Home

NBA 2k13 Dev play Thursday night

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 Dev play Thursday night within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2k13 Dev play Thursday night

I was lucky enough to play a developer Thursday. Her name is Felicia, she works on Online portion of the game. It was a fun game and It was nice to be able to ask questions about 2k13. Let me just say I have a better understanding of 2k13 and will not complain about certain things about the game anymore. I am satisfied and Felicia is super awesome.. Even tho she beat me..Arrrrrgh.. Hahaha. She even knew who I was.. My reputation proceeds me...Is that good? :P Any body else from here play a Dev?

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

Last edited by rockchisler; 12-07-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2k13 Dev play Thursday night

How do you know that she was really a developer? Did she actually talk to you? If not, it could be some 38 year old man with a lumberjack beard and a tub of roasted almonds resting between his legs as he chats it up with you. Even if it was a woman, it was probably some chick talking on the mic while her boyfriend had tape over his mouth so you wouldn't hear his hysterical laughing. I just highly, highly doubt it was some developer (let alone a woman) that you played. Please, though, do tell more!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:29 AM   #3
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Yo rock can u share some of the things u discussed?
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
I was lucky enough to play a developer Thursday. Her name is Felicia, she works on Online portion of the game. It was a fun game and It was nice to be able to ask questions about 2k13. Let me just say I have a better understanding of 2k13 and will not complain about certain things about the game anymore. I am satisfied and Felicia is super awesome.. Even tho she beat me..Arrrrrgh.. Hahaha. She even knew who I was.. My reputation proceeds me...Is that good? :P Any body else from here play a Dev?
LOL! That's all your gonna tell us? Do you mind elaborating on what was revealed to you about the game that made you not want to "complain about certain things anymore"?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
hmm they have a list of people that complain? Time to make some noise about PC version getting customizable arena sounds!

What teams did you guys play as? I'm guessing Felicia played Miami!

Last edited by Goffs; 12-07-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
LOL! That's all your gonna tell us? Do you mind elaborating on what was revealed to you about the game that made you not want to "complain about certain things anymore"?
Yeah..Drop some details roc! You can't put a nugget of info like that out there and not elaborate.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
How do you know that she was really a developer? Did she actually talk to you? If not, it could be some 38 year old man with a lumberjack beard and a tub of roasted almonds resting between his legs as he chats it up with you. Even if it was a woman, it was probably some chick talking on the mic while her boyfriend had tape over his mouth so you wouldn't hear his hysterical laughing. I just highly, highly doubt it was some developer (let alone a woman) that you played. Please, though, do tell more!
Last night was Nba 2k13 Play a developer night ( Posted on Ronnie 2k twitter).
1. The euro step 3 pointers is known but it looks like it can't/won't be fixed.
2. Lobbies. Not coming back most likely. They did studies on it and the issue was kind of like madden lobbies. You challenge someone and they don't respond and you are in the lobbies sitting waiting to play someone.
3. I asked about next gen Nba 2k.... as like I suspected.. Nothing to speak on.. Hey I tried.
I expressed my concern about interior defense for future releases.
Blacktop was discussed, Dont play it that much but I just felt it played to fast when I do play.
4. She said we are REALLY gonna like 2k14
5. Bringing back sliders for playing friends, not coming back anytime soon.
That's all I can remember. I really didn't think I was going to be able to play a developer so I really didn't have questions prepared.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 12-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
hmm they have a list of people that complain? Time to make some noise about PC version getting customizable arena sounds!

What teams did you guys play as? I'm guessing Felicia played Miami!
I was Detroit, she had Golden State

ROOKIE KILLER

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »