Home

Too soon bro, too soon

This is a discussion on Too soon bro, too soon within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 24
Too soon bro, too soon

So I've advanced through about 40 "in-game" days worth of time in MyCareer mode, and I've already gotten like 3 billboards, an ad campaign, a magazine cover, and a sneaker endorsement, and various other stuff I'm already forgetting.

Does anyone else think this stuff should be spaced out more in the future? I mean for lack of a better term I feel like every 2 days there's someone new riding me. It's kind of annoying. Not every player goes through Bryce Harper syndrome. It'd be nice if I actually had to earn stuff. I mean half of the aforementioned accolades came before I even earned a starting role on my team - something I just did about 7 calendar days ago.

Don't get me wrong this stuff is really engrossing, I think other than this timeline thing I think the presentation/"little things" of MyCareer mode were executed superbly. They did a great job bringing the off-the-court aspects to life. I love feeling like I really am a superstar, and seeing the various endorsements and praise and stuff. But I feel like the timeline on these things needs to be spread out more, so that, for example, the magazine cover doesn't occur until several months in, only one billboard every month or so, etc...

The way things are currently, everything's happening way too fast. I feel like a smothered 18 year old woman that is picking out a wedding dress, a crib for her future son, and trying to learn her fiance's last name, all at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Too soon bro, too soon

That analogy was hilarious. Kudos.

But yea, the progression of you getting your shine is entirely too quick. Sometimes it feels like the mode is really only intended for one season, so they pack as much as they can into those first 82 games.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Is it meant for one season?
NBA team: Chicago Bulls
NHL team: Chicago Blackhawks
NCAA team: Notre Dame
Futbol team: Arsenal
Old 12-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
The funny thing is that after you get overwhelmed with all those stuffs. There is almost nothing less. They shoulve moved the shoe endorsement after you have a succesful season. Top 5 in PER or something and a few das later the show creation. Right now you get the endorsement after 5 games and the shoe creation at te end of the season. Slam dunk/3pt shoot out at all star weekend are worth a billboard. Maybe cracking the starter lineup and making the allstar team. Everything else is too much. Maybe only the top 5 picks get a billboard. My cousin was selected 21st by the celtics and he got a billboard as the next big thing?
Old 12-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Hmm...not sure.

I'm on my second season, about 30 games in. I haven't had anything new since about halfway into the first season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 24

Haha yeah that's funny because I got drafted by the Celtics too (which was awesome by the way, since it happened on the first try, and they are my favorite team).

It's just weird being a rookie scrub point guard and I'm already getting more love than Rondo.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I feel you guys on this front. It truly is engrossing throughout most of the first year. Then, it just feels like years 2-8 are just going to be mindlessly sloshing through game after game after game with no real cause or reason. On top of the off court accolades, I think it'd be nice if milestones also weren't given out right away, then not again until ten years of work has been put in. Further, to see the extremely small portion of VC coins given out for monster milestones is also a little defeating (is breaking the all-time scoring mark even worth 1,000 VC)?
Old 12-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

While I agree that they should space them out some, they should also make some of them reoccurring. Who is the league, who has a major shoe deal, only has one version of their shoe? I am also pretty sure that it is possible to be on the cover a magazine more than once.
I definitely think that they when all out for the first season and did next to nothing for seasons 2 through X. You can take a team to the Championship, win it and the following year you may hear the PA announcermention it once. Lead the league inscoring, you wont hears about it after you get the milestone for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »