Home

How do you stop the TE?

This is a discussion on How do you stop the TE? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Rookie

penacho's Arena

OVR: 0
How do you stop the TE?

How do you stop the TE?

I typically run a 2 man under. If I'm in the 3-4, I'll have the MLB in a shallow zone, if I'm in the 4-3 I'll keep my MLB in man unless he's covering the FB, then I'll put him in a deeper zone.

So far my solution for stopping the TE is to put the MLB in that deep zone, or maybe even a second LB in the deep zone. My other solution is to get out of the 3-4/4-3 and go to Nickel or Dime to get some CBs on the TE.

What do you guys do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How do you stop the TE?

If thats their #1 target, manually with whoever the defender is responsibly for him or that zone. I find its easier to man up on the outside with CPU and Safety help and let the CPU handle that and cover the middle myself. A good player will bear whatever zone you run without enough protection.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:36 AM   #3
Rookie

penacho's Arena

Yeah, I guess the answer is I need to work on my user coverage. Definitely the weakness in my game - rather play DL.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I suggest worrying more about just covering the middle of the field and not a player so much. The TEs work the middle of the field a lot, so playing the middle well should help you achieve what you want.

I like to play as the RE/NT against the computer, and as he Jack Linebacker when I used to play online.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6

find a defensive playbook with the sub formation and put your best cover guy on the TE. Example if Im playing the 49ers I know chances are vernon davis will be a key target so I will go to the sub packages manually sub a good corner or safety and have him matched up on Davis typically they play much better coverage than LBs. bears have sub formation for a 4-3 team and chargers have it for a 3-4 team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersondagreat
find a defensive playbook with the sub formation and put your best cover guy on the TE. Example if Im playing the 49ers I know chances are vernon davis will be a key target so I will go to the sub packages manually sub a good corner or safety and have him matched up on Davis typically they play much better coverage than LBs. bears have sub formation for a 4-3 team and chargers have it for a 3-4 team
THIS^. sub pkgs ftw! putting a CB or good MCV S on that TE.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

Adjusting certain sliders will help the CPU pass it around more than aiming for the TE and HB.

I'll shade the outside of the TE because usually they run an out or post to the sidelines usually. The LB usually covers well on his own when I do that. IF he's lined up on the LoS. If he's in the slot, my LB may get beat for some reason.

I went from having the CPU TE get 8-12 catches a game to 4-6.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #8
Banned

Just play a cb as saftery and user him to stop the CB or pickup a fast MLB and user them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »