Home

Try This Custom Camera

This is a discussion on Try This Custom Camera within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon2 Try This Custom Camera

Try these custom cam settings and thank me later

Free Roam Camera

Off. Offset: 0.88
Distance: 86.16
Pitch: 23.96

You'll have a near perfect gameplay cam for especially for Offense and also Defense. It put you right in the game, yet gives a perfect view of the rink and everything you need to know.

edit --

I forgot to mention the other part I love, In this camera, you can see all deflections, shot blocks, you can even see how the puck is rolling, You can see the angles the Goalie is covering or leaving vulnerable, and it'll help you take good shots, better shots..

Last edited by @legendm0de; 01-01-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Try This Custom Camera

Just played a 20 minute period (NSH vs COL) under these settings, combined with my gameplay sliders:

Shots 9 - 5
Time On Attack 2:45 - 2:11
Penalties 2 - 2
FaceOffs 3 - 11

Faceoffs are the hardest to deal with on this angle, because you're usually not close enough, I may zoom in the distance angle to 70-75 to try and get a little closer.

edit -- I've moved distance to 65.96 PErfEckT !

I get in very good position to do faceoffs and for defense, while still keeping the vision I need on the offensive side of the rink. But again, the biggest plus of this camera the proximity to the action, it's very good. Wonder why the devs at EASports, couldn't figure this out, and specialize it, make it the new default camera. I figured it out in like 10 minutes. This makes the enjoyment of the game go up a few more notches

Last edited by @legendm0de; 01-01-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Mikey88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
Just played a 20 minute period (NSH vs COL) under these settings, combined with my gameplay sliders:

Shots 9 - 5
Time On Attack 2:45 - 2:11
Penalties 2 - 2
FaceOffs 3 - 11

Faceoffs are the hardest to deal with on this angle, because you're usually not close enough, I may zoom in the distance angle to 70-75 to try and get a little closer.

edit -- I've moved distance to 65.96 PErfEckT !

I get in very good position to do faceoffs and for defense, while still keeping the vision I need on the offensive side of the rink. But again, the biggest plus of this camera the proximity to the action, it's very good. Wonder why the devs at EASports, couldn't figure this out, and specialize it, make it the new default camera. I figured it out in like 10 minutes. This makes the enjoyment of the game go up a few more notches
Thanks for the tip! I'll try this out tomorrow night and let you know what i think! I've made my own custom settings but im always looking for something different.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:45 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

How does one set the camera angle?? I have the option to change my view to 1 of 4 'custom' angles, but I don't see how I can create my own custom angle.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by amps211
How does one set the camera angle?? I have the option to change my view to 1 of 4 'custom' angles, but I don't see how I can create my own custom angle.
Start a game. Let the ref drop the puck. Press start. Then press settings. Then press custom camera. It will be the option second up from the bottom.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

I think there is no perfect angle. Depends on your preference. And TV.

The zoom depends on how big screen (and what resolution) you have.
And the pitch also affects the zoom, as the lower pitch you have the camera gets closer.

You should mentioned your TV size as well.

Me: 46 inch / 1080p (NHL play in 720p though)
Off. Offset: 0.66
Distance: 90.00
Pitch: 44.00

When we play at my mates, who has a smaller TV (32") we use distance 83.00 as 90 is to far away.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex

Last edited by JezFranco; 01-11-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
Just started!

danbearpig2u's Arena

OVR: 6

Are these camera's good for EASHL? I currently used "fixed" I believe, and it works, but sometimes seeing the other side of the ice is a pain. I cant tell when the dumb A.I. is in the zone lol
Old 01-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
Banned

tofubrain2's Arena

OVR: 10

lovin this new look. thanks @legendm0de I've enhanced my NHL experience and I have you to thank.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »