Home

NCAA 12 At-Large Bids

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 At-Large Bids within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
Rookie

ownthehobo's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA 12 At-Large Bids

So for the first time ever in my dynasty, I decided to make all the BCS games (except the Fiesta Bowl) at-large bids. I did this by deleting all the AQ spots in the BCS Tie-Ins. I figured this would put in the 2 highest ranked against one another. I figured it would have 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, and 7 vs 8, but that isn't the case.

Here were the BCS Bowls:

Rose Bowl: 3 Ole Miss vs 4 Ohio State
Sugar Bowl: 9 Florida vs 14 Ohio
Orange Bowl: 5 LSU vs 8 Nevada

Where is 6 Air Force or 10 Utah? (7 Fresno State AQed for the Fiesta Bowl)

Why were these teams selected instead of going in order of BCS Rankings?

BTW Wish me luck. I'm Oregon State facing off against arch-rival Oregon in the BCS Championship game. I just beat them 2 weeks before but they somehow stuck around. The weird thing is, there is only one one loss team in the BCS Top 10. And the number 10 in the BCS rankings has 4 losses. :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Rookie

That's crazy. I made some conference changes in mine as well. The ACC, Big East, Big12, C-USA, SEC, MAC, PAC 12 and the Sun Belt all have 12+ teams and thus all have conference title games. The B1G is the only "Top Conference" that doesn't have a title game. MWC and WAC split their teams to make two 7 team leagues. I made all the BCS games at large with ACC, B1G, Big 12, C USA, SEC, Sun Belt, PAC 12 and Big East AQ. This really works out great, because you don't have the same conferences facing each other ever bowl season(old rose bowl). Also, all the conferences that are AQ have at least two teams in the top 25(most recent Sun Belt Title, #3 ULL vs #4 FIU).
Old 12-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
Rookie

ownthehobo's Arena

Re: NCAA 12 At-Large Bids

#4 FIU?!?! Dang what year are you in? I'm in 2018 in mine and FIU hasn't even had a winning season yet! ULL has cracked the top 10 a few times though.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Interesting, I usually do get 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, and 7 vs 8 pretty regularly when I have no AQs
Old 12-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Rookie

2041, when I had my program at Penn State going well I could pretty much sim the season and win the CT and NT. So my coach has 13 Conference Titles and 7 National Titles. I'm the HC at ULL right now. Since I gave the Sun Belt a title game and a AQ spot all the teams have grown. Ark St is in the Big East, I added La Tech and UTSA and traded Ark St for one of the lower Big East teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #6
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Interesting. I recently did exactly the same thing, but for a different purpose. I did it to *hopefully* mix up the bowl matchups.

After I recently finished year 5 of my dynasty, I got the idea after playing Wisconsin for the second time in three years.

Year 3 bowl: Wisconsin defeated me in OT
Year 4 : I lucked into the NC and bested Oregon
Year 5 bowl: Matched up with Wisconsin again, this time I came out on top.

So I'm looking forward to seeing if I can get more variety in my next bowl matchup.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #7
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownthehobo
#4 FIU?!?! Dang what year are you in? I'm in 2018 in mine and FIU hasn't even had a winning season yet! ULL has cracked the top 10 a few times though.
lol I could ask the same thing about yours, Air Force is ranked 6th.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #8
Rookie

ownthehobo's Arena

Very true.

Somehow they struck gold in recruiting in California and have a very very good running game. There rating is 95 overall in year 2019.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »