Home

Community Day 2013 - Online Modes - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

This is a discussion on Community Day 2013 - Online Modes - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Community Day 2013 - Online Modes - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

Hi Guys,

In keeping with the common theme of the other threads please put all your questions pertaining to the Online modes (Diamond Dynasty, Leagues, Challenge of the week, The Show Live etc.) in this thread. Please arrange your questions in an organized fashion and if you post a question and have another later on, just keep up****** your original post.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Rookie

JLL84's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Community Day 2013 - Online Modes - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

Ok I’ll start maybe a stupid question. I rarely use online; one reason is I hate using the roster with the default batting stances. Will it be possible for us to use edit rosters in online match ups. I’m only strictly speaking of editing stances, motions, cleats, uniforms, etc. Not attributes.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Is COTW still there? Is it going to be the same as last year?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

For DD.

Will they ever add a feature where you will have the ability to play the CPU, while at the same playing another user's team?

NHL 12 had the technology where you could play the CPU, but at the same time, the CPU borrowed some user team that wasn't being used at the time. This allows people who have bad connections or just prefer playing the CPU to level up.

If they didn't add this, will playing the MLB teams controlled by the CPU allow us to level up and gain ratings and stuff for our players? Will we be allowed to be the home team when playing MLB teams? I prefer not to play head to head because of the poor connection. I'd much rather play the CPU.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

wait so the show live is an online feature??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
wait so the show live is an online feature??
Well, if it is what we think it is, you will need to be online to get it.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Online Leagues - Do we have a true online franchise?? Basically everything that the offline franchise offers are we finally able to do in our online leagues which would make leagues a lot more meaningful and worth playing. Trades, drafts, progression, retirement, Free agents, etc.

Trading in MLB 12 with teams at 40 players and making one for one trades that would not go through unless teams were at 39 or less, nice to see this fixed or a prompt to make a necessary move.

Online Playoff mode now that playoff mode has been added?

Injuries that work along with 15/60 Day DL

Custom Cameras available for online?

Russell informed us of the player cyberface changes is this also for online leagues?

Online franchise goals?

Ability to play our online leagues via Vita for those on the go or away from PS3?

Online Co-OP would like to see it expanded to more users would be fun for leagues or community rivalries.

RTTS character available for online play or leagues?

Online HR Derby available from launch?

Will classic stadiums be back for online play?

Has catcher freeze been fixed on a dropped third strike?

Similar to above with the trades and teams at 40 teams if teams have more than 40 players on roster they are still able to play games, but games will not record unless 40 or under. Another prompt will alert teams of this error

Has online graphics been improved? I understand they water it down somewhat for connection purposes, but for those of us that only play online we shouldnt have to suffer

Does host (home team) settings over ride for both users ala catch position indicator off/on and swing/pitch off or on??

Joining leagues from within the game please delete leagues that are at least 30 days past the creation date. I still see leagues created in April and have to scroll through 100 pages of dead leagues.

Last edited by HustlinOwl; 01-08-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Online Leagues - Do we have a true online franchise?? Basically everything that the offline franchise offers are we finally able to to in our online leagues which would make leagues a lot more meaningful and worth playing. Trades, drafts, progression, retirement, Free agents, etc.

Trading in 12 with teams at 40 players and making one for one trades that would not go through unless teams were at 39 or less, nice to see this fixed or a prompt to make a necessary move.

Online Playoff mode now that playoff mode has been added?

More to come watching football

Injuries that work along with 15/60 Day DL

Custom Cameras available for online?

Russell informed us of the player cyberface changes is this also for online leagues?

Online franchise goals?

Ability to play our online leagues via Vita for those on the go or away from PS3?

Online Co-OP would like to see it expanded to more users would be fun for leagues or community rivalries.

RTTS character available for online play or leagues?

Online HR Derby available from launch?

Will classic stadiums be back for online play?

Has catcher freeze been fixed on a dropped third strike?

Similar to above with the trades and teams at 40 teams if teams have more than 40 players on roster they are still able to play games, but games will not record unless 40 or under. Another prompt will alert teams of this error

Has online graphics been improved? I understand they water it down somewhat for connection purposes, but for those of us that only play online we shouldnt have to suffer

Online graphics are a huge one. I only play online and when i see what the game looks like offline the difference is stark. If the network code could be better, or we get true dedicated servers, the grahics wouldn't have to suffer (they dont dk this in any other alorts titles) and maybe the lag and timing would be greatly improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »