Home

Old 01-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Regression?

Does anyone know how intangible regression works? Is it based on performance? Downs played?

For instance, in my online CCM, my feature HB just lost a few points in CTH and BCV, as well as a point in CAR. He is in his mid 20's and had an average season stat wise.

Anyone figured this system out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Regression?

hmmmm, no ideas?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #3
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

I think if a player doesn't meet their season goal, they'll regress slightly.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

That sucks if you dont play full quarters. Your stats are always down on the rest of the league and those targets are nearly impossible to hit.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetuonz
That sucks if you dont play full quarters. Your stats are always down on the rest of the league and those targets are nearly impossible to hit.
This. This is really bumming me out. My online CCM doesn't do long quarters. My defensive players, especially, will never hit those targets. 120 Tackles? Try 60.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

I've seen it a few times. In my CCM one of my RG's was an 89 after the season when I progress all my players, and then when I advanced to the offseason he dropped to an 87. Makes sense, he had like 1 pancake and 8 sacks. I planned on trading him anyway so it didn't really bother me.

I've also seen the opposite where players progress even more after I manually do it so you have nothing to worry about it. For a while I was worried no players ever regressed.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #7
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

I am not sure if regression is tied to season goals. I had T.Richardson rush for 1100 yards, he met his goal, yet he lost 1 or 2 points in CAR, BCV and such. Even if it were tied to season goals, it would be stupid, because 90% of players will never meet the season goals. Even with full quarters I can't get a receiver to catch 100 passes. Why would a below average QB need to throw for 35 TDs? 25 rushing TDs are hard to come by, let alone scoring 65 tackles with your DT. OLBs don't even have season goals. What the f***?!

That whole system is stupid.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

They have to meet their FULL season goal (i.e. Level 4), or just advance to Level 2 (which is some fraction of the full goal)?

Even Level 2 will be hard for some, but it might be attainable at least, depending on your setup and personnel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »