Home

FOF vs BBCF?

This is a discussion on FOF vs BBCF? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
FOF vs BBCF?

Thinking of picking up a football text sim. Between FOF2007 and Bowl Bound, which would you all recommend? I'm probably a bit more partial to college football, but the pro sim does look really cool. Hard to tell from the demos - what I'm curious about is which one is deeper and more realistic and which one is more fun for online leagues?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: FOF vs BBCF?

We run both over at SGN. Link's in my signature. I'd take a look over there and see which you might enjoy more. Front Office is the OSFL and BBCF is the NCFA. We also play OOTP which is the BLB league. We'll be starting hockey too as soon as it's released.

As for your question, I have both and enjoy BB much more. I like the recruiting aspect and turning over my roster every 4 years keeps my team in my league fresh. You can also make your plans as detailed as you want or there are plenty of ways to just keep it simple.

Both are pretty dated though - but you'll definitely get your money's worth with either.

Last edited by umd; 01-03-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

Meh. Both of these are "okay". Neither are great.

The FOF (College years, I assume?) is a recruiting sim. Very little gameplay.

And Bowl Bound is decent except the actual games provide some goofy results and the presentation is pretty weak.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Front Office Football is probably the best bet for long term play and definitely for online leagues. BBCF is okay, but it's pretty shallow once you get into it - everything is about how well you recruit, and recruiting is pretty much decided by who likes you and who doesn't.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstoy
Front Office Football is probably the best bet for long term play and definitely for online leagues. BBCF is okay, but it's pretty shallow once you get into it - everything is about how well you recruit, and recruiting is pretty much decided by who likes you and who doesn't.
I have to disagree with this. I have been running this for a couple of years, and to a point, it is correct how much a player likes you...but that is only a small part of it. I have landed a couple of players...just because their teammate in HS, or brother decided to play for me.

The majority of this is how well you build your program. I have gone from my first year with only 2 wins to now getting 9-10 wins...and the talent has gotten much better. If you can't win...you are not going to get the 5 star players...and still lose some that you thought was a sure thing. This happen to me last year as I thought I had locked up the #1 RB in the nation...only to lose him to Virginia Tech....this set me back once again.

Take a look at my dynasty in the dynasty section of the forum and take a look at my Tarheels...i give a better breakdown of the game. I haven't played in a few weeks, and just haven't had time to do a write up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »