Home

Ambition for a trainer

This is a discussion on Ambition for a trainer within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ambition for a trainer

I just started a franchise with the redskins and the trainer has all discounted special skills. How do you get the discount skills for the trainer. Is there something you need to do or buy for him to get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Ambition for a trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramz43
I just started a franchise with the redskins and the trainer has all discounted special skills. How do you get the discount skills for the trainer. Is there something you need to do or buy for him to get it.
It's Ambition-it discounts the cost for special skills. I think you just luck in to getting it for trainers-I see no way to purchase Ambition for trainers. You can only buy it for head coaches and coordinators.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

you'll find some position coaches have it too. Don't remember ever seeing it on a trainer. If Ian baker has it, I'll have to take your word for it.

I'm pretty sure it's a flag on all coaches (it would make sense, they're likely implemented in the programming as inherited classes based on on one master coach class), but it's not available to purchase for anybody but coordinators and the HC.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Rookie

I wonder if you have to purchase something for your head coach or for your coordinator to make your trainer get ambition even though he does not have it in his special skills.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
Rookie

I don't believe it's something you can acquire ingame through any known process. either the coach comes with it, or he doesn't.

in the case of a positional coach, if they didn't come with it (most don't, but a few do), you can in theory promote them to coordinator and buy it then, but you can't demote them back to positional coach (not directly anyway) so it doesn't really matter.

Since you can do neither with a trainer (or GM, though I've never heard of an ambitious GM, now I wonder if there might not be one), he either comes with it, or he never gets it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Well i just got done with my first year with the redskins and all i need is the last special skill for my trainer. I got the first 3 in my first year
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
Rookie

you must have had a whole lot of injuries on that team. like, a WHOLE lot. I've found that in my franchises, my trainers usually end up getting one, MAYBE two extra skills above and beyond what they came with. they just don't generate points. I've had a guy get injured for 8 weeks or something, trainer gets 100 points out of it. maybe. guy gets injured for 2 weeks, trainer maybe doesn't get anything. Or it's so small that I can't tell it from nothing. I don't know, it progresses so slow I don't even notice. I usually make a point of hiring the best trainer I can and then ignoring it because advancement is so slow.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
Rookie

Well what i did i fixed my roster and load is at the pre-season screen. I put have all injury prone guys like 60 and below. If i put a guy on ir i just sign another guy that is 60 and below and just wait It worked perfectly. Doing the same this year i have 4 guys on ir right now and i need 12,750 for my last special skill. Ill have it by the end of the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »