Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 13 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 13 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: Which version of these sliders do you prefer?
Final Version 47 82.46%
Alternate Version 10 17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #1
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 13 Sliders

After numerous slider combinations and frustratios, I've finally managed to create a set that in my opinion, brings out the most in the gameplay. For everyone who found the game unplayable, has given up on it, or has yet to find a slider combo that suits them, I encourage you to atleast try these.

Note: These sliders were tested using Puckhead and Simple Math's Revamped Rosters, which I recommend. I also recommend Tonic's Opening Night roster. Thanks to all who contributed to these rosters, and to all who've given feedback.

Recommended Custom Cameras:
Free Roam Cam
Distance: 77.84
Pitch: 24.63
Off. Offset: 0.00

Coach Mode:
True Broadcast
Authentic Puck Size
Authentic Puck Shadow
Auto Zoom OFF

FINAL VERSION
Game Style: Hardcore
Period Length: 9 Minutes
Offsides: Delayed
Icing: On
Injuries: On
Penalties: Max
Post Whistle: Authentic
Penalty Time Scaling: 3* (in accordance with period length)
Fighting: Max
Shot Aim: Manual

Gameplay Settings

BASIC

Skill Level: Pro* (Game plays most naturally on pro to me, don't be fooled into thinking the game won't be challenging)

Gamestyle: Current (hardcore)

GENERAL

Tuner:1.04* (best physics, skating engine and likelehood of penalties)
CPU Aid: Hardcore
Broken Stick Frequency: 2

Game Speed: 2

Attribute Effect: 3

Fatigue Effect: 2/2
Fatigue Rcovery: 1/1
Injury Occurence: 4/4
Puck Control: 3/3

Player Acceleration: 2/1* (good forechecking by AI teamates, improves effectiveness of boardplay)

AI

AI Learning: 0
CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 0
CPU Strategy Adjustment: MAXED
Human Strategy Adjustment: 3
Faceoff Difficulty: 4* (important for realistic faceoff percentages)
Fight Difficulty: 3 (user prefference)
CPU Penalties: MAXED
CPU Teammate Penalties: MAXED

PASSING

Pass Assist: 4* (depends on how good a passer you are. I average around 66%-72% with this at 4, and the sliders listed below)
Manual Passing: Off
Pass Speed: MAXED
Saucer Pass Speed: 5
Pass Accuracy: 5/5
Reception Ease: 0/0
Interceptions: 0/0

SHOOTING

Shot Accuracy: 1/1* (star sharp-shooters stand out, but average players can still put it to the back of the net, better variety among goal scorers)

Shot Power: 3/3* (Realistic shot speeds)
Slap Shot Accuracy: 1/1
Slap Shot Power: 6/6
One-Timer Accuracy: 2/1* (the AI loves the one-timer and it is often a go-to move during pressure situtations)

CHECKING

Hitting Assistance: 2 (or 1)
Aggresssion: 5/5* (improved forechecking, more consistent penalty calls, active sticks)

Hitting Power: 2/2
Stick Lift: 3/2
Poke: 2/1

GOALIES

Goalie Passing: 2
Cover Puck: 4
Screen Effect: 4/4
Reaction Speed: 2/2

ALTERNATE VERSION

Period Length: 9 Minutes
Penalty Time Scaling: 5
Shot Aim: Manual

Gameplay Settings

BASIC

Skill Level: Pro

GENERAL

Tuner: 1.06
Game Speed: 0
Fatigue Effect: 4/4
Fatigue Rcovery: 2/2
Puck Control: 1/1
Player Acceleration: 1/1

AI

AI Learning: 3
Human Strategy Adjustment: 3
Faceoff Difficulty: 4
Fight Difficulty: 4 (user prefference)
CPU Penalties: Max
CPU Teammate Penalties: Max

PASSING

Pass Assist: 4
Manual Passing: Off
Saucer Speed: 5

SHOOTING

Shot Accuracy: 1/1
Shot Power: 3/3
Slap Shot Power: 2/2
One-Timer Accuracy: 2/1

CHECKING

Hitting Assistance: 1
Aggresssion: 3/3

Hitting Power: 2/2
Stick Lift: 2/2
Poke: 1/1

GOALIES

Screen Effect: 3/3
Reaction Speed: 4/4

Cycloniac's Coach Mode Sliders
I've started using coach mode in BAGM, and it's injecting new life into the game for me. Having alot of fun.

Period Length: 10 Minutes
Penalty Time Scaling: 3* (in accordance with period length)
Shot Aim: Manual (has no effect on gameplay)

Gameplay Settings

BASIC

Skill Level: Pro* (Game plays most naturally on pro to me, don't be fooled into thinking the game won't be challenging)

GENERAL

Tuner:1.04* (best physics, skating engine and likelehood of penalties)
Game Speed: 4
Fatigue Effect: 2/2
Fatigue Rcovery: 1/1
Puck Control: 3/3
Player Acceleration: 3/3

AI

AI Learning: 0
Human Strategy Adjustment: 0
Faceoff Difficulty: 5* (important for realistic faceoff percentages; both clean wins and scrambles happen)
Fight Difficulty: 3 (does not affect gameplay)
CPU Penalties: MAXED
CPU Teammate Penalties: MAXED

PASSING

Pass Assist: 4* (has no affect on gameplay)
Manual Passing: Off (has no affect on gameplay)
Saucer Pass Speed: 5

SHOOTING

Shot Accuracy: 1/1* (star sharp-shooters stand out, but average players can still put it to the back of the net, better variety among goal scorers)

Shot Power: 3/3* (Realistic shot speeds)
Slap Shot Power: 6/6
One-Timer Accuracy: 1/1

CHECKING

Hitting Assistance: 2 (has no affect on gameplay)
Aggresssion: 5/5* (improved forechecking, more consistent penalty calls, active sticks)
Hitting Power: 3/3 (forechecking, checkers play physical hockey)
Stick Lift: 2/2
Poke: 1/1

GOALIES

Screen Effect: 4/4
Reaction Speed: 2/2

These sliders attempt to mirror NHL averages
2011-2012 NHL Averages: http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm

Based on those, I'm using these ranges
Goals: 2.02-3.33 - This means that you can have the occasional 5-6 goal game, but goals should be around this range

Shots per game: 26.5-33.9
Powerplay %: 13.5%-21.6%
Faceoff %: 46.2%-54.5%

Last edited by Cycloniac; 08-27-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 13 Sliders

Thanks for these. I was messing around with them last night after trying AL_TITO13's for a few games.

Off the bat I had to raise game speed to 1. 0 made me feel like I was skating in mud. Raised acceleration to 2 as well, but as I write this I'm thinking I should have tried just raising game speed first and tested.

Problem for me is last NHL I had was NHL 10 and I haven't played that in ages. So, in a nutshell, I suck. And I'm afraid to mess with the sliders too much because I don't want to cheat and I want an authentic sim of hockey. I think I'm cheating now with the CPU shot accuracy at 0, even though they are scoring on me! Maybe I'll try turning CPU aid to ****** or normal to help. IDK, any suggestions on what to mess with for a sucky player?

I really like these sliders. I liked AL_TITO13's as well. I'm kind of torn between the two. I have not won a game yet (getting used to LT skating me backwards after playing NHL 10 squaring me off for 3 years is messing with me) but I am having fun. I'm not getting trounced on either. Scores are 3-1, 2-0 etc. I feel closer to winning with your sliders though. Game is challenging without it feeling like a second job.

I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer for via Google. What exactly is the difference in Skill Levels? Does All Star make the CPU cheat or does it give more credence to player attributes than Pro? You said "the game plays most naturally for me" in Pro. How so? I'm just curious, I feel the same way, but, I thought All Star felt good too.

Also, do you think these sliders will work well in BaP? Would you change anything for that mode?

Sorry for the long post and thanks again for the sliders.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33m3R
Thanks for these. I was messing around with them last night after trying AL_TITO13's for a few games.

Off the bat I had to raise game speed to 1. 0 made me feel like I was skating in mud. Raised acceleration to 2 as well, but as I write this I'm thinking I should have tried just raising game speed first and tested.

Problem for me is last NHL I had was NHL 10 and I haven't played that in ages. So, in a nutshell, I suck. And I'm afraid to mess with the sliders too much because I don't want to cheat and I want an authentic sim of hockey. I think I'm cheating now with the CPU shot accuracy at 0, even though they are scoring on me! Maybe I'll try turning CPU aid to ****** or normal to help. IDK, any suggestions on what to mess with for a sucky player?

I really like these sliders. I liked AL_TITO13's as well. I'm kind of torn between the two. I have not won a game yet (getting used to LT skating me backwards after playing NHL 10 squaring me off for 3 years is messing with me) but I am having fun. I'm not getting trounced on either. Scores are 3-1, 2-0 etc. I feel closer to winning with your sliders though. Game is challenging without it feeling like a second job.

I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer for via Google. What exactly is the difference in Skill Levels? Does All Star make the CPU cheat or does it give more credence to player attributes than Pro? You said "the game plays most naturally for me" in Pro. How so? I'm just curious, I feel the same way, but, I thought All Star felt good too.

Also, do you think these sliders will work well in BaP? Would you change anything for that mode?

Sorry for the long post and thanks again for the sliders.
Regarding skill levels...for me, Pro is the default or "Normal" skill level. I prefer pro because I believe it keeps the game balanced between the User and CPU. I think what EA does to increase the challenge, when upping difficulty, is adjusting the CPU team's attributes universally, and in key situations.

I believe by using Pro, I limit this from happening. In contrast, the Rookie skill level would increase the User team's attributes, and decrease the CPU's, in order to make the game seem easier. So, I don't think that there's any "under the hood" attribute adjustments when using Pro, compared to the other skill levels. That's also why I use attribute effects at 3. NBA 2K does something similair regarding slider changes, but they actually make it visible to the user, unlike EA.

Idk, but what I've used All-Star this year and in the past, I felt suffocated at times. Savoie and the rest, comment on that.

Regarding CPU aid: in my opinion, never ever use ******. Always hardcore or normal, not sure what default means.

And I've never thought of using them in BaP, so I actually have no idea. I guess try them in the mode and tell me what you think; if you're lucky, you won't have to tweak much at all.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

"Suffocated." Yes, I can see that, I kind of felt that way playing with AL's sliders. I felt like I was covered in a blanket of CPU AI and it was holding me back. I just wasn't sure if it was me being away from the series for so long or the game. I was about to give up and go back and play Borderlands 2 when I decided to give your sliders a try. I definitely feel more at ease with them.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try CPU aid on normal.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

hey, solid sliders..

you got me back into offline play with these and your music pack.

i made some small tweaks and bumped up to all star, for me pro is way to easy and the cpu never gets any pressure.

one main change i made was to hum acc to 0 and hum/cpu shot power to 2.

i use auto aim, so i needed to match the cpu acc at 0. also, i feel shot power at 3 is to much for the goalie to handle.

you ever mess with the players stick curves? they all defaulted to the second one up from bottom. if EA would change the players blades, have some guys with the higher curve etc it would throw a wrinkle into shot speed. i mean, every player in the game uses the same curve. why even bother having different ones if every player uses the same one?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Like many before i was frustrated with this game and stop playing... saw this sliders a couple of dayīs ago and decided to give it a go, without much hope.

Guess what, this sliders made me hooked again with the game! It playīs great except for the fact that i canīt actually score goals, but the chances are there!

Thatīs my only thing with the game now, it plays wonderfully but i canīt score.

Im using manual aim, and im sure i suck at aiming, however, i donīt want to play with auto aim because it removes a very exciting part of the game.

Maybe i will give myself a little accuracy boost in shots AND drop the cpu goalie reaction slider a notch and see if i can put the puck in the net!

Congrats for your sliders Cycloniac, they play GREAT!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Im using manual aim, and im sure i suck at aiming, however, i donīt want to play with auto aim because it removes a very exciting part of the game.
the thing is IMO, on manual, the game is way to predictable for the user. all shots for most part go top shelf to the corners, or to the bottom of the net to the corners. thats it. same goals, same ways etc.

turn on auto aim, all of a sudden your scoring wrist shots under the goalies arm pits, 5 hole, goals that trickle in after a save, stuff you just dont ever see when using manual IMO. you will see more variety in goals being scored and to me thats more exciting than manual.

make sure if you try auto aim, to bump user shot acc down to 0.

play 10 games on manual, then do the same with auto. im willing to bet the games will be much more exciting and fun than with manual.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
hey, solid sliders..

you got me back into offline play with these and your music pack.

i made some small tweaks and bumped up to all star, for me pro is way to easy and the cpu never gets any pressure.

one main change i made was to hum acc to 0 and hum/cpu shot power to 2.

i use auto aim, so i needed to match the cpu acc at 0. also, i feel shot power at 3 is to much for the goalie to handle.

you ever mess with the players stick curves? they all defaulted to the second one up from bottom. if EA would change the players blades, have some guys with the higher curve etc it would throw a wrinkle into shot speed. i mean, every player in the game uses the same curve. why even bother having different ones if every player uses the same one?
Glad your enjoying them. Difficulty is relative to the player, after all, so If you feel that All-Star gives you a better challenge, by all means.

I've noticed the different stick curves since EA added them in 08, and I believe they weren't the same before, don't understand why they're all the same this year. I guess if they were different, what we could do is use shot speed at 0 first, then tailor the goalie sliders to match the shot speed.

Ideally though, I would want the shot speeds to more closely mirror real life, but oh well. Still something to think about though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »