Home

How do you Dynasty?

This is a discussion on How do you Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you Dynasty?

A while back pocketscout introduced me to the way he plays his dynasty (plays 4 and Sims the rest). I liked it because it really gives dynasty some realism. I wasn't going undefeated year after year and winning national championship after national championship and scouting became extremely important. However, I felt like all I was doing was recruiting and not really playing. So I have been messing around with a few different ways to dynasty.

- Play only home games (not a big fan)

- Play only the second half (okay but you can't really run your game plan)

- Play only odd or even weeks (haven't done this yet)

I like the play/sim way to dynasty but I was wondering if anyone else had any different ways to play.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How do you Dynasty?

Last year I started playing coach mode and haven't looked back since. I haven't been such a huge powerhouse as when I actually controlled the players. It makes for some very frustrating games since you don't have control of what plays or schemes are being run by the coach on the other side of the ball, but that's what keeps me playing.

I usually start off as a coordinator for a small school and then build myself up to a head coach after my team is shaking up the BCS. I know there are a lot of users on this board that do the same.

Last edited by speedy43; 01-05-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
What is coach mode? Do you play all the games? When you are a head coach do you control both sides of the ball?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
MVP

speedy43's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
What is coach mode? Do you play all the games? When you are a head coach do you control both sides of the ball?

When playing the games, you set the controls to "Coach". You call the plays and can make audibles but after the snap, the players are all CPU controlled. This puts more emphasis on the player ratings than user ability. I still play all the games. If you are the head coach, you control both sides of the ball but if you are a coordinator, you only control the side of the ball you coach. This, of course, is with coaching contracts turned on.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4

The only ones I usually sim are the out of conference games, since those aren't as important unless you have a team that could possibly win a NC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

I usually play all the games at first.
The I play a half, sim a half (usually play first, sim second. Although sim first play second can be fun too!)

Then it becomes sim every game that's a mismatch (I am ranked, they're not, etc) and I am favored.

Eventually at the very end, at least in 2013, all I play are rivalry games, and top 25 opponents (after week 3. I always play first 3 games of the year).
Old 01-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't really play dynasty anymore. I like to be able to choose my opponent, weather condidtions, time of game etc.

*2008* Boston Celtics
*2008* Florida Football
*2017* Florida Baseball
*2018* Boston Red Sox
*2024* Boston Celtics
Old 01-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Once my team becomes pretty good, I only play the OOC games, as those are usually my rival games. I play in a modified relegation dynasty and it's awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »