Home

Roster Vault STEALING

This is a discussion on Roster Vault STEALING within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Angry Roster Vault STEALING

OK, so back in may, i posted a roster called "No Good Players" which had all players replaced by generic, 0 overall players, then, as i was browsing the Vault yesterday, i found a roster "made" by p-kemp, with no title, but the description of "all level 0 players." I downloaded it to see what he did, and to my surprise, he had taken my roster! I do not think it was a coincidence that he used the same names as I did (ex: SP Grady Park, RP Joe Ilsley, SS Joe Jeter). Anyway, can a mod please help me with this, he isnt giving me credit and he is claiming it is his.

THANKS
Oliver
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Roster Vault STEALING

You mean to say that somebody re-uploaded your roster file and is taking credit for creating it, and you're asking a moderator from Operation Sports to handle this situation?

SCEA isn't for another few more blocks. You might have to read up on their EULA and see what he might have violated before doing so, though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 12-21-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

This is one of those things that come with the territory... If you upload something to a public database, there's a good chance that someone else will take it, re-upload it, and claim it as their own...

What bugs me the most is not having a preview option for the player vault, wading through ~1000 Bryce Harpers only to find out they're all the same is so annoying lol
Old 12-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

Uploaded rosters are not proprietary -- it's common courtesy to give credit to others for rosters they have created but if someone takes what I upload and claims it as their own, so be it. I'm not going to whine about it. It's in the public -- folks can do what they want. Most of us here at OS try to give credit where credit is due but don't go overboard on this "roster rights" stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballcardude
OK, so back in may, i posted a roster called "No Good Players" which had all players replaced by generic, 0 overall players, then, as i was browsing the Vault yesterday, i found a roster "made" by p-kemp, with no title, but the description of "all level 0 players." I downloaded it to see what he did, and to my surprise, he had taken my roster! I do not think it was a coincidence that he used the same names as I did (ex: SP Grady Park, RP Joe Ilsley, SS Joe Jeter). Anyway, can a mod please help me with this, he isnt giving me credit and he is claiming it is his.

THANKS
Oliver
Old 12-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
Banned

I'm not asking for him to be banned, or even procecuted in any way, i just want his to be removed. I'm sorry if i seem kinda whiny, its just VERY annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I'm not asking for him to be banned, or even procecuted in any way, i just want his to be removed. I'm sorry if i seem kinda whiny, its just VERY annoying.
I understand where you're coming from. I'm only asking what you think Operation Sports can do about it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

THANKS
Oliver
I love that roster fun times.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I understand where you're coming from. I'm only asking what you think Operation Sports can do about it.
I assume that moderators are on here, and I was hoping that they could contact him and ask him to give credit to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I love that roster fun times.
you downloaded mine or his?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »