcher Control: 0
Human Pitcher Consistency: 0

CPU Contact: 0
CPU Power: 0
CPU Timing: 0
CPU Foul Frequency: 0
CPU Solid Hits: 0
CPU Starter Stamina: 0 - formerly 5
CPU Reliever Stamina 0 - formerly 5
CPU Pitcher Control: 0
CPU Pitcher Consistency: 0
CPU Pitcher Frequency: 0*
Quote:
I had this 5 on my first testing, I'm just now putting 0. It controls pitcher success at first pitch strikes. I believe that all pitchers aim for first pitch strikes so I'm not going to grant them this enhancement.
CPU Manager Hook: 5 (default)
CPU Pickoffs: 7 (how many times they check on a runner)

Pitch Speed: 5 (formerly on 6)
Fielding Errors: 7
Throwing Errors: 7
Fielder Run Speed: 0
Fielder Reaction: 0
Fielder Arm Strength: 0
Baserunner Speed: 0
Quote:
(Rollins stole 3rd base from me under these settings, it's just taking enhancement away from player attributes already in the game)

"2-2 SWING AND MISS, STRIKE THREE BUT ! ROLLINS STOLE THIRD!

OK , I DIDN'T REMEMBER IF I CHANGED ANY BASERUNNING SLIDERS. AND I DID! I SET BASERUNNER SPEED - 0. WELL HE ****IN STOLE 3RD BASE SO I DONT SEE A ****IN PROBLEM WITH IT DO YOU?! (I KEPT STEAL ABILITY AND STEAL FREQUENCY TO DEFUALT - 5)"
http://youtu.be/yy7r6vatXqI
Baserunner Steal Ability: 5 (default)
Baserunner Steal Frequency: 5 (default)

Wind: 7
Injury Frequency: 8 ( I waffle, 7 - 8 i may even go 9 and 10 someday, put it wherever you want)

Enjoy, and I recommend you keep the pitcher fx, it's not so bad at all. If you don't want them, leave everything default for the pitchers, except, pitch speed - 6 and cpu pickoffs - 7.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 07-29-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Officialy changing pitch speed from 6 to 5 + Pitch & Relief Stamina from 5 to 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

Re: Madman Sliders - Let Player Attributes Take Over the Game

just knocked out a Batting Practice HR with Starlin Castro, WOW lol

it feels so fluid

edit -

I just watched Hanley steal 2nd on Matt Garza, buy a fingertip (if that), but thats an ode to the Baseruning sliders I haven't seen an issue or irregularity yet.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 01-14-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

What is pitcher fx?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

I initially didn't tinker with pitcher sliders, I went back and saw they actually recommended adjusting them if you changed the batting, so pitcher fx is the sliders for pitching that I've set to 0.

After setting them to zero I saw a dramatic difference in pitching. User and CPU will stray in accuracy further than they will on default. You may see an errant pitch or two and certainly, the potential of seeing more pitches in the dirt is higher (curveballs, changeups and such).

It feels superbly ratings based, because I controlled Ted Lilly and his sliders and curveballs + location of FBs were on point. His drawback being that he's not a powerful pitcher and can get lined up. While controlling a 21 y/o Jordan Lyles, Houston Astros, just as I've seen on tv his slider, while decent, is unpredictable. And you can't count on it for strikes, but more so for fooling a hitter

That effect that gameplay sliders had on the pitcher, coupled with the batting adjustments, you get people out just as much with your unpredictability as you can with your pinpoint accuracy. And it levels the playing field very much both in batting and in pitching, while at the same time giving the very most realistic gameplay that I've ever experienced.

I hope this will be easy to transfer to MLB 13 and I will definately have HD gameplay footage to display and hopefully show the clear distinction I see from the default gameplay compared to mine.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 01-14-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Just wanted to say I really like where you're headed with these. I've been using them for the last week or so in everything from Exhibition games to RTTS mode.

Control-wise I use Zone hitting and Meter pitching. I've also watched a number of CPU/CPU games.

The batting side especially, really is a thing of beauty.

For those looking at these and balking at all of the 0's, I still see at least one homer nearly every game. Poor pitching will still get crushed. I've been no doubted by true power guys like Dunn in my Cubs franchise and I've been killed by AA jobbers in my RTTS.

Personal tweaks I've made based on what Ive witnessed the past week:

I've moved Injuries from 8 down to 6. Games with 2 or 3 injuries each were becoming commonplace.

I also moved Pitch Control and Pitch Consistency up one 1 on both sides, as I felt I was seeing quality pitching staffs walking 8-9 batters a too often.

Other things I'm continuing to watch are Fielding/Throwing Errors (I feel like I'm watching High School ball a little too often) and Strike Frequency (Quality staffs are barely getting a 50% ball/strike ratio and I'd like to see that up just a bit.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

oh man, thanks that means alot, I've been wondering if I'm the only one noticing how beautiful this is. I'm glad its working for you, I think at any level players can use these settings and enjoy the differences. It's an enhancement of gameplay more so than harder to play, but it does raise difficulty by a little bit, no matter which level your playing on.

I would certainly suggest aiding the pitch consistency slider, especially in minor leagues, if someone sees that as an issue. But certainly not by much. At it's default 5, it felt that pitchers, human and cpu, were almost entitled to throw strikes when they needed one, and I was forced to foul it off or put it in play, or worse take a strikeout. these are called madman sliders by the way, so the science isn't the mostexact,

I'm doing testing to gear and fully be ready for MLB 13's experience and this is a great base to start with. I'm already open to aiding pitcher consistency up 1 notch as you did, just to give the integrity of realism a safety net. Thus far out of nearly a dozen games and thus over 20 pitchers I've only once seen the excessive 8 or 9 walks done by Josh Johnson, while his counterpart Matt Garza had no issues. I've seen other pitchers like Travis Wood, Chris Medlen, Lucas Harrell have normal, or very good games. However, that doesn't factor in true minor leaguers, and what may happen to them. I'll be eager to go in soon and see what their gameplay is like, however I should expect mistakes in some areas from them because they're not MLB.

I think the consistency slider I'm very open to adjusting, I think its primary function is the effort to get in the strike zone. Pitcher control, is what has the most effect on pitchers execution and I relinquished that to attribute ratings only by tuning that slider all the way to 0.

Overall from a defensive point of view I've seen a wide variety of pitching and defense which makes the game very fun, expanding the possibilities of things to occur in the game. With that said, I've yet to see any crazy errors, or one statistical Wild Pitch, Human or CPU, I've seen one passed ball, CPU (Wellington Castillo). I've still seen good throws from the defense, yet nothing out of the ordinary good or bad. I still have testing to do, but so far after a week or so of this, I'm more pleased than ever with the way this game is playing.

edit -- and certainly, I've not experienced that craziness with the injuries that you have, I've had just one so far in all games played to this point. But that slider can definately be changed however you see fit, I've yet to fully grip which number for that slider is best for me, it's kind of hard to make someone get injured in baseball.. believe it or not.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 01-19-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like the concept of thes. Any thoughts on how this might do in Manage Only Mode?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I LOVE the concept of these sliders but I wouldn't recommend using these sliders for RTTS, especially if it's a new RTTS and your stats are low. I gave it a shot to see how well I would do with my new RTTS Right Fielder and I watched my batting average drop from .380 to .280. I'll probably be using these for my franchise teams but not for my NEW RTTS guys.

But again,

I love the concept.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »