Home

Best Madden for Superstar Mode? (PS3)

This is a discussion on Best Madden for Superstar Mode? (PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
Banned

Braedan's Arena

OVR: 0
Best Madden for Superstar Mode? (PS3)

I already have Madden 08, 09, and 11, all for PS3. I was planning to buy an older one(don't want to spend more than $10) so which one is the best for PS3? I was thinking Madden 07, since it is older and probably more leaned to the last-generation versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Best Madden for Superstar Mode? (PS3)

Yeah the last gen was much better, although that's really just compared to today's crappy attempts at it.

I used to play 08 on PC alot.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

2005 was my favorite until 2013, think it was ps2 tho.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

Madden 06. Of course, last generation.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braedan
I already have Madden 08, 09, and 11, all for PS3. I was planning to buy an older one(don't want to spend more than $10) so which one is the best for PS3? I was thinking Madden 07, since it is older and probably more leaned to the last-generation versions.
DUDE!!! for the love of God! the only madden you haven't bought, is the BEST MADDEN EVER!!! BUY MADDEN 10 NOWWWWW!!! I have bought every single one since 06, for both ps3 & xbox (& whatever pc ones available)...

I still play M10 today, I can't get over how awesome & wholesome it is, especially when you set all the sliders to 0, adjust the penalties, set speed threshold to 0, speed very fast....

I bought M13 this year, and the next day I gave it away (it sucks a$$!!!). I played M12 for about a week (untill I figured it also sucks!!), only to get back to the masterpiece of a game, called Madden10....

I'm a maniac "dynasty" player, I only spectate my games in dynasty, & once you make the settings I said above, the game "comes to life" with one handed catches, awesome runs, qb scrambles (all depending on awarenes, which makes drafting really special)... Add to that 30 different created draft classes (that are still edible in names,positions,schools,gear,style for qbs and adds longevity) that are fully documented & most of the great players exist in nfl head coach 06&09.

The best AI in Superstar mode you'll ever see, in terms of teams resigning & drafting needs (far better than dynasty mode's), that ensures that you'll be playing with the best squad available (stars on your team are resigned always over bench players)...I've never seen so "smart" AI-gm, and its almost a shame that exists only in Supestar-mode (dynasty looks more into the future, releasing older stars for cap purposes, once they start declining athletically)..

Last but not least (at all)...The MOST SENSIBLE accelerated clock in a madden game ever! you COULD NOT BELEIVE HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE IT MAKES in ANY game mode...Actually , the ONLY PROPERLY functioning accelerated clock EVER in a Madden game (they completely Fu%^$ed up M13's clock)...Beleive you me, it might be the best feature of the game, as it is the critical factor in statistics realism (you play the proper no of downs always), because it direclty affects player progression/decline...Its the detail that brings the game "to life"...Hit X and you're walking towards the line for the next play (or go no-huddle) and the proper time is off the clock, the stamina is adjusted...You can finish 15min/q games in half an hour, and still not mess with player progression & stats...Thats INVALUABLE in dynasty/sim mode...

Like I said Buy it NOW!!!

Last edited by hgeths; 02-01-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »