Home

Coach mode still there?

This is a discussion on Coach mode still there? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Coach mode still there?

Hello guys,

the last NBA game I owned was 2k7. I was wondering if 2k13 still comes with coach mode? I mean the mode which lets you watch your team play and make strategical decisions etc. but which also lets you take control of your guys instantly by pressing right or left on the d-pad. I sometimes like to play a season where I control both teams offenses in select games and this was a great way of doing it. Pressing pause and reassigning controllers after every play seems rather tedious in comparison.

So is it still there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Coach mode still there?

It's still there. However, it's been degraded by the developers for some reason or another.

First, in years past you could set coach mode on as part of your settings. So when you start a game, coach mode 'on' would be set. That is not available. So in every game you'll have to go into the coaching settings and turn on coach mode. Bothersome but not a big deal.

However, the big deal I have with coach mode is the inability to call plays for individual players. The only plays you can call is quick plays. There is also a 'Call Best Play' option which basically calls the play that's determined by the player and coach settings.

The playcalling feature was expanded in 2K12, which was great but they shafted coach mode folks in the process.

NOW, thanks to NINJA2K, your able to call plays with your voice on the Xbox 360 kinnect by using the voice recognition feature. The only thing is, you can only call POST, ISOLATION, PICK AND ROLL, 3Pt plays. And what it does it randomly picks a play from the various plays that's assigned to that player. So if your the Lakers and wanted to call a POST play for Gasol, it would randomly pick from either the High or Low post plays assigned to Gasol. And in regards to the other plays like Mid-Range and Cutter, I'm not sure. If you have the PS3 version, your just stuck with quick plays and the 'Call Best Play' option.

Me and a few others have asked this to be patched and none of us got a viable response. Either they just don't care or they can't fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »