Home

Playing the CPU has to become more fun and realistically challenging

This is a discussion on Playing the CPU has to become more fun and realistically challenging within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Playing the CPU has to become more fun and realistically challenging

Otherwise the game gets shelved fast. Playing other people is fun but every now and then just wanna get into a season against the CPU but can't because out of the box the CPU is always too easy on All-Pro or too hard on All-Madden. And it's not fun having to match cheese with cheese to win on All-Madden. I don't want slider sets I want a much better (and smarter) CPU out of the box, not a CPU that has its ratings go up to adjust for difficulty.

I thought the older generation sports games (Xbox, PS2) had much better translation of difficulty against the CPU. Seems like the AI has become less of a top-line priority since player vs player gaming has become popular. Constructively, a better AI/CPU would mean much more replay value for me, this really applies to all sports games not just Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Playing the CPU has to become more fun and realistically challenging

To be honest they need to redo the AI all together. IT has been way over do for the AI to reprogram to better job at playing football. That is my opinion. I just hope EA is working on the AI this coming year for Madden14. But I ain't holding my breath tho.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

I was having fun and losing some games until I read about the bump and run bug, where a WR with good release attributes blows by the CB bumping him if audibiled to a streak. Knowing that it's now impossible to lose.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Agreed.

I want a game that plays smart, but realistic. If I'm playing the Patriots, I should be scared to death of Brady and that passing attack. But if I'm playing the Vikings, I should be worried about that running game.

I really want some sort of SIM difficulty level where the CPU plays as smart as it can, where it picks up on tendencies, where it makes smart and logical decisions, but it stays within the confines of its player ratings.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you guys are simply looking for a challenge, I suggest taking a look at Jarodd21's All-Madden slider sets.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html

From easiest to most difficult, it goes Green --> Red --> Blue --> Black.

I'm using a hybrid Blue/Black set at the moment. It's giving me some very realistic games. The last 4 have gone like this:

Chicago Bears @ Jacksonville Jags - 14-20 (L)
Chicago Bears vs. GB Packers - 31-24 (W)
Chicago Bears vs. SF 49'ers - 55-28 (W)
Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks - 34-24 (W)

I feel like sometimes the CPU is playing well above its ratings, but I don't really think there is any other way to get the game to the point where you can't cheese the CPU by using glitch/money plays. For example, I've thrown an interception or two when I thought I had the bump/run bug set up perfectly, only to find that the CPU's Pass D reaction time is low enough that the safety or OLB can step up and cover that pass about 2/3 of the time.

All the games (outside of the blowout against SF) have been close, tightly contested games that have left me very satisfied when I won, and wondering, "What could I have done differently there?" when I lose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
To be honest they need to redo the AI all together. IT has been way over do for the AI to reprogram to better job at playing football. That is my opinion. I just hope EA is working on the AI this coming year for Madden14. But I ain't holding my breath tho.

Yeah man, in previous versions I could get some what of a competitive game on tweaked All Pro sliders. This year I've tried all Madden and any and every slider set known to man and the CPU is worthless. I love how our complaint regarding the lack of CPU running game lead EA to just jack up the CPU RB "break tackle" slider.

It's hard for me to to grasp how EA thought we wouldn't realize that the reason the CPU is running all over us on All Madden is due to 100 Broken tackles on every play behind the LOS....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »